Ruling Audino BCR

Auride

Periodic Visitor
Are you allowed to use Audino's Busybody ability to no effect?

Specifically, can you play it from your hand using Busybody even if your active Pokemon has no damage and no special conditions on it?

126-audino.jpg

Thank you.

ScizorChris

Cardboard Crusader
I play Flareon myself and used the card quite a bit ^-^ You may play it only when one of the two conditions are met, you cannot create a play that does nothing *i belive its called a null-play*

Auride

Periodic Visitor
ScizorChris said:
I play Flareon myself and used the card quite a bit ^-^ You may play it only when one of the two conditions are met, you cannot create a play that does nothing *i belive its called a null-play*

The reason I was unsure was primarily due to the fact that Audino's Busybody seems like a combination of an ability and playing down a card. While you cannot play a card to no effect (e.g. you cannot play a Professor Sycamore with no cards in your deck, even if you have cards in your hand to discard) you can use an ability to no effect (e.g. you can use Empoleon DEX's Diving Draw even if you have no card in your deck).

CarlosDuranJr

Carlitosbob
Think of it like trying to use diving draw with no cards in your hand. Can you discard? No. If you can't discard, you can't draw. Much like if you can't heal damage or remove a special condition, you can't discard audino.