Event August 2017 PTCGO Tournament Pairings

PMJ

Silhouette Gloom of the Sundown Lands
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
This thread will have the pairings for each round, as well as important notes for all players. All players are responsible for checking this thread at the start of every round; ignorance of the contents of this thread is not an excuse for not following any instructions found herein.

Do not post in this thread.

Read this entire post. It's important.

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Every month I get questions that could be answered by reading the news story. Since no one listens to me, I've compiled a tl;dr version in this post. You should still read the news story, since this FAQ does not aim to answer every question, but it should answer the more common ones. If you ask me a question that is found in the FAQ, I will get upset, and you won't like my

To ensure you are apprised of all relevant updates, please make sure to "Watch" this thread. You will (should) receive notifications every time a post is made. Alternatively, you can "Follow" me personally so you can be notified every time I post (I think that's how it works?).

That said, not receiving a notification is no excuse for not manually checking this thread at the start of every round.

1. When and where can I submit my list?
When: I accept submissions any time after the first round starts. If you submitted before the tournament started, re-submit. Where: in a new private message to me.
2. Is a private message the same thing as a conversation?
Yes.
3. Am I allowed to re-submit my list once I send it to you?
As long as you haven't done your match, yes. If you tell me you want to change your mind, I will ignore your submitted list and it will be as if you sent me nothing, so please don't forget to re-submit.
4. Am I allowed to switch card art (i.e. switching to a full art Professor Sycamore instead of a regular art)?
As they are functionally the same, this is allowed; however, it is my personal preference that you don't, just to avoid questions if you win and your deck appears on the front page and someone complains that they never saw you play any full art Sycamore. Again, you won't be penalized, but I'd rather you left your deck as is.
5. I sent you my deck, but you didn't approve it.
Give it time. As long as you have submitted before the end of the round, you will be approved with no penalty, even if I approve it after the round is over. That said, if you submit incorrectly, you will get a warning if the deadline has passed, so read the rest of this post to figure out how to submit properly so this does not happen. Please do not post on my wall or send me additional PMs saying that you sent me your list in. I know you sent it. I got your PM. Just be patient, please.
6. Where do I post results?
Do not submit your results privately. Post them in this thread, nowhere else. Posting results anywhere else will not count, so please pay attention where you're posting.
7. Do I still need to post in the thread if my opponent doesn't show up?
If your match is decided by me, you do not need to post the results.
8. How long do I need to be a premium member in order to be eligible for premium-level prizes?
Your subscription must be active for the duration of the entire tournament.

Got any suggestions for new questions? Drop me a line (don't post in this thread).

LINK TO BRACKET

http://challonge.com/AugustCup2017

Bookmark this link. Standings are updated in real time, so what you see is what is currently entered into the system. When you check, please make sure the standings are correct; let me know immediately if they are not.

PLAYER LIST

Here is the signup list for your convenience. Use it to speed things along. The name in parentheses next to a player's username is their PTCGO username. If there is no name following their username, their PTCGO username is the same as their PB username.

Please make sure your PTCGO username is correct. Your PTCGO username is the name you battle with, not what you sign in with. If this is the case, please PM me ASAP so I can fix it, and please PM your opponent so they can make the necessary changes as well.

Premium competitors:
  1. Ecourts
  2. Coolpilot
  3. MaybeitsMetagross (AriumRichlite)
  4. redandblack2 (red_and_black2)
  5. Trainerjaren (DarkWaterSplash)
  6. Jpkemperor
  7. Ecko9i6
  8. F4H_Jay (DariooJay)
  9. Pokemaster26 (Reedf51)
  10. Gengar master (Gengar-101)
  11. Serperior (EspeonROX)
  12. Jaypenny777
  13. Teenyvictini (Littlemeowth)
  14. tsefood
  15. ozzie347
  16. Tangelatwist (wondercards)
  17. Sjin (ShadySjin)
  18. Arneboy11
  19. Trixss
  20. Ilir Nikqi (ilirsophie)
  21. Tom Phillips (tmillz04)
  22. jbcheshire (macboy02)
  23. CESit (Xabalanque)
  24. killrnite
  25. Dooley Noted (DooleyNoted)
  26. bean1234875
  27. Nobodyshero2727
  28. Sean Timmons (TreiNization)
  29. John Creagh (Hicksboson)
  30. AustinD (MPAplaysPKMN)
  31. Hansel (rhodan818)
  32. MoFoTY86 (Twitchy05)
  33. GhostXEmpire
  34. Brandonismyfoe
  35. The1weave (The1Dutchy)
  36. Snibachi
  37. ProfessorPlatan (TeamPokiman)
  38. thelosh19
  39. akabryanhall

July overflow competitors:
  1. Jadethepokemontrainer (someweirdpokemo)
  2. ShinyZard (KantoTrainer989)
  3. Vivek (vivek8086)
  4. Moist Socks (reallywetwaffle)
  5. normanc (TheCrusader4)
  6. Gen Cario (GenCario18)
  7. Grey Matter (WhiteSkullCandy)

Competitors:

1. theprp30
  2. uncleyuri
  3. jessalakasam (Trainerdylan19)
  4. zoopidzut
  5. Mr. Mirek (mrmirek00)
  6. Neurowolf (Lucario4u2)
  7. TheAnticipationEevee (AbsolutelyEevee)
  8. Trainer Josh (rb26396)
  9. Courtney Gears (CourtneyGears)
  10. MewsGame (MajesticKarp)
  11. Rindon
  12. Adrian Matuszewski (Dziwaczny)
  13. Bournopolis (dlbourne90)
  14. DashKing
  15. InfinityFyre
  16. Matthew Blanco (Mblanco85)
  17. Kirby
  18. AuraJackle (AuraJackal)
  19. josie0001
  20. lukas2aces
  21. Jake_Silberman
  22. wojtek.b (wojtek86)
  23. Crizor (BandedCrizor)
  24. TheWolfhart
  25. Decaying Hero (Decaying_Hero)
  26. mt2013 (strig9)
  27. Michael Natto (Freshkicks)
  28. BrianFrobey
  29. VandalizeVolbeat (Troso)
  30. WaMike (Mikecase00)
  31. YahBoyJordan (XboxAhoy)
  32. ArkarasX (benman250s)
  33. Tyranitar92 (Carbon00)
  34. thereflex123456
  35. Haarry (DatBoiIs1337)
  36. Amir Peeri (amirpeeri)
  37. guy (tsukiomitachi)
  38. ginganinja9294
  39. Ocre307 (mrman46)
  40. Fireboy (FireboyX)
  41. TgHuy (allabouthelgs)
  42. welikewaffles
  43. sw_bionic
  44. kyel (randompeople604)
  45. Sam Anguiano (Onaiugna)
  46. Mora (UserName)
  47. fascinate84
  48. Mega Mewtwo (ItachiUchihaaaa)
  49. Shining Goodra (PolitoedNB)
  50. WhereDaPuff (Wackra)

TOURNAMENT TIMETABLE

Here are all the deadlines for every round. I will post each round's deadline in the main thread as well as in each individual round's post in the pairings thread. If you aren't sure when the round ends, check! It's right here!

Round 1: Tuesday 8/1/17 to Friday 8/4/17
Turn in your deck list to PMJ by: Friday 8/4/17
Round 2: Saturday 8/5/17 to Tuesday 8/8/17
Round 3: Wednesday 8/9/17 to Saturday 8/12/17
Round 4: Sunday 8/13/17 to Wednesday 8/16/17
Round 5: Thursday 8/17/17 to Thursday 8/24/17
Round 6: Friday 8/25/17 to Monday 8/28/17
Round 7: Tuesday 8/29/17 to Friday 9/1/17
Top 8: Saturday 9/2/17 to Monday 9/4/17*
Top 4: Within 3 days of Top 8 completing*
Finals: Within 3 days of Top 4 completing*

Note that round 5 has been extended to accommodate those traveling to and/or competing in Worlds later in August.

* Top 4 matches may be completed as soon as Top 8 results are reported. Finals may be completed as soon as Top 4 results are reported. All top cut matches must be completed within three days of the previous round’s completion.

You can submit your list to me any time before the deadline. You do not have to do your match first. If the deadline approaches and you and your opponent still haven't fought yet, I would suggest sending me your list so you can get it approved. If I don't approve your list by the deadline, it's okay as long as I receive it before the deadline. Outlined below is the very simple way that I accept lists. It's not hard, so the only way you can muck it up is if you haven't read this post. :)

TOURNAMENT CHANGES FOR AUGUST

- An FAQ has been added to the first round pairings post (this post). Please read it, especially if you are new, as it has many common questions I've received in the past.

HOW TO PROPERLY SUBMIT YOUR DECK LIST

Have PTCGO copy your deck list to the clipboard, paste it in a new conversation to me (even if you competed last month), and hit send.

This is the only way I will accept your deck list, so pay attention. Here's a pretty old image that I should probably update soon to help you out if you don't know what I'm talking about:

glAHfop.png

In the deck manager, pressing the button highlighted in the picture will copy your deck list to the clipboard. The program will even tell you it's done.

Now, in the conversation to me, right click and Paste, or hit CTRL + V to paste the contents. Make sure PTCGO approves of your list before you send it - if it's legal for them, that's a good sign.

If your client is not in English, do not translate your card names. Let me worry about that. Just copy it to the clipboard, paste, and hit send. Easy.

QH4uTqT.png

Above is the image that contains the pairings for round one. All names on this image are PokeBeach usernames; look for your PokeBeach username on this image and contact your opponent immediately. Tell them exactly when you can play; this saves both of you time and makes you look good in case I need to hand down an activity ruling.

Round 1 ends Friday, August 4, at 11:59 PM EDT. You have until that time to send me your list and get it approved. Do not assume that just because you sent it means it was approved. Be sure to get confirmation before you relax.

Don't forget you all promised to make 3 posts! We love to see people contributing to our community and doing their part to help it grow. Three posts is easily doable. Please do it. Or else.

Do not post match results in this thread. They won't count. Post them in the main thread only. They will count there.

Everyone: Stop posting on my wall that you sent me your list. I know you sent your list. You see? No one listens.

It is time for round 2. Thank you to the overwhelming majority of you who followed all the rules and did things as outlined in the news story and pairings thread. Some of you stumbled a bit, but you still got it in the end, and that's what matters. It's important to pay attention and not just scroll down to the signups because then you miss important details, like the proper way to submit a list to me that is literally bolded and underlined in giant red text. Again in this tournament and in a few past ones I've gotten people who failed to submit their lists to me because they thought this was a single-elimination tournament and they no longer needed to submit their list because they lost their first match and were now out of the tournament. Just another example of not paying attention.

I can't stress it enough. I've denied more people's lists this month than every past tournament I've run combined. That's ridiculous. I don't know what the deal is, but you guys need to get your act together and start paying attention if you want to compete in this tournament.

The first round has ended. Regrettably, some of you failed to submit your list and had to get your wins reversed. Others did, but didn't get it approved, and others still simply failed to send it at all. But worry not; though you've all received a warning, you can save your tournament life by submitting it properly before the end of this round.

I need lists from these fine folks:

@Gen Cario
@Matthew Blanco
@Tyranitar92
@guy
@Fireboy
@sw_bionic
@kyel
@Sam Anguiano
@fascinate84
@Mega Mewtwo

If you are on this list in error (I have approved your list), PM me in the same conversation you sent me your list. Your warning will be rescinded and you will have my apologies.

Round 2 ends Tuesday, August 8, at 11:59 PM EDT. If you're not on this list, you have a bye.

epJwe6r.png

Do not post in this thread.

Friendly reminder that there is no excuse for not knowing when the round ends or begins. It's in this thread, it's in the news story, and I post it in the main thread at the start of every single round. :)

88aI9wi.png

Round 3 ends Saturday, August 12, at 11:59 PM EDT.

Halfway point. Got your three posts in yet?

From this point forward, you are responsible for reporting a win over a dropped opponent. What this means is, you are still responsible for contacting them and trying to schedule a match as normal. If they don't respond (because they've dropped), then you are responsible for adding me to the conversation as you normally would. Once you do, I will inform you that they have dropped and you will get the win for the round. If they do message you, then you are to post your 'win' in the main thread (and definitely not this one or anywhere else).

Otherwise, if I don't hear anything from you I'm gonna assume you forgot about the tournament and hand you a loss for the round.

This has always been the case; I'm just putting it in writing now. (It will be added to the OP for September). If you have any questions (or you want to drop), let me know.

Round 4 ends Wednesday, August 16, at 11:59 PM EDT.

TsO84kW.png

This is round 5. It is a week long to cater to those traveling to Worlds. Safe travels to anyone attending and good luck to anyone competing (is anyone competing?).

If you wanna drop, let me know. Round 5 ends Thursday, August 24, at 11:59 PM EDT.

CjLEJUv.png

Welcome to round six. Don't forget that you can still be dropped and banned if you get your second warning at any time during these last two rounds.

Do you have your three posts in yet? If you plan on participating in September's tournament, I suggest getting them in before the last minute.

Round 6 ends Monday, August 28, at 11:59 PM EDT.

NVvi4EM.png

This is the last round of Swiss. For most of you, your tournament lives end after this round.

Do not forget to report results for this round. You can still be dropped and banned if you get your second warning in round seven.

Signups for September's tournament should be going up tomorrow, or Thursday at the very latest. Tell your friends!

Round 7 ends Friday, September 1, at 11:59 PM EDT.

0XWKm22.png

Back