Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Complete! FE7 Next?

Chapter 1: The time to seek revenge has come!

Prince Green and his loyal knights made it safely to Talys via boat. It was a small and remote country, and the King was willing to help Green out by giving him a little fortress to live in while he plotted his revenge, safe from the war that ravaged the main continent. Green was also introduced to the King's daughter, Princess Palutena, and the two became friends. And so the years passed by...

<Palutena> *flies in* Green! Green!
<Green> Hey, Pally, 'sup?
<Palutena> Quick, you have to help! Pirates have swarmed the coast and are attacking the castle!
<Green> Ohshi- Men, to arms!​

Green's knights, apparently ready for battle at all times, quickly rushed out of the fortress ready to fight and defend against the rampaging pirates. Princess Palutena also joined in to help, her pegasus mount giving her extra mobility. They had already burned and pillaged one of the southern towns, but Green made his way east to warn another village of the upcoming attack and was rewarded with a bunch of gold to fund his army.

<Green> Oooooh, sweet. Thanks! <3​

Green gave the money to Jagen who went to the nearby armory to purchase... a Javelin. Not much else useful there for now, especially since people were still using the weapons of their fallen comrades. >_>

The pirates began to close in, working their way steadily east, but Green, Jagen, Cain, and Palutena formed a choke point across a narrow section of the island. Once the initial rush was handled, Green's army began to slowly creep forward, picking off individual pirates as they showed themselves. Eventually, they crossed over another fort and the castle was in sight! In her excitement, Norne ran forward and put herself in danger, getting almost immediately cut down by axes.

<Norne> Heh.... ooops... x_x;​

Funnily enough, just after Norne's death, Marth stumbled across a healer name Wrys who was willing to join their party to help keep their health up. He came too late to help Norne, but was happy to heal the rest of the party up nicely. They cleaned up the remaining pirates and then moved in on the boss who was sitting at the gate of Talys Castle. Marth, TGK, and Palutena worked together to take him down, freeing the castle.

<TalysKing> Oh, Prince Marth, thank you so much for saving our castle! <3
<Green> No problem, man, hardly even broke a sweat.
<TalysKing> It seems like you are strong enough now to begin the task of liberating your home and seeking your revenge.
<Green> Woohoo! \o/ So, uh, where do I start?
<TalysKing> Well, I can provide a few soldiers towards your cause, I suppose. Your first task should be to get to head over to Aurelis and see if you can find some more allies there.
<Green> Oh, yeah, sure, great plan. So, uh... where's Aurelis again? >_>
<TalysKing> Yeah, the maps in this game are kind of confusing because you only see them piecemeal. Aurelis is west of here and north of Archanea.
<Green> Okay, got it. So, you said something about providing me with some more cannon fodd-- I mean, soldiers.
<TalysKing> Oh, yes, yes. Cap'n Tails would be happy to join you, I believe. He's a Mercenary, but a damn good swordsmen. I think he has some other underlings that will tag along too, probably.
<Green> Sweet!
<TalysKing> Of course, I'm pretty sure you'll be able to find more allies as you go. There are quite a lot of people who are pissed off at Dolhr, after all, and they'd likely be willing to fight with you for their own revenge.
<Green> I think I can certainly take advantage of that...​

Current Team:

Green: Lv. 8 Lord
TGK: Lv. 4 Archer
Palutena: Lv. 4 Pegasus Knight

Waiting for the Pyre:
Jagen: Lv. 1 Paladin
Cain: Lv. 1 Cavalier
Draug: Lv. 1 Knight
Wrys: Lv. 1 Curate

Decisions:

Nothing for now, sorry. Reclassing becomes available starting at Chapter 4, so we've got 3 more chapters left until we can start with that. In the meantime, I guess you might want to think about who you'll want to be reclassing and into what. By then we'll have Green, TGK, Palutena, Tails, Celever, and SilverSilent on our team.

Player Notes:

Pretty simple and short chapter, but now that we're on to proper chapters, I only want to do one chapter at a time otherwise the playthrough will just be over super quickly.

Palutena joins us without much fanfare. Like Green's Rapier, she has a unique weapon that only she can use, the Wing Spear, a lance that is super-effective against armored units and cavalry. She's pretty poor in the strength department for now, but we fed her a few levels to start pumping her up. She got the majority of the kills this level, with TGK providing chip damage and getting himself another level in the process. I'm keeping Jagen unequipped to tank damage. I was actually thinking of killing off both Cain and Norne this level, but I guess Cain can wait a bit since his Mov is useful.

I will have to start killing people off quite a bit faster soon. We start getting a LOT of units the next few chapters (we get 6 new people next chapter alone!), and we need to make sure we have 15 live units max by the time C6 ends to unlock the first Gaiden chapter. At least we have the Convoy now so I don't have to worry about losing weapons to lost units.

Thanks for reading, hope you enjoyed the chapter. :3

Yeah definitely! It was pleasurable to read! :)
For Paralogue 3&4 I found it funny that Green's dad died, but immediately after mentioning some EXP are on the line, he went and forgot everything about it... xP

XD What difficulty are you playing on Athena? I totally forgot to ask that. Also, I love how Green thinks he's totally ready to charge in and take over the world. Also, woo Caeda has entered the fray! Her Wing Spear is amazing late game if you save it. She's always a solid character to have on your team.

Who needs to save Wing Spears when you can buy them? :D You get up to 5 throughout the whole course of the game, and Caeda's the only one who can use them, so you may as well put them to use.

And for the record, I'm playing on Normal. I wanted to make sure I could still pass through all the chapters fairly easily even if you all voted me in for a really crappy team with bad reclasses. :p

And for the record, I'm playing on Normal. I wanted to make sure I could still pass through all the chapters fairly easily even if you all voted me in for a really crappy team with bad reclasses. :p

Did we succeed in creating a bad team? :p

Chapter 2: 4 deaths and we still manage to gain units

Prince Green and his army, along with new recruit Tails, hopped on a ship and headed to the coast of the mainland where they docked at the Galder Harbor. During the voyage, he learned from Palutena and Tails about how the town had recently come under the control of a notorious band of pirates.

<Green> Pirates, eh? They weren't so tough to kill.
<Palutena> Well, we're riding into their home base, so I expect a bit of a tougher fight this time around.
<Tails> Just to be safe, I'm also bringing 3 of my men to help you out, Bord, Cord, and Barst. They're boring, but they might be a bit useful before they bite the dust.
<Green> Anything else I need to know about?
<Tails> Well, looks like the battlefield also has a few cavaliers from Grust who will probably be trying to kill you even harder than the pirates.
<Green> Grust... Grust... what's that again?
<BV> Grust is a small country to the southwest of Altea, sire. They're allied with Dolhr.
<Green> Oh, yes, right. Well, I shall begin my revenge by killing them as well as the pirates. Men (and Lady), attack!​

And so as soon as the ship pulled up to army, Green and his army prepared for battle.

<Palutena> Ooooh, Tailsy, come here a moment.
<Tails> Yes, Princess?
<Palutena> Look, I know daddy mostly sent you here to take care of me...
<Tails> Yes, that's true.
<Palutena> But I'm a Princess, so you have to listen to me and follow my orders.
<Tails> ... I suppose that's also true.
<Palutena> I want your main mission to be to protect Green instead of me.
<Tails> What?! Why?
<Palutena> Because I care for him a lot and he's important. Also, he's so... dreamy...
<Tails> Uh, sure, alright then. I'm just going to go over here and stab some dudes now...
<Palutena> Thank you Tailsy! <3​

Tails and Palutena took the northern flank while the rest of Green's army headed south. Except for Marth, of course, who was too busy paying attention to a smaller group of pirates to the far north. One of them even came over to talk.

<Darros> Hey, uh, are you Prince Green?
<Green> That I am! What can I do for you, my fine pirate? Would you perhaps like a stabbing? Swords beat axes, you know.
<Darros> Yeah, I know. That's why I'm talking, so please hold back on the stabs for now, please.
<Green> Well... alright. Have your say, man.
<Darros> Look, I know us pirates don't stand a fart's chance in the wind against you, and I don't really like being a pirate anyway, so, uh, why don't you let me join your team?
<Green> Join us? Really? What do you provide? We already have 3 faceless axe men that will probably die this chapter.
<Darros> Well... either I join you and maybe die a later chapter or I don't join you and instead die now. I'd prefer to live a bit longer, if that's alright with you.
<Green> Fine, fine, you can join us. Just try not to get too much blood on my clothes when you finally kick the bucket, okay?
<Darros> Yessir! *salutes*​

Pirate recruit obtained, the army began its slow press west and towards the main fort of the docks. Pirates, thieves, and Grustian cavaliers alike came to attack, but all were fought off and the army pressed on. Eventually a group of Hunters came near and Palutena thought one of them looked a bit more pitiful than the others, so she swooped in to have a chat.

<Palutena> Hey Castor, I thought I recognized your pathetic ass. What the hell are you doing fighting with these pirates?
<Castor> Well, you see, me mum is sick and all. I need to get money to pay for her medicine somehow, and the pirates pay pretty well...
<Palutena> You also can't pay for any medicine while you're dead, and Prince Green's army is about to rout the entire pirate company, so you might want to change over to a blue uniform if you know what's good for you.
<Castor> *gulp* Uh, yes m'lady! I'd be happy to fight for, uh... who did you say is the commander again?
<Palutena> Prince Green of Altea, the guy with the blue hair and tiara.
<Castor> Oh, yes, right, happy to fight for his cause! I'll just go hide in the rearguard now...​

As one new recruit was hired, another was slain as Darros met his end on the blade of an axe, bravely defending the vanguard.

<Darros> Arrr.... so this be the end.... x_x;​

Green made his way up to a village where he learned about the plight of a local Cleric named Celever. She had apparently been kidnapped by some ruffians and they gave Green a pile of money to go save her. Green pocketed the money as war funds, though he didn't really plan on finding and saving some chick cleric unless they just happened to run across her.

Eventually the army reached the eastern fort. It was defended by the pirates leader, a ferocious man named Gomer. Fearless and slow Draug and 2 of Tails's boring fighters both perished trying to take him down.

<Draug> Take care, sire, Altea... needs you... x_x;
<Bord> Cap'n... Tails... x_x;
<Cord> Hey, I was going to say goodbye to Cap'n Tails in my head quote, too... x_x;​

It ended up taking Green, Palutena, Barst, TGK, and Tails all working together to take him down. Finally, he was dead, and Green took control of the fort.

<Villagers> Yay, thank you Prince Green! \o/
<Green> Happy to help, my good people! It was good experience, and we got some loot as well.
<Villager1> We heard from one of yer fellas that you're headed to Aurelis.
<Green> Who told you that. >:|
<BV> *whistles innocently*
<Villager2> In order to get there, you'll have to cross over the mountains, and there's some pretty tough bandits hanging out in those parts. Call themselves the Soothsires.
<Green> That's an... odd name for a group of bandits. Any information you can give us on them?
<Villager2> Well, like I said, they're tough. They've even got this Merc named Silver the Silent that fights for him.
<Green> Silver the Silent?
<Villager2> Yep, they call him The Silent because he's so fast with a blade you never hear him coming.
<Villager1> Also, he's kind of a loner and doesn't really talk much.
<Villager2> Anyway, you want to be careful up there that they don't ambush you or nothing.
<Green> Oh, no worries my good peasants. We'll take care of these stupid bandits... for good. >:3 Army, follow me! *flees*
<Villager2> Heh, I told you that I could convince 'em to take out that bandit problem for us, didn't I?
<Villager1> I'm just surprised they took your bait about following the mountain pass instead of seeing the obvious road sign that says "Aurelis This Way - Pleasant Meadow Trail."
<Villager2> Oh, I had Villager3 stand in front of it just to be safe. Regardless, I won the bet, so you owe me 5G.
<Villager1> *grumbles and pays up*​

Current Team:

TGK: Lv. 5 Archer
Palutena: Lv. 6 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 5 Mercenary

Waiting for the Pyre:
Wrys: Lv. 1 Curate
Barst: Lv. 3 Fighter
Castor: Lv. 3 Hunter

Decisions:

Nothing for now, sorry. Reclassing becomes available starting at Chapter 4, so we've got 3 more chapters left until we can start with that. In the meantime, I guess you might want to think about who you'll want to be reclassing and into what. By then we'll have Green, TGK, Palutena, Tails, Celever, and SilverSilent on our team.

Player Notes:

Now we're starting to really get somewhere. :3 Whereby "somewhere" I mean the mainland continent and following Green's quest for revenge. I've taken a few embellishments with the story, recruits, and other convos, in case it wasn't obvious. :p

We get a lot of new recruits this chapter, with Tails being the only one we're keeping. He comes ready to fight right out of the box at Lv. 4 and with decent bases. Thankfully, he doesn't require much babying or kill feeding, so he was useful immediately. We also got some use out of his 3 soldiers, mostly just holding choke points and providing chip damage.

We also had a lot of death this chapter, but it took some trying. Darros starting slowly committing suicide as soon as we brought him on, his HP getting chipped away until the bridge where he made his final stand. However... I guess I'm just not used to killing guys off. I had planned for a lot more death this chapter and then suddenly I'm at the boss and only Darros is dead. So I kind of force-killed Bord, Cord, and Draug by letting them sit and take damage. That still leaves us with a lot of extra units, but it'll be good enough for now.

Next chapter we'll get both Celever and SilverSilent. Celever will be replacing Wrys, so he can kick the bucket. This will also give us a decently good team just with the units we'll be actually using, so I'll probably start killing off a few more, too. Jagen may be one of the last to go just because of how durable he is for this point in the game.

Anyway, hope you enjoy. :3

Last edited:
Did we succeed in creating a bad team? :p

Actually, no, the team is pretty good. We've got a nice balance of strengths and weaknesses, melee classes and magic classes. Of course, reclassing will mess with that if we put people into bad classes, but the reclass mechanic purposefully stops you from dumping everyone into the same class, so that helps me about getting too royally screwed.

Chapter 3: Because every FE game needs a chapter about killing bandits

Prince Green and has army bravely advanced across the Samsooth Mountains, a particularly pointy and nasty mountain range that has been perpetually filled with bandits since time immemorial. The Soothsires were the current masters and maintained an extensive fort towards the middle of the pass where they would be able to harass potential travelers.

<Julian> *runs out of the fort dragging a female Cleric behind him* Come on Celever, we gotta shake our butts and get out of here fast.
<Celever> I'm... *huff* running as... *puff* fast as I... *sigh* can...
<Julian> Man, you Clerics really don't get out much, do you.
<Celever> Nope.
<Julian> I heard a rumour that Prince Green was headed this way. If we hook up with him, hopefully he'll get your to safety.
<Celever> He'll also probably draft me to work for healing his army.
<Julian> At least that's better than healing a bunch of bandits.
<Celever> True. It seems bandits are always so ugly whereas the main characters of this game are kind of hot. I'll take it.
<Julian> Look, there they are!​

Sure enough, Green and his men (and lady) had just crested the hill and were moving towards the first of the Soothsires' fortresses, weapons out and ready for blood.

<Green> Halt, brigands, or I'll slay you where you stand!
<Julian> No, wait, please, I'm not a brigand!
<Green> You're not?
<Julian> Of course not! Don't you see this weird hooded cloak thing and sword? I'm a thief!
<Green> Oh, yes, your right. *ahem* Halt, thief, or I'll slay you where you stand!
<Julian> facepalm.jpg
<Green> >_>?
<Julian> Look, I've defected and I'm on your side, okay? I even already changed over into blue clothes.
<Green> Oh, okay, cool. Seems a bit premature, I guess, but welcome aboard!
<Celever> I'd also like to join up with you, if I may, sire.
<Green> Ooooh, female cleric. Sure. Grab a Heal staff from Wrys and help take care of the wounded. Looks like the first of the actual bandits are coming now.​

Sure enough, a group of Soothsires was pouring down from the eastern fortress. It wasn't certain if they were aiming for Green or for the thief and cleric that defected from them, but either way they were howling for blood, and Green was happy to oblige. Palutena happened to spot a swordsman among them that happened to fit the description of Silver the Silent, so she decided to swoop in for a chat.

<Palutena> Oooh, Silver, is that you, cutey?
<Silver> ... ... ...
<Palutena> You looks like such a handsome and talented guy to be working with these brigands.
<Silver> *rolls eyes*
<Palutena> Seriously, you'd be much better off fighting with our army. Pretty please? With sugar on top?
<Silver> :|
<Palutena> Otherwise, you may as well take that sword of yours and strike me down right now...
<Silver> I've always sworn to never raise my sword against a woman. *sigh* Fine, I'm yours.
<Palutena> Thanks, sweetie! <3​

Together with Silver on their side, the army wiped up the rest of the bandits at the eastern fort, then swooped down and around to go after the main base. Green picked up a cursed axe from a local village, but no one there could answers his questions as to why there was a bloody village right between two bandit fortresses. As they made their way forward, more brigands began to appear, and one of them, an archer, happened to shoot poor Castor dead.

<Castor> Mother... I'm sorry... x_x;​

They had almost reached the last line of defenses when a particularly snarky fighter took down Wrys with a single chop of his axe.

<Wrys> Alas, I think this is beyond healing... x_x;
<Green> You asshole, he's a curate! That's a blood war crime!
<Brigand> We're brigands; d'ya really expect us to play by fair rules?​

Angered, Marth quickly rushed the rest of the bandits, and soon all of them, including their leader, were dead. They stormed the fort afterward, swiping the bandit's gold stores (15kG, woohoo! \o/) and then spending the night there before continuing on to Aurelis.

Current Team:

TGK: Lv. 5 Archer
Palutena: Lv. 6 Pegasus Knight
Tails: Lv. 5 Mercenary
Celever: Lv. 5 Cleric
Silver: Lv. 6 Myrmidon

Waiting for the Pyre:
Barst: Lv. 3 Fighter
Julian: Lv. 3 Thief

Decisions:

Reclassing!

Starting from next chapter on, we will be reclassing one character each chapter to a new class. Reclass details are available in the spoiler below:

TGK: Archer (Bow C)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Def)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Def)
Cavalier - Sword E, Lance E (Gain Spd/Def, Lose Skl)

Palutena: Pegasus Knight (Lance D)

Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Mag/Skl/Spd/Res)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Skl/Spd, Lose Str/Mag/Def/Res, Cap Spd)
Cleric - Staff E (Gain Res, Lose Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def)

Tails: Mercenary (Sword C)
Fighter - Axe E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Def)
Hunter - Bow E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Def)
Pirate - Axe E (Gain Str, Lose Skl/Spd/Def)
Knight - Lance E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

Lena: Cleric (Staff C)
Pegasus Knight - Lance E (Gain Str/Mag/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Res)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)
Myrmidon - Sword E (Gain Str/Skl/Spd/Def, Lose Mag/Res)

Silver: Myrmidon (Sword C)
Curate - Staff E (Gain Mag/Res, Lose Str/Skl/Spd/Def)
Cavalier - Sword C, Lance E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)
Archer - Bow E (Gain Str/Def, Lose Skl/Spd)

If you would like more info for any reclass (such as hard stat numbers), feel free to ask!

Please vote for one character to reclass and which class you would like them to change to! The option with the most votes will win and be reclassed before the fighting next chapter begins. In the event of a tie or otherwise unclear winner, priority will be given to the character with the most total votes, followed by class votes, likes, and GM preference.

Please ask if you have any questions!

Forging!

We can now forge one weapon per chapter as well. Forging a weapons gives it better attacking power, and also you can give the weapon a customized name! If you have any suggestions for names or weapons to forge, you're welcome to suggest them. Unlike Reclassing, votes/suggestions for Forging will not automatically be taken, since priority will be given to those characters that need a boost (such as low Str or recently reclassed units), but your thoughts and ideas will certainly be taken into account, especially for naming purposes.

Player Notes:

Yes, the obligatory brigand chapter is here. It was fairly easy, especially with the large amount of sword users we've got. You'd almost think they planned this or something.

Anyway, we got 2 new permanent additions to our team today. Everyone say a big hello to Celever and Silver. Myrms are fairly lightweight characters; their low strength and defensive are counterbalanced by their high skill and speed, so they can double attack very easily and also dodge attacks. Silver came in at a bit of a low level, so he got the majority of today's EXP. Clerics are Clerics; very useful, but not particularly interesting. I'll be feeding Celever as much EXP as she can possibly get by healing at every opportunity; she already gained a couple levels this way, though they were unfortunately pretty crappy levels.

2 more units bit the dust today. RIP Castor and Wrys. Wrys valiantly handed off his Heal staff to Celever before he died. I definitely wanted to make sure we had another healer on board before I let him croak. They're just too useful.

We'll be hanging onto Julian for a bit, at least until Green gets the Fire Emblem and can start opening chests. Otherwise, the mass murder will commence again next chapter.

Also, we've officially killed off enough units that the game is giving us replacements. Replacements are faceless, crappy units that the game automatically gives you to boost up your roster if you've killed off a lot of characters. We gained 4, and 2 of them were magic users (Mage and Dark Mage), which is why we can't reclass any of our current units to Mages (class type cap). For any and all replacements, I will not be mentioning them or their generated names in any lists or anything, simply stealing the weapons they come with and automatically killing them next chapter. It's free gold if nothing else. :U

Now that reclassing is on board, do please feel free to make suggestions for those. If you have any questions or want more info, please ask. I'd also be happy to offer suggestions and help in picking reclasses, but I think you guys will do a good enough job without me butting in. :p

Anyway, hope you enjoyed the chapter. :3 Now go have fun and start suggesting things~

PS: For the record, for anyone who hasn't followed along with one of my playthroughs before, I usually update every day... except for over the weekends. So don't expect a new chapter until Monday.

Tails can go Hunter.

Someday, my dream of Horseman Emblem will be a reality.

Such a good chapter.. You totally nailed my character to the tee Athena. 10/10

Also if anything I'd say reclass Tails to a Hunter at least for now. You're not really losing to much in terms of maneuverability.

Last edited:
Tails should be a swashbuckling Pirate! Imagine the fun Athena would have in writing in pirate-talk? And, no, I don't care if that would screw Athena's team. D:

Tails should be a swashbuckling Pirate! Imagine the fun Athena would have in writing in pirate-talk? And, no, I don't care if that would screw Athena's team. D:

Y'ar, this landlubber makes an awful lot of sense.

And honestly; I really don't care what class I end up as. So, you have a lot of flexibility when it comes to that.

How did SilverSilent and Palutena manage to pass me?

Right now, you're slow (as in, you have a low Spd stat) and slow (in terms of movement; you move the least squares per round for everyone except Celever who's just healing) and lacking in Str too, so it's kind of difficult to have you kill things that aren't handed to you on a platter. You get as much EXP as I can shove at you, it's just not much.

Right now, you're slow (as in, you have a low Spd stat) and slow (in terms of movement; you move the least squares per round for everyone except Celever who's just healing) and lacking in Str too, so it's kind of difficult to have you kill things that aren't handed to you on a platter. You get as much EXP as I can shove at you, it's just not much.
I figured as much, it's just kind of funny to me that I'm the first unit Green recruited and I'm either tied or behind everyone that came after me.

Welcome to being one of the crappiest classes in the game! \o/ Of course, you can always vote to reclass yourself and maybe do better.

Welcome to being one of the crappiest classes in the game! \o/ Of course, you can always vote to reclass yourself and maybe do better.
I really only picked Gordin because he looked cute, but I'll take Palutena's advice and become a cavalier.

I figured as much, it's just kind of funny to me that I'm the first unit Green recruited and I'm either tied or behind everyone that came after me.

Hunters are usually the class that deals the most physical ranged damage in the game, next to possibly Javelins/Lance users only because compared to Hatchets/Hand Axes, they usually have higher critical chances and chances for double hits due to high skill users. Plus, axe wielders have horrendous accuracy

Back