News August's English TCG Set: 'Burning Shadows'

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
I don't really see how what you said makes Seviper bad, sure he doesn't help Toxapex much, but that's just because Toxapex is to slow, but if any cards that provide poison come out then seviper could come in handy. Sure, right now he isn't likely to see much play, but he could see play in the future, he at least has some amount of potential. And in expanded I'm sure he could see at least a little play as maybe a one-of, being used in conjunction with Hypno-toxic laser.

By taking valuable bench space that we can't afford to lose post-rotation? 10 damage is pretty much obsolete if you're resorting to using poison to do damage. It's getting hyped for no reason like Toxapex was, since it will never see play throughout its' lifetime. And no one can argue that it will see expanded play because of Virbank, Laser, and Seismitoad, because it won't. The primary problem with Seviper is that it takes benchspace that standard can't afford to waste, and expanded is too fast paced plus, uh, Keldeo.

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
By taking valuable bench space that we can't afford to lose post-rotation? 10 damage is pretty much obsolete if you're resorting to using poison to do damage. It's getting hyped for no reason like Toxapex was, since it will never see play throughout its' lifetime. And no one can argue that it will see expanded play because of Virbank, Laser, and Seismitoad, because it won't. The primary problem with Seviper is that it takes benchspace that standard can't afford to waste, and expanded is too fast paced plus, uh, Keldeo.
Valuable bench space in a seismitoad deck? Besides Crobats and some Shaymin-EX what exactly do you need on the bench in a seismitoad deck? Throwing it in as a one of makes perfect sense for Seismatoad. Some decks have bench space to spare... you'd think that if a deck came out that relied on poison then maybe it'd be able to provide space for Pokémon... that help poison? :rolleyes:

And as far as I can tell this seviper isn't getting much hype... and neither did toxapex-GX for that matter :p

Xeynid

Aspiring Trainer
Praying that charizard will be played even though it's just another typical charizard lol

Ho oh GX seems really strong. In expanded with blacksmith, it'll be even stronger. With Battle compressor, I can't imagine ho oh decks not running Charizard GX as a tech occasionally. (Though incineroar is probably better)

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Valuable bench space in a seismitoad deck? Besides Crobats and some Shaymin-EX what exactly do you need on the bench in a seismitoad deck? Throwing it in as a one of makes perfect sense for Seismatoad. Some decks have bench space to spare... you'd think that if a deck came out that relied on poison then maybe it'd be able to provide space for Pokémon... that help poison? :rolleyes:

And as far as I can tell this seviper isn't getting much hype... and neither did toxapex-GX for that matter :p
Besides Crobat(S) and SOME Shaymin-EX, meaning there's at least one of each. That's 4. Another Toad so you don't run out of atackers... That's five -_- And if you play ToadBats, then you already get the extra damage Toad needed in Bats, so the 10 damage from a Seviper, which BTW, there's WAY more status recovery in expanded, becomes just a wasted bench space. Also, ideally, Toad would play Decidueye, despite comments from heartbroken Toad Bats players. It does exactly what bats do, except, you can get it T1, it has 240 HP, and it can actually attack for relevant damage, and the GX attack is a bonus.

Baconcrisp3

Aspiring Trainer
Besides Crobat(S) and SOME Shaymin-EX, meaning there's at least one of each. That's 4. Another Toad so you don't run out of atackers... That's five -_- And if you play ToadBats, then you already get the extra damage Toad needed in Bats, so the 10 damage from a Seviper, which BTW, there's WAY more status recovery in expanded, becomes just a wasted bench space. Also, ideally, Toad would play Decidueye, despite comments from heartbroken Toad Bats players. It does exactly what bats do, except, you can get it T1, it has 240 HP, and it can actually attack for relevant damage, and the GX attack is a bonus.
Your right, ten damage is completely irrelevant and doesn't increase your odds of winning at all... but oh wait... wouldn't that make Hypno-toxic lazer pointless (besides the 50% of sleep)? I think what you need to understand is that I'm not suggesting that seviper be like a four of in the deck, but just as a one of, just for a little extra poison damage. It's nice to have options... and this would just be an alternate way of increasing damage without having to use an evolved Pokémon. I'd only put one in my deck, if I played a Seismitoad deck. There's really no point in having this argument though :p If you think he's bad, just don't play him, ok. It's not like he's game changing, but as a little one of tech, I really don't see any reason not to play him.

Seismitoad does 30 damage, Hypnotoxic Laser does 10, Virbank amps it up to 60, choice band to 90, and then three deciduae makes it 150, all you need is two seviper and your one shotting EX some GX pokemon. Not like this would happen often, but even that is a possibility. :)

moriras

Tis a good deck, but sure tis no pool, English
Is this set going to be legal for the 2017 world championships?

Edit: nevermind, it's already been answered

moriras

Tis a good deck, but sure tis no pool, English
Follow up on my previous question: Where is the official announcement that this set will be legal for worlds? I can't seem to find it on the official pokemon website?

theprp30

Aspiring Trainer
No vs seeker, now things will change in a big way going forward till we probably get it as secret full art some day for standard :(

HyKai

Aspiring Trainer
Full Art Gardevoir is beautiful!
Including FA Lycanroc and FA Tapu Bulu is nice, but unexpected to me.

paulyd84

cooltrainerpaul
Amazing set but 41 ultra rares... (excluding standard GX) I think I'll just do a la guardians rising and try to get all numbered cards. I've 6 booster boxes coming but imagine won't scratch the surface here - wonder will pull rates be down or up on guardians (which was awful for me lol)

But really nice set, card switches are interesting but really looking forward to the charizard box now, hopefully will still be a textured promo like SM37-39

I kind of hovered over the article wish I didn't read now would have been some nice surprises LOL

gumball51321

*thumbs up*
Okay, I've come to be certain about this:
VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail will get reprints

If you've noticed, just about every single secret rare item has been reprinted to be in the standard format, except for Rocky Helmet. Weakness Policy is potential evidence for this, as I made this theory months ago, and I think I made a comment for this in some forum, but if any of you have noticed this, I want to hear some thoughts.

jessalakasam

Floette is love Floette is life
Okay, I've come to be certain about this:
VS Seeker and Trainers' Mail will get reprints

If you've noticed, just about every single secret rare item has been reprinted to be in the standard format, except for Rocky Helmet. Weakness Policy is potential evidence for this, as I made this theory months ago, and I think I made a comment for this in some forum, but if any of you have noticed this, I want to hear some thoughts.
well, we're missing Dive Ball as well