Autumn Friendly & Kami Trio = unfriendly?

burningcharizard

Fire Pokémon Master
How will this competition be any fun or 'friendly' if everyone will end up using the Kami Trio?
They are overpowered and ridiculous to counter with Unova only Poke'mon.
I feel I will have to use one in my team just to stand a chance.

If anyone can prove me wrong and discuss any possible Poke'mon or show any videos where the Poke'mon have come out victorious over the Kami it would be great to see.

superpokemon67

Aspiring Trainer
TR will destroy them yes. 2 of the 3 are weak to Scarf Terrakion, and you can always use them yourself if it's that big a problem.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
They aren't too much of a threat once ya get the right Pokemon. However they are annoying and everyone who uses em JUST cause they're good doesn't seem to grasp the friendly aspect. Oh well, this happens with everyone who doesn't know how to actually have fun. My only problem I'm having right now is:

Every. Single. Player. Disconnects. After. I. Kill. Their. Pokemon.

EVERY.SINGLE.ONE. It's starting to get annoying because they can't seem to accept a loss. Here I am accepting my losses, but whenever I'm gonna win they disconnect regardless of potential penalties. It's the most irritating thing ever; maybe I should disconnect my matches when I'm about to lose to someone with a non-broken team. Yup.

Ophie

Aspiring Trainer
So nobody read the rules?

I get the feeling that the people who will make it to the top will be those who happen to come across people who don't disconnect rather than any ability to battle.

Not to worry though--these people who are constantly ragequitting will realize what's going on and will either decide not to disconnect or stop participating in these events. Either way, they'll be out of your hair in the future.

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Ophie said:
So nobody read the rules?

I get the feeling that the people who will make it to the top will be those who happen to come across people who don't disconnect rather than any ability to battle.

Not to worry though--these people who are constantly ragequitting will realize what's going on and will either decide not to disconnect or stop participating in these events. Either way, they'll be out of your hair in the future.

This is true. haha, I noticed a lot of them aren't ragequitting anymore after that. Took a break for a bit, and am taking breaks. Only downside is the really un-original teams but hey I bumped into a few original ones and those battles were a lot more fun due to the interesting Pokemon choices. Again though; what can ya do, winning seems to overrule fun half the time.

Ophie

Aspiring Trainer
I went out of my way to pick Pokémon I don't see very often--if you run into me, I will guarantee an interesting match. (I don't care about my record--I just want to see interesting things happen. But ragequitting still gets on my nerves because I can't make Battle Videos of them.)

EricDLee

Magikarp used Splash! It's super effective!
About half of my matches have ended in ragequits (I won the others). This is seriously an issue that Pokemon needs to address.

My team isn't particularly original, but at least it doesn't use the Kami trio.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
Ugh. They should've banned the trio. They are too fast and too powerful and almost every battle lately has been against them.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have made a thread on TPCi's private forums. I will let you know what kind of responses I get.

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
I have been informed that if you wait approximately 90 seconds you get the win.

superpokemon67

Aspiring Trainer
I get a DC 2 out of 3 matches now, and it's really starting to bug me. I don't think I'm going to place well in this tourney, if only because of the constant disconnections.

Ophie

Aspiring Trainer
I got a disconnect at the end of the first match--looks like it counted anyway though as I stuck around. That's the only disconnection I have. Also, the system looks for people who are disconnecting as they're about to lose. They'll be disqualified, not you. I'd bet a lot of people have been disqualified already. Even if you've played no battles, you're likely in the top half by now.

I now stand at 4 wins and 4 losses. I've figured out how to deal with the djinns, though having two out at once can still overwhelm me. (I also completely trashed the Terrakion and Beat Up combo: 28-22012-60237.)