Autumn Tins - Knakrack C Lv. X? What?

ApachePrime

Aspiring Trainer
FUNNY STORY TIME GUYS

We went to our local game shop today, and lo and behold! The autumn tins! I bought a Garchomp C tin, we opened it (and got a Blaze FB lv X in one of the packs!). Score! We finally took a good look at the Garchomp card, and we see that it's in german.

WAT.

The copy on the tin is english, the packs are english, but the actual promo card is german. The other Garchomp tin our guy had in stock is the same way!! So we bought it and kept it sealed, to prove we didn't pull a switcheroo.

proof: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/d13t_p3ps1/knackrack.jpg

Is this widespread? Is it just us? Do we have a spooky mystery error card?

That's weird.
Really weird.
I would bet that they messed up and put the wrong copy in.

The image is broken.

That sounds...wierd. I don't see how it's really possible, though.

I don't see why it's weird, since I assume the promo lvX would be the last thing added before the cover. They loaded up the tin with the packs, put on the plastic, and then mistakenly inserted the lvX from the german pile.

Or the robot messed up, however these get packaged :p

I wonder if the sealed one would be rare/worth a lot? You can't really argue that the opened one is legit, but if it's sealed then it could be worth something, depending on how rare this phenomenon is.

One time I got a Lucario/Manaphy trainer kit and all teh cards in the Lucario half deck besides Lucario (and energy of course) were German. I thought: WTH? LOL! My Maschok(or Machollo, forgot which is Machop or Machoke) will cream you with Fubcick!

My tin came with a Rayquaza C Lv. X complete with "Letztes Donnerwetter". I haven't opened the packs, but I might as well since they're in English, right?

*edit*

Opened them, and I'm glad I did. Got a Gallade 4 Lv. X.

My local store has english X's, so there might of been a shipping, or ordering miscommunication. I'd contact the person who sold it to you.

Meaty said:
One time I got a Lucario/Manaphy trainer kit and all the cards in the Lucario half deck besides Lucario (and energy of course) were German. I thought: WTH? LOL! My Maschok(or Machollo, forgot which is Machop or Machoke) will cream you with Fubcick!

rofl that just made me crack the F up XD Esp. with the Fubcick!

maybe if it set isn't released in Germany yet, you can presell it to someone there for loads of... whatever the German currency is XD

wow, now I feel cheated. not only is my Charizard G Lv X promo in english, but I pulled nothing good out of my packs.

It seems like foreign level Xs = good stuff in packs. Maybe I should hunt for weird names on the tins from now on. c.c

According to WPM
"There are several reports in my inbox that some of the tins have German versions of the LV.X cards. The American distribution center handles foreign prints of the cards, which means there was probably some sort of distribution error or mix-up when the LV.X cards were packaged into the tins. Before you buy them, make sure to check their plastic windows to insure the LV.X cards are in English. For reference, Charizard's German name is Glurak, Garchomp's is Knakrack, and Rayquaza's is... Rayquaza. The latter's language may be harder to discern, so look closely at the card's words to see if they are in English."

Lolmonster said:
I think they still use Francs, but it might be Euros.

Francs were French money lol, and yes, I do believe the Germans have euros. Btw, I was born and lived in France until I moved 5 years ago. :D

Believenstyle said:
rofl that just made me crack the F up XD Esp. with the Fubcick!

maybe if it set isn't released in Germany yet, you can presell it to someone there for loads of... whatever the German currency is XD

oh woops it was Fubkick lol, and teh bw as some otehr weird b-ish eltter. I'll see if I can get a picture.

I accidentally bought a German Ampharos on ebay... I am so tempted to put it in my deck so I can play it and yell: "Ampharos! Gigafunkensprung!" in a bad German accent.

Kaishu said:
I accidentally bought a German Ampharos on ebay... I am so tempted to put it in my deck so I can play it and yell: "Ampharos! Gigafunkensprung!" in a bad German accent.

and what does Gigafunkensprung! mean?

I assume it's German for "Gigaspark" which is what is printed on the English version of the card. XD

Back