Writing Athena Plays Fire Emblem: Binding Blade - Next Playthrough Starting Soon!

Chapter 18: Wow, Ilia is boring

With one traitor down and one traitor to go, Lord Green and the Etrurian army pushed deeper east into Ilia. It was cold and full of trees and soldiers from Bern. We had a few minor clashes as we progressed, but nothing to write home about. Mostly just marching and camping in trees and then more marching again.

<Green> So, uh, Princess Mora... I wanted to ask you something...
<Mora> Yes Lord Green?
<Green> I heard some pretty disturbing rumours about your brother... that he might have... you know... *mumbles* killed his dad or something.
<Mora> !!
<Green> I know you want to end this war peacefully if possible, and so do I, but, these rumours... could you tell me the truth about them, if you know?
<Mora> I... I'm sorry, Lord Green. Please give me some time to compose my thoughts.
<Green> Alright...​

Meanwhile, further east in a castle surrounded by trees and rivers...

<Soldier> Oh, hey, we brought that Professor Palutena chick you asked for, sir.
<BishopBoss2> Excellent... Bring her to me... >:3
<Palutena> 'Sup?
<BishopBoss2> We found this old tome in this castle and thought you might be able to use it for us.
<Palutena> I'm pretty good at magic and crap, so probably. Can I see it?
<BishopBoss2> Sure, here it is. *hands over* It's supposed to be able to alter weather conditions. I want you to use it to make a heavy rain that will flood the rivers and halt the Etrurian Army's progression.
<Palutena> *flips through the tome, looking at a few pages here and there* Well, I'll give it a go, for sure, but I can't guarantee that it will work exactly the way you want to, after all, it's pretty cold for rain, and I'll only be able to use it once... You sure you want to go through with this?
<BishopBoss2> Yes, of course!
<Palutena> *sigh*​

Eventually the Etrurian Army progressed to the point where there were enough enemies and a boss nearby that we actually formally moved into COMBAT MODE. Spying some villages around, Green sent Skyleaf and Icarus to fly off and score some loot while the rest of the army slowly trudged through the forest, killing enemies as we went. It was a slow progression, and not very exciting.

Meanwhile, back in the castle again...

<BishopBoss2> Alright... alright... excellent. They're close enough now. Professor, fire that tome!
<Palutena> And you're not at all concerned about my warnings that this probably isn't going to work the exact way you want it to?
<BishopBoss2> Just do what I tell you, alright? I want you to use that spell. NOW. >_<
<Palutena> Alright... here goes nothing... *spell*
<BishopBoss2> Wait, what? The rivers are freezing over? That's not what I told you to do at all!
<Palutena> Well, I did tell you that I couldn't predict exactly what the spell would do. It's probably too &*$%ing cold up here for rain.
<BishopBoss2> Argh, this is so awful! YOU are so awful. >_< Soldiers! Lock this old hag in the dungeons.
<Palutena> *sigh*​

With the river frozen over, we were able to make even faster progress towards the castle. While Celever, TGK, and Silver held off the reinforcements, Vom powered to the boss and crit-killed him in a single round. After that, it was just waiting for Green to make it to the gate to cap and the castle was ours. We'd already killed all the enemies, but we did find someone interesting in the dungeons...

<Palutena> Hey, thanks for letting me out of there.
<Green> You're welcome, but, uh, who are you and why were you locked in here? o_o;
<Palutena> My name is Palutena. I'm a hermit that lives in the mountains and studies magic, so the locals dubbed me a Professor of sorts. As for why I'm here... well, mostly because I couldn't cast a spell like that boss guy wanted me to.
<Green> So, wait, if you were casting a spell for that guy... does that mean you're working for Bern?
<Palutena> Oh, don't you be ordering me back into that cell again. Yes, I was helping out Bern's army, but that was just a ruse. I wanted to get close to them so I could check out their dragons is all. I could sense them, you know, in their army. They give off this evil stench. Phew! I did some studying about them on my own, of course, but I wanted to see them and investigate them up close.
<Green> Is there anything interesting you can tell us?
<Palutena> Well, I'm pretty sure that Bern has resurrected the demon dragon.
<Everyone> :O!
<Palutena> It's the only explanation I can think of as to why Bern has so many of things because they normally reproduce hella slow. But the demon dragon can pop out more dragons create more dragon as simple as baking a pie.
<Green> I guess that makes sense.
<Palutena> Say, since you're kicking Bern's asses and all, mind if I join up with you? Seems like that's my best bet for learning more about these dragons, and I like you guys better than them. I can be a big help, too.
<Green> Sure! You'd be welcome aboard.​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 20 Lord
DNA - Lv. 5 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 8 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 5 Sage
Vom - Lv. 7 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 11 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 8 Sage
Brave - Lv. 6 Berserker
Skyleaf - Lv. 9 Wyvern Lord
Silver - Lv. 5 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 5 Wyvern Lord

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 1 Manakete

Player Notes

Kind of a boring chapter, really. The super dense trees make progression painfully slow for everyone but Skyleaf and Icarus. I sent them flying about to visit the villages and Icarus scored quite a few kills to get him back up to speed with everyone else. Despite some poor accuracy luck, he's doing fairly nicely.

Today we finally meet our final party member, Palutena, but we don't actually get her until next chapter. As such, I'll be doing another unit recap tomorrow after I can see her stats and get some use out of her to compare her to the others. From what I remember, though, she's hella useful for a prepromote.

I would probably write more but my stomach hurts and my head hurts and I have errands to run. So, uh, enjoy the chapter! See you tomorrow. <3

Chapter 19: Ilia is still boring even if you can't see it

<Green> Well, I guess it's time to progress deeper into Ilia. What's up ahead?
<Athena> Well, I checked the map, and it looks like it's going to be more trees and snow, followed by a fewe more trees, and then some more snow. And then the real snow will begin.
<TGK> Even more snow? Really? I'm already cold as can be in nothing but these stupid Sage robes.
<Skyleaf> You think that's bad? Try flying around up where the winds are stronger in metal armour. >_<
<DNA> Ah, come on guys, no need for complaining. It's just a bit of weather.
<Brave> *shrugs* I don't mind it.
<Silver> At least you're used to colder temperatures... I'm from the desert. x_x;
<Jabber> Well, it, uh, builds character?
<Palutena> *cackles* If you guys are complaining already, I can't wait to see how you'll feel in a few days' time. Winter's just started, after all. Each day from here on out is just going to get colder, windier, and snowier.
<Celever> Perhaps we out to wait to press the attack until the weather is on the mend...
<Green> No can do. We've got to clean up this mess in Ilia ASAP so we can move onto Bern.
<Palutena> You're certainly correct on that one. We can't let that demon dragon run rampant much longer.
<Green> Hmm... I was wondering... do you think the demon dragon is in a human form, like SM is usually?
<Palutena> Probably. All dragons began to take human form after the Ending Winter.
<Green> Oh, yeah, I remember reading about that in my history lessons.
<Vom> For those of us who don't have the benefit of a royal education, mind filling us in?
<Palutena> The Ending Winter took place towards the end of the Scouring. It was a horrible disaster. The very nature of the world was warped and twisted, with warm summer days plunged into freezing cold darkness. No one really knows what caused it, but popular theory is that it was because of the huge amounts of magical energy released by the dragons as they fought their battles. Whatever the cause, though, the fact that dragons started taking human form right afterwards can't be mere coincidence...
<Icarus> This is very interesting and all, but... I'm afraid we've got a battle ahead of us.
<Athena> How can you even tell? I can't see anything with all this wind and snow.
<Icarus> Well, a ballista bolt just flew past me.
<Green> Ah, damnit. They're probably trying to take advantage of the weather and take us by surprise. Everyone, to arms!​

Meanwhile, at a castle up ahead...

<GenericPKboss> Damnit, the ballistae keep missing. >_<
<PKSoldier> Well, it is kind of hard to see...
<GenericPKboss> No excuses! We need to take out this stupid Etrurian Army as fast as we can.
<PKSoldier> You know... are you sure you even want to do this? I mean, they say they want to help Ilia liberate itself from Bern...
<GenericPKboss> And you believe that pack of lies? No one fights a war for no gain. Etruria will say whatever it has to in order to make this battle easier for them, and if they win, they'll just take Ilia for themselves.
<PKSoldier> Oh...
<GenericPKboss> And if we have to choose between the two as occupying forces, I'm going to side with Bern. They're the much better fighters, so they stand a better chance at winning anyway.
<PKSoldier> I guess so...
<GenericPKboss> Regardless, they're sure as hell going to attack us now that we've started shooting at them. Better ready the troops if you want to save your own hide.
<PKSoldier> Yes, ma'am!​

Green sent Skyleaf and Icarus to head over the eastern mountains in order to secure a better view while the rest of us trudged north through the trees. We saw few enemies that attacked us directly, though many ballistae attacked us from range, and there were a few status staves in use as well. Visibility was poor, so mostly we simply pressed forward as a group, tackling problems as they came, such as groups of Ilian Pegasus Knights that dived at us from beyond the limits of view.

We met up with our Wyvern Lords about halfway through the map and Green split them up this time, sending Skyleaf north to take out a few remaining ballistae and Icarus east to scout out approaching enemies. Jabber, Brave, and TGK led the march of our remaining units as we progressed closer and closer towards the castle. Eventually all the long-range enemies were wiped out, and Brave managed to take out the boss in a single hit. Icarus flew back down south to take care of the last few remaining brigands while Green made his way to the gate to take command of the castle.

<Green> Finally, a warm place to sleep for the night.
<Everyone> Yay! \o/
<Green> DNA, I want you to send a dispatch to Father Yodel back in Etruria letting him know what we learned from Palutena about the dragons. Jabber, you're taking first watch. Everyone else, at ease for now.
<Mora> Umm... Lord Green... could I speak to you for a moment?
<Green> Of course, my door is always open to you, Princess Mora.
<Mora> I think it's time that I tell you about my brother. The rumours you mentioned... there's truth to them, but it's a bit false, too.
<Green> o_o?
<Mora> That does sound confusing, doesn't it? Robin... he did kill the previous King, our father, that much is true.
<Green> :O!
<Mora> But, it wasn't because he was crazy or selfish or out to get the throne or anything like that. Our father... he hated Robin, utterly despised him. Even as a child, our father was constantly abusing him, and several times, he tried to have him killed. Eventually he just... couldn't stand the abuse and assassination attempts any longer.
<Green> But... why would King Desmond hate his son so much to try and kill him?
<Mora> I wish I knew. :\
<Green> :/​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 20 Lord
DNA - Lv. 5 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 8 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 5 Sage
Vom - Lv. 7 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 11 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 8 Sage
Brave - Lv. 7 Berserker
Skyleaf - Lv. 9 Wyvern Lord
Silver - Lv. 5 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 7 Wyvern Lord
Palutena - Lv. 18 Druid

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 1 Manakete

Player Notes

Fog of war, yay! \o/ The enemy certainly made the most of it, relying primarily on long range attacks from ballistae, status staves, and using high-mov units like PKs. Wasn't enough to stop us, of course, but they certainly put in a good effort. Next chapter is effectively the end of the Ilia campaign, though we'll have another gaiden right after for another legendary weapon.

And with that excitement over with, now that we have all of our units, it's time for a UNIT RECAP WOOO

Unit Recap!

Lord Green -

ZRDkZ2F.png

Green hasn't changed much since the last recap because of his super late promotion. In fact, he still won't be promoting for quite a few more chapters still, sadly. As such, I keep him out of battle and he mostly just hangs around Keeper to boost their support points. He also handles some shopping and things. Poor Green.

DNA -

rCCENM0.png

Even more useless than Green is DNA. He's really fallen off a cliff and he's the first unit I opt not to bring with for a chapter if we have too many characters for slots; I'd even rather take SM or BB, even if there's nothing to steal. His last bout of usefulness was weakening enemies for Silver to kill. Poor DNA.

Jabber -

ZPafVgL.png

Jabber's doing pretty good, though now that we have Skyleaf and Icarus, he's lost the most important bits of his usefulness. He does an excellent job ferrying people around and holds his own in combat. Since he can't fly, he's often left with the foot units to act as a rescuer and/or to lead the front page against an enemy or protect the mages from an attack. His biggest downside is that he still occasionally has issues killing things, since his Str has been kind of low (I actually gave him an Energy Ring this past chapter so it's better now) to use weaker weapons and his Skl is a bit shaky with stronger ones. Hopefully the Str boost will help him out.

TGK -

ud1XgYZ.png

TGK is our most consistent and average magic user. His stats are pretty well-rounded, and even though his Mag is lower than the curve, his Skl/Spd enable him to consistantly double and have 90~100% hit chances even with bulkier tomes. He's got a Heal staff for emergencies, but he's still primarily offensive. He's not super awesome or anything, but I certainly can't complain either. He will be our Bolting wielder for sure, since he'll have pretty good accuracy with it.

Vom -

YvDxJKe.png

Vom also chasn't changed much since before. I've stocked up on Killing Edges, and with a ~70% crit chance, that's plenty enough to overcome his low Str. He's super fast and dodges well, too. Swordmaster/10. He will be our Durandal wielder, since Green will be getting the Sword of Seals.

Celever -

cbL7QIp.png

Celever has the unique distinction of being very high leveled compared to the majority of our team. This is because I'm having him attack as much as possible to build up his Light rank (currently about 10% through B) in hopes of being able to wield Aureola, and until recently he was also our only decent staff user, so he gained a lot of exp fairly quickly. He's capped Spd and has good Skl and amazing Res. He's doing pretty well for himself, though, can't complain.

Athena -

hZNMurI.png

Athena is still very slowly building up her pitiful Skl. I even gave her a Secret Book this chapter and she's still only at 13. He favourite tomes are Aircalibur because they're got a good hit with a decent amount of might, plus flying effective. With her high Mag and capped Skl, she definitely does a good amount of damage. I'm also training her up on staves for another Restore/Physic user; she's currently almost halfway through D rank. I'm planning on giving her Forblaze since it has a high innate hit% to overcome her weakness, and her higher Mag/Spd mean that she's likely to get better use out of it than TGK.

Brave -

HHlHU6W.png

Brave is turning out to be crazy good and definitely better than I had ever expected. He's like a Swordmaster but with tonnes more Str and easy 1-2 range access. He still has occasional hit issues (especially going up against sword users), but his super high crit% means that it's okay if he misses a hit or two. He's also incredibly tanky, good at both dodging and absorbing hits. 10/10 would recruit again. He gets to wield Armads, obvs, since there aren't even any other options.

Skyleaf -

BHqCxxT.png

Hey, this is the first time we're getting a recap of Skyleaf! She's been performing very impressively, and has almost capped her Str/Skl/Spd. I gave her the earlier Boots that we got for an impressive 10 mov and as a result she is easily the most valuable unit I have in the field at any given time. She's excellent at killing things and can move around better than anyone else, ally or enemy. And with 19 Def (tied for highest) she can take a lot of hits, even from enemy archers (though I often give her the Delphi shield, just to be safe). I haven't yet decided if I'll be giving Maltet to her or her brother.

Silver -

SHngaWh.png

Silver is really doing amazingly. The growth/con boosts given to her by this patch really serve to make her useful and she's probably my most offensively powerful magic user. She can kill most non-promoted enemy units in a single hit with Flux, and the only enemies so far that she hasn't been able to ORKO are Light Magic bosses... or if she misses. The downside of Dark magic is that it's very inaccurate, so even with an almost capped Skl stat, her hit percentages aren't the highest. She will be our Apocalypse wielder for hilariously overpowered fun.

Icarus -

4K4lfPA.png

Icarus has really made some good strides. Like Silver, he was a pain to train, but he's definitely made up for it. Compared to Skyleaf, his Skl/Spd are kind of shaky, but he will likely beat her out in Str/Def and HP. Many enemies do 0 to piddling damage against him, and he's definitely capable of being sent on his own to cap villages or take care of reinforcements. I haven't decided is he or Skyleaf will get Maltet, but I'm kind of learning towards Icarus, because the +5 Skl bonus will help out with his biggest flaw.

Palutena -

aWQ9pBE.png

Our newest recruit, Palutena is very impressive for a prepromote. Her stats are pretty good and, most importantly, she comes with an A rank in both Dark and Staves, so she's a good drop in Physic/Restore user and will take a lot of the Staff burden off Celever. Like Silver, she has a bit of an accuracy problem, though with her piddling Def/HP, she's more likely to stay in the back the line healing than up front in combat.

BB -

rOcjnBY.png

BB has level capped and he doesn't give a single *(^% about it. His capped Spd means that he can steal basically anything that's not nailed down, and he's resilient enough to take a few hits when necessary (especially since ballistae and siege tome users like to target him). He can't really kill anything anymore, but he doesn't need to; a round spent killing is a round not spent stealing.

Keeper -

HpuL0jA.png

Surprisingly, Keeper did, indeed level cap, mostly thanks to copious arena abuse. She's got balls high Lck and has capped her Spd, so she dodgetanks pretty well, but I still gave her a robe just to shore her up a little. She tends to get left behind a lot, though, and spends most of her time support building with Green. I'm not very good at dancers.

SM -

qgB3VNG.png

I... haven't actually used SM at all yet outside of deploying her in some maps. It's not that I'm worried about her Dragonstone being used up or anything, but mostly just because she has super low mov and so she gets left behind. As you can see from her stats, her bases are worthless, but the stone adds a lot, especially to her Def/Res. I really ought to make more use of her over the next few chapter to boost her stats (especially Spd)...

Chapter 20: Killing the final traitor

Another castle captured and conquered, Green and his army continue to push north and east. Their goal is the coastal capital of Edessa, once controlled by Murdock but now in the hands of the lone remaining Etrurian traitor, Lord Roartz...

<Green> ... And that will be our last battle in this frozen wasteland. Once Roartz is down, we head to Bern.
<Mora> *sigh* I guess I knew this was coming.
<Green> So, uh, while we have this time to ourselves, anything else you can tell me about your brother that might prove useful? A little bit of background exposition, maybe?
<Mora> Well, as most of our readers know from the previous playthrough, Robin's not actually my full-blood brother but only half. King Desmond was our father, but we had different mothers.
<Green> Let me guess, one child was born in a political marriage and the other a saucy side relationship of passion?
<Mora> More or less. Zephiel's mother, Queen Hellene, was an Etrurian noble. They were married for political reasons, just as you say, but my father was already in love with my mother, and they had a relationship on the side. I believe that my father always resented his marriage to Hellene, and that anger and animosity was also unfairly turned on the fruit of that marriage.
<Green> So, Desmond hated Robin because he didn't like his marriage to his mother?
<Mora> Well, there's more than that, too. You see, Robin was a fine boy, always vying for his father's love and trying to do his best in everything. And he succeeded! He was a brilliant scholar, but also well-skilled in battle, had gracious social skills...
<Green> So, why did he try to kill him, then?
<Mora> This is enough exposition for now. I'll tell you the rest later.
<Green> Awww.... I hate cliffhangers. :<​

Meanwhile, at Edessa Castle...

<Roartz> Oh, those stupid PKs let Green through and now the whole bloody Etrurian Army is at my doorstep... *sigh* Have the requested reinforcements arrived yet?
<Soldier> Well... no. It seems as if most of the Ilian forces are reluctant to respond. The only ones who have shown up are those that were directly under General Murdock's command.
<Roartz> Damn, this isn't going well at all... at least we have Zelot's wife captured. Were we able to get a message to him and his troops? We should at least be able to blackmail them into fighting for us.
<Soldier> Nope. No one's seen them in months. But, uh, on the other hand, it looks like the Etrurian Army is beginning its attack.
<Roartz> Double damn. >_<​

Sure enough, we'd finally finished our progression through the trees and snow and wind and had reached the castle's walls. Despite this being one of the most important battles that we've fought so far, our deploy space was very limited, so Vom, DNA, SM, and Palutena were all forced to chill out and watch over the camp while the rest of us moved in. BB was, of course, brought to pick locks, open chests, and loot some good loots, while Green also temporarily unbenched Zelots for advice about taking the castle, since he knew the most about it out of our whole group.

We moved in quickly and decisively, taking out their outside troops and storming in, but we were almost immediately countered with a bunch of long range attacks. Jabber, Zelots, and BB were both put to sleep, sometimes multiple times, forcing Celever to run around healing. Silver ended up backtracking to take care of a bunch of enemies pouring in from a right side entrance. Green was too excited about shopping and missed the initial excitement, but by the time he made it inside, we had things mostly under control.

BB went around opening chests and doors while everyone else mopped up enemies wherever possible. With so much looting available, eventually the soldiers started chatting a bit while waiting for him to finish up his work so they could get back to killing. Green even decided to come by and check up to see how I was doing.

<Green> Hey, Athena, everything going okay?
<Athena> Yep. Thanks for picking up some more Aircalibur tomes for me, by the way, so nice and light and accurate.
<Green> You're welcome, though honestly, I wish you weren't fighting at all.
<Athena> You still see me as just a little girl and don't think I should be fighting with the army, don't you?
<Green> Well, I wouldn't quite put it that way... but I do worry about you.
<Athena> No need to. I'm doing fine just fine. :3
<Green> Thanks, good to know. *shuffles off*
<Brave> *comes up* You like that Green fellow, huh?
<Athena> He was a good friend of mine as a child, so we kind of grew up together and I've gotten to know him well. He's a good leader and very kind.
<Brave> ... ... ...
<Athena> Hm? Is something the matter?
<Brave> I'm going to go. *flees*
<Athena> Huh, I wonder what that was about. o_o;​

Eventually BB did everything he needed to do, so it was time to move in. TGK, Skyleaf, and I all worked together to take down Roartz while Silver and Zelots rescued his wife from the cell. Reinforcements were beginning to appear from the northeast, but Green felt this chapter was long enough already so he decided to just take the throne and end the battle.

<Green> There. Ilia is finally done with and we can head to Bern.
<Juno> Excuse me, Lord Green? Before you head off, there's a place nearby I think you may wish to check out. There's a legendary weapon stored nearby and some of Bern's soldiers were trying to get it. I'm sure you can beat them and take control of the legendary lance for yourself.
<Green> Well, as urgent as our business in Bern is, I sure can't say no to a legendary weapon. Let's go!​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 20 Lord
DNA - Lv. 5 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 8 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 7 Sage
Vom - Lv. 8 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 13 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 8 Sage
Brave - Lv. 7 Berserker
Skyleaf - Lv. 10 Wyvern Lord
Silver - Lv. 7 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 8 Wyvern Lord
Palutena - Lv. 18 Druid

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 1 Manakete

Player Notes

This level was definitely a clusterf... waffle in the beginning. Status staves gave me a lot of trouble, and I didn't bring Palutena because I was worried about her survivability (such low HP x.x) so I only had one Restore staff user. Lots of ballistae, too, though funnily enough, not a single one hit the whole chapter.

As a result of those beginning snafus, my initial rush was slowed down a lot. I only needed Zelots to recruit Juno (which I didn't do until the end of the level because I was afraid of the other NPCs escaping and getting themselves killed, and you get a Robe if they all survive) so I let him stay asleep for a while, but BB getting sleeped was annoying since he had a lot to do, and Jabber got sleeped THRICE. BB also got Berserked twice, but I just kept Celever nearby and restored him right away each time so he could go on opening chests.

Actual combat otherwise wasn't much of an issue. There are a few large groups of enemies, but one I was able to take out at least half of during PP right away, and the other group was mostly handled entirely by Silver Flux/Nos tanking over on the right side. Once those two groups were taken care of, it was only small pairs/trios of enemies here and there, very easy to take out.

BB really was the bottleneck. With 8 chests and 2 doors to open, plus 2 gems and an Elysian Whip to steal, his skills were in high demand. I ended up having Skyleaf grab a couple chests with a key and Silver opened up Juno's door, just to free him up a bit. We did manage to get all loot, which was very nice and will come in handy on Friday.

We got a couple more Supports in this chapter, too. I thought the Green/Athena support was a nice segway into the Brave/Athena B support since it touches on the jealousy aspect a lot. The Keeper/Green B support is also unlocked, just didn't have a good place to fit it in, so maybe tomorrow.

And speaking of tomorrow, tomorrow's legendary weapon gaiden looks... annoying. But that's a problem for Future Athena. Hope you all enjoyed reading along!

Chapter 20x: ITC: Palutena goes crazy

We quickly made our way to the tower where the legendary weapon was kept. It was filled with Bern's soldiers, but...

<Green> How did they even get in there? There's walls closing off everything and not a single door in sight!
<DNA> It looks like they might have built up walls around them to seal themselves in.
<Skyleaf> If that's the case, we should just be able to destroy the flimsy walls, right?
<Icarus> Only one way to find out! *stab*
<EnemyArcher> *snipe!*
<Athena> Look out! They'll attack you from range.
<TGK> Yeah, well, we'll just have to range hit them back! *magic!*
<EnemyArcher> x_x;
<Green> Good plan. Those of you with strong ranged attacks, keep their soldiers off our backs. Everyone else, start stabbing some walls!​

Green split us up into 2 groups for some reason, with me, Brave, and Palutena entering via the northwest side on our own while Green, TGK, Skyleaf, Icarus, Silver, Celever, and Keeper took the southernmost entrance.

The 3 of us were okay on our own for a while. Brave is an awesome tank and Niime had a restore staff to save us from special conditions. All 3 of us also has good ranged attacks, and we progressed through fairly well, until... Palutena was hit by a Berserk staff. I wasn't able to restore her on my own, so Brave and I focused on staying out of her range while she blindly attacked left and right.

Eventually we broke into the main throne room right as Palutena was getting over her Berserk spell. We arrived just in time to see Green, TGK, Skyleaf, and Silver work together to take down the boss and then Green capped the throne to end the level.

<Green> There, that was easy, don't you think?
<Athena> Sure, I bet it was easy for you; you didn't have a Lv. 18 druid slinging spells like crazy at anything that moved... -_-;
<Green> Well, uh, all's well that ends well. At least we got this cool lance!
<Everyone> Oooooooooh.... :O
<Vom> It looks like it's made of ice!
<Jabber> With how cold it is up here, maybe it was. >_>
<DNA> It appears as if the Bern soldiers are fleeing.
<Green> Fine, let them run. We have what we came here for, and we'll be seeing them soon anyway.
<Mora> And speaking of that... I guess I owe you the rest of my story now.
<Green> Sweet! So, we left off talking about how Robin was basically awesome at everything and yet Desmond still hated him for some reason.
<Mora> It was precisely because Robin was so awesome that my father hated him.
<Green> Wait, what?
<Mora> You see, our father was... perfectly ordinary. He didn't have any real talents or skills. So, he saw Robin as being better than he was, and he grew... envious, I suppose. He even told brother that he wouldn't be allowed to take the throne, that my future husband would be the king of Bern instead.
<Green> Wow, what an asshole. :\
<Mora> Well, you see, Robin didn't really care about inheriting the throne. However, the people knew he would be a wise and just king. They wanted Robin as their king and no one else. That was when my father decided....
<Green> Decided to kill his own son.
<Mora> *nods* Desmond poured Robin a glass of poisoned wine. My poor brother was ill for days, but recovered thanks the work of his bodyguard and confidant Murdock. After that, the king extended his range and tried to have Murdock and the Queen killed as well.
<Green> This is just... nuts....
<Mora> Eventually Robin took matters into his own hands. After another one of our father's assassination attempts, Robin played dead, as if the plan had worked. When father went to see my brother's corpse in his coffin, Robin leaped up and stabbed the king through the heart with the sword he was to be buried with.
<Green> Holy crap. o_o;
<Mora> I was just a child at the time, so I didn't really understand everything that was going on. All I knew at the time was that our father was dead and Robin never smiled anymore.
<Green> :<
<Mora> My brother... in his heart, he is a wise, just, and kind man. I know that man still lives within him. And this is why... why I always thought that things could be... could be mended peacefully. But now... Green. Please stop my brother.
<Green> Even if it calls for the blade?
<Mora> Whatever it takes. I trust your judgment.​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 20 Lord
DNA - Lv. 5 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 8 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 8 Sage
Vom - Lv. 8 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 14 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 8 Sage
Brave - Lv. 8 Berserker
Skyleaf - Lv. 11 Wyvern Lord
Silver - Lv. 8 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 8 Wyvern Lord
Palutena - Lv. 18 Druid

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 1 Manakete

Player Notes

Despite all the walls, this really wasn't such a bad chapter. Enemy density was fairly low. There were a few enemies with Brave weapons, and 2 status staves, but otherwise not much deadly.

Starting arrangements were weird, though. You're split up into 3 separate groups, 3 people each on the right and left and then 7 at the bottom. Because of the walls, each group is fully independent. With the states staves, I didn't want to have a group without a Restore user, and I only have 2 of those (Celever and Palutena), so I only brought 10 units instead of 13 and split into 2 groups only, just as described.

This would have been a flawless plan... except for Palutena getting hit with a Berserker staff. 25% hit only! Lucky jerk. :U

The way Berserking works is that the user automatically attacks the closest unit in range, friend or foe. So, my goal to keep Athena and Brave alive was to always make sure that an enemy was between us and Palutena. Thankfully, there were enough enemies within range over the walls that the plan worked decently well.

If it weren't for that, it actually would have been a fairly boring chapter, which is why I didn't really describe the things that went on in the other group.

Starting tomorrow, we finally get to head into Bern. However, tomorrow's chapter is also secretly a shopping chapter because it's the chapter with a secret shop where we can buy unlimited stat boosters, including Boots (which permanently increase mov by 2).

If you have any suggestions for items to buy, you're welcome to suggest them!
Otherwise I'll mostly be looking into buying some Secret Books for our low Skl users, maybe a Speedwings for TGK and a Ring for Jabber, and of course a bunch of Boots for everyone. We've got a fair amount of money, so feel free to speak up.

Can you max out everyone's mov?

Let's run some calcs.

Max Mov for all characters is 15. Current mov stats and boots needed to max are:

Lord Green - 5/6 (5 boots)
DNA - 8 (4 boots)
Jabber - 8 (4 boots)
TGK - 6 (5 boots)
Vom - 6 (5 boots)
Celever - 6 (5 boots)
Athena - 6 (5 boots)
Brave - 6 (5 boots)
Skyleaf - 10 (3 boots)
Silver - 6 (5 boots)
Icarus - 8 (4 boots)
Palutena - 6 (5 boots)
BB - 6 (5 boots)
Keeper - 6 (5 boots)
SM - 5 (5 boots)

That would be 70 pairs of Boots total needed to max, at 4k a piece, would cost us a total of 280k gold, over double what I currently have. So, no, we can't max out everyone's move.

Bringing all useful units to 10 mov is a bit more realistic. Skyleaf is already there. DNA could definitely be skipped, and maybe SM and BB, too. To bring the remaining characters up to 10 would require a total of 20 Boots, or 80k, which would leave us 40k (plus stuff that I can sell tomorrow, though I don't know how much else I'll get from that) for up to 10 other stat boosters and siege tomes, or even giving boots to SM and/or BB.

No chapter today, sadly. Got sidetracked working on a project earlier and now I'm going to be too busy this afternoon. See you all on Monday!

Chapter 21: BOOTS! \o/

With Ilia saved, the revolutionaries killed, the legendary weapon obtained, etc. and so forth, it was finally time to make our way south to Bern. Our destination was the Shrine of Seals, a location sacred to the Bern people and hidden from all but the royal family. Thankfully, Mora was more than happy to point us in the right direction and we quickly made our way to the border. Of course, Bern just wasn't going to sit by and watch...

Meanwhile, at the Shrine of Seals...

<Murdock> Alright bro, they're coming. You ready for this?
<Gale> Yep. My men are all in position.
<Murdock> Good. I'm counting on you to be the catalyst of our victory. This Etrurian Army is nothing compared to the might of Bern... but on the other hand, that general of theirs is more cunning than we've given him credit for.
<Gale> Lord Green, yes. He's very admirable.
<Murdock> Indeed. I hope to take him out myself, one-on-one... >:3​

Meanwhile, with our heroes...

<Yodel> *runs up* Thank St. Elimine, I've finally caught up to you! *huff huff*
<Athena> Did you run the whole way from Etruria? o_o;
<Green> What's up, gramps? Something the matter?
<Yodel> I received you missive and I've been doing some studying of my own... I must confess that I agree with this dragon professor you hired about the Demon Dragon.
<Palutena> *cackles* Good to know you guys liked my work.
<Green> But the Demon Dragon was destroyed during the Scouring... so how can it be here now?
<Yodel> Well, you see, that's the thing... if my research is correct, the Demon Dragon wasn't destroyed at all.
<Everyone> :O!!!!
<Yodel> Instead, Hartmut sealed it within the mountains of Bern using the--
<Green> The Binding Blade, right?
<Yodel> How did you know? :O
<Athena> Well, it's the name of the game after all. Figured it had to show up at some point.
<Yodel> Yes, well, true. Anyway, if we find that Binding Blade we might be able to seal the Demon Dragon back away again, or maybe even kill it.
<Green> So now we just need to find the Dragon...
<Athena> It's probably that creepy chick that King Robin keeps nearby.
<Green> Huh?
<Athena> Think about it. She's weird and creepy-looking, she appeared right when the other dragons did, we know dragons transform into humans and crap, plus she doesn't really serve any other purpose in the game. It has to be her.
<Green> How do you know so much about her anyway? Have we even seen her yet?
<Athena> Oh, I might be mixing up my narrator knowledge a bit here, whoops!
<Yodel> Yes, well, anyway, I'm coming with you now. I even brought you another legendary weapon!
<Green> Ooooh, what it is? :O
<Yodel> This fancy bow from Sacae! :D
<Green> Ugh, we don't have any bow users... give it to Merlinus, I guess. Anything else?
<Yodel> Well, there's this staff of mine that's pretty sweet, but...
<Green> Good, give it to Celever, you're getting benched.
<Yodel> Awwww.... :<​

There were a few different routes through the mountains we could potentially take, but Green was wary of being ambushed so he had us all stick together and head directly south along the western side. His foresight ended up proving useful as a sentry on a southern mountain spotted our position and began sending waves of Paladin and Wyvern Rider reinforcements after us. Green ordered a halt and ordered a blockade around the weaker units, but I refused to stay inside. Instead, I hit in a forest and lured the wyvern riders to the deaths with my Aircalibur, OHKOing them and dodging their attacks.

Finally the numbers of reinforcements began to dwindle and we could move on. Even SM was able to gain a few kills as we began the trek forward! Keeper and Green fell a bit behind, though...

<Keeper> Oh, Lord Green.... :3
<Green> Umm... do you have to hang off me like that? It's kind of awkward. People will stare.
<Keeper> Oh, pish posh. No one will stare because they're all up ahead and it's just us two back here.
<Green> *sigh*
<Keeper> Besides, I-- Eep, an enemy! *hides behind Green*
<Green> Where?!
<Keeper> Over there! I heard a rustling in the bushes... oh, I'm going to die, I know it...
<Green> You'll be okay, you're a dodgetank.
<Keeper> No, I'm afraid this is the end for me. But that's okay, I don't mind dying in your service, my liege. You there! In the bushes! Come out an kill me already! I don't care what happens to this mortal vessel, my eternal love will never be shattered!
<Green> ... ... ... It's just a pigeon. -_-;
<Keeper> Oh, well, phew. >.>​

We continued onward, taking out the few enemies in our path, and moving slowly for fear of more reinforcements. Sure enough, a single went up from the Shrine and flocks of wyvern riders appeared from all of the mountains around us led by a familiar-looking Wyvern Lord with long blue hair. Skyleaf sucked in a breath and flew after him, ignoring Green's protests.

<Skyleaf> Gale...
<Gale> Skyleaf.
<Skyleaf> Gale, I...
<Gale> We are both loyal knights fighting in service for our lords, what else is there to know?
<Skyleaf> ... I... suppose so...
<Gale> I realize that I am likely about to meet my doom, so please let me tell you that... the days we spent together were the best and happiest days of my life.
<Skyleaf> Mine too...
<Gale> Goodbye, my love. If only we'd met in times of peace, not war. *flies off*
<Skyleaf> Gale... ;~;​

There were too many reinforcements from too many directions, so we were forced to split. Vom and TGK took the northwestern group of enemies, TGK unknowingly taking the life of Skyleaf's beloved in the heat of battle. Skyleaf herself fought the northwestern group with Brave and Athena, while Silver held the southern group. The others clustered together for protection. Eventually the reinforcements dried up and Green called a meeting.

<Green> Alright guys, before we storm the shrine, there's one important thing we need to do.
<Everyone> o_o?
<Green> Skyleaf, take these cards. There's a shop up in the mountain. They sell... Boots.
<Everyone> :O!!!!!!
<Green> I know I've been stingy lately, storing up funds... this is why. You are to buy as many Boots as humanly possible and bring them back to us.
<Everyone> :D!!​

And so Skyleaf flew off and bought everyone a bunch of Boots. While Murdock sat in the Shrine, twiddling his thumbs, Merlinus passed out Boots to everyone and they had fun trying them on and running about. Eventually, Green gave the signal and they moved in towards the Shrine, swiftly. Silver, Athena, and SM all worked together to take down Murdock, then Green took control of the Shrine to end the level.

<DNA> It looks like there's a passage leading downward behind the altar here...
<Green> Come on everyone, the Binding Sword awaits us!
<Elphin> And not just that blade, but there are 2 legendary weapons down here that await us.
<Green> Oh, yeah, you're still here, right. How do you know there's 2 weapons?
<Elphin> *shrugs*​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 20 Lord
DNA - Lv. 6 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 9 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 10 Sage
Vom - Lv. 9 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 15 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 14 Sage
Brave - Lv. 8 Berserker
Silver - Lv. 11 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 9 Wyvern Lord
Palutena - Lv. 19 Druid

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 9 Manakete

Player Notes

Looong chapter. Partially because fighting, partially because BOOTS.

Athena for MVP this chapter definitely. Those 6 levels she gained is all from sitting and dodgetanking crazy waves of reinforcements. She was able to OHKO every flying enemy, even the promoted ones, and 2HKOed everything else. Only one attack ever actually hit her... and it was a 6% hit chance, go figure.

I also finally was able to feed SM some levels. She gets almost a full level from every enemy so it was pretty easy, honestly. Her Divinestone makes her pretty strong, but it doesn't help her HP and Spd which are both pretty low, so I had to baby her a decent amount. DNA helped out by whittling down enemies for her to kill.

Then it was time for shopping. Glorious, glorious shopping. I was able to get up to 147k gold total, so we bought a looot of statboosters.

NotJim talked me out of buying any Secret Books because of how little they actually matter, but we still got a decent amount of non-Boots items. TGK and Jabber got an Energy Ring a piece, and TGK also got a Speedwing. SM got an Angelic Robe and 2 Speedwings. I also picked up a couple Boltings for TGK.

And then it was time for Boots. Every single character we're using, except DNA, now has a minimum of 10mov. Well, except Roy who currently has 9 because he'll gain a point when he promotes. SM and Keeper both have 11 because they had 5 to start off with. Jabber, Skyleaf, and Icarus get 12. DNA didn't get any because if I want to make him useful I'll have to dump a lot more than Mov into him and it's just not worth the effort at this point.

It's so ridiculously hilarious.

Next chapter is another gaiden to pick up our last optional legendary weapon and also the Binding Blade. If you've been paying attention, you'll be able to figure out what type the other weapon we're getting is.

And at the end of next chapter, Green will FINALLY promote.

Only 5 chapters left, so we'll be finishing up next week. I hope you're looking forward to it!

Next chapter is another gaiden to pick up our last optional legendary weapon and also the Binding Blade. If you've been paying attention, you'll be able to figure out what type the other weapon we're getting is.

Oh I remember... was it?

A heavy machine gun? :rolleyes:

HAHAHAHA you can't stop my awesome critical animation! And even if you do, my plan is already in motion.

But you guys have Athena on your side so I guess It's bye bye main antagonist soon. :(

Chapter 21x: What? Lord Green is evolving?

Deep beneath the Shrine of Seal was yet another winding dungeon area housing another legendary weapon. Lord Green and his Etrurian Army may have defeated the forces above, but more Bern soldiers awaited them below...

<DruidBoss> I sense a great disturbance in the... dark magic.
<Soldier> Yes, it appears that General Murdock and his forces have fallen to the Etrurian Army.
<DruidBoss> Damnit. >_<
<Soldier> Indeed, sir.
<DruidBoss> Well, Murdock's final orders were for us to defend this legendary weapon with our lives, and now it looks like we'll have the opportunity to. Turn out the lights and prepare your men.
<Soldier> Yessir!​

As we progressed down the stairs for our final gaiden, Green turned to his soldiers to learn more about what awaited them below.

<Green> So, uh, Skyleaf, Icarus, you guys are from Bern. Any idea about what the other legendary weapon down here might be?
<Skyleaf> Well, I've heard rumours that it's some kind of dark magic tome...
<Athena> That much should be obvious to anyone that can count. We already have legendary weapons for every other type of weapon.
<Skyleaf> Oh, yeah, right. >_>
<Icarus> It'll probably be heavily guarded by soldiers, too. Oh, and I'm pretty sure there are traps. You should be cautious.
<Green> Oh, yeah, these gaiden chapters are full of little traps. Oh well, I'm pretty sure we've got this.​

It was dark and spooky inside, but thanks to our new Boots, we were pretty fast moving around. Now that SM was getting stronger, we let her lead the way, blasting enemies left and right with her Divinestone.

The traps were relatively minor, though some were amusing. The boring traps were just spikes on the floor that did a bit of damage sometime, but the interesting traps were chests. When BB opened, a Dragon popped out! Thankfully we learned quickly and only had him open chests with a combat unit nearby.

The boss was a Druid with a very powerful dark magic tome, but TGK, Skyleaf, Brave, and I all teamed up to take him down in a single round so Green could loot the altar for our legendary weapons.

<Green> Yep, this is a dark tome alright.
<Silver> Oooooh... I know that tome. It's Apocalypse!
<Palutena> *cackles* Sure is, wielded by the great and mysterious Bramimond himself.
<Green> Well, you guys can fight over it. I'm going to go see if I can find the Binding Blade.
<DNA> It's over here, milord! At least, I'm pretty sure this is it, though it's trapped in some kind of stone...
<Green> Oh, yeah, you need the Fire Emblem to get it out. Let me come grab it...
<Jabber> Milord, are you okay? You look... funny.
<Athena> He's evolving! :D
<Vom> I think you mean "promoting".
<Athena> Eh, same thing.​

Lord Green evolved promoted into Great Lord!

<Green> Yay, now I can be useful again. Let's go kick Robin's ass! >:3​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 1 Great Lord
DNA - Lv. 6 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 9 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 10 Sage
Vom - Lv. 9 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 15 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 14 Sage
Brave - Lv. 8 Berserker
Silver - Lv. 11 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 9 Wyvern Lord
Palutena - Lv. 19 Druid

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 18 Manakete

Player Notes

Short chapter write-up, sorry. Ended up taking me all afternoon on and off to finish this up because I'm having a hard time sitting at the computer for long periods of time and I had a bunch of other chap I was working on, too. And now I need to run and cook dinner.

The good news is that Green finally evolved so we can let him kill stuff again, yay!

Tomorrow we'll be tackling Robin. I hope you all are looking forward to it!

Chapter 22: The King is dead. Long live the flashy glowy sword!

With the Binding Blade in hand, Green ordered a direct assault upon the capital of Bern. We quickly marched there, stormed the gates, and--

<Green> Wait, that's it?
<Athena> That's what?
<Green> You mean we just got to the capital and busted open the castle doors and no one stopped us or anything?
<Athena> Er, well, I guess not, no.
<Jabber> Maybe they wanted to concentrate their forces into a single force to fight us back better?
<Green> But that doesn't make any sense. Bern is the greatest military might in all of Elibe and we've killed maybe only a couple hundred of their soldiers, tops. They've surely got thousands of soldiers at their command. No way could cram those all soldiers into this castle.
<Silver> Maybe it's a magic castle and it's bigger on the inside! :O
<TGK> Maybe the dragons ate all the soldiers?
<Brave> Maybe they're just dumb.
<Palutena> Personally I just think that IS didn't feel like making any more chapters in between you getting the Binding Blade and finally defeating King Robin. After all, we've got a demon dragon to take down, so this isn't even the final battle.
<Athena> Hey, don't go breaking the 4th wall, that's my job!
<Icarus> Anyway, are you really going to complain about this fight being easier than you might have expected, Green?
<Green> Well, I was kind of hoping to earn up a bunch of exp now that I'm promoted and all... but I guess I can't complain too much. >_>
<Skyleaf> The throne room is located in the center of the castle. We'll probably find Robin there. However, it looks like the castle is under full defensive mode, so you'll have to turn off the switches before you can enter. There are two of them, one in the west and one in the east.
<Icarus> And once the switches are off, you'll need to stand with the Fire Emblem in front of the door for it to open.
<Green> Alright, we'll split up to tackle each switch then meet in the center. Everyone, let's go!​

Meanwhile, in the Bern Castle...

<Robin> So, Murdock is dead.
<Brunnya> Yes, milord. He and his men fought bravely and were killed in battle.
<Robin> And the Etrurian Army?
<Brunnya> They stormed in the Shrine of Seals then began marching this way and they're currently, well, at our gates. >_>
<Robin> I suppose we'll just have to fight off and destroy that little Lord Green right here in the castle then. Good thing I'm constantly wearing my armor.
<Brunnya> It will be an honour to fight at your side, milord. I would happy give my life for--
<Robin> No.
<Brunnya> o.o?
<Robin> You won't be fighting here. I have a more important task for you.
<Brunnya> I repeat... o.o?
<Robin> Idoun, you here?
<Idoun> ... ... ...
<Robin> Brunnya, I'm leaving you in charge of Idoun. The both of you will hide outside the castle until the battle is over. Guard her as if she were me.
<Idoun> As Your Highness commands.
<Brunnya> But, sir, I...
<Robin> This will be a tough battle, I do not deny it. Although I plan to prevail and fight to my last breath, there is a chance I may fail, however small. And Idoun must be protected. Without her, this struggle would have been for nothing.
<Brunnya> Yes, milord, I understand.
<Robin> Idoun... if I fall... you must carry on.
<Idoun> *smirk* Yes, of course. The world will be liberated, as per Your Highness's command.
<Robin> So long as my dream is fulfilled, I will die happily.​

We split up to storm the castle so that each group could hit one of the switches. The western group was made up of TGK, Skyleaf, Jabber, DNA, Icarus, and Celever, while the rest of us took the eastern path together. BB and Vom split up to head down a side corridor and grab some chests while Green led the way through the gauntlet of enemies, trying to make up for lost time by gaining as much exp as possible. There was a powerful hero guarding the eastern switch, but Vom and Green teamed up to take him down together and BB stood on the switch to activate it. Mission complete, we all began to head towards the center where the door to the throne room was located.

To the west, Skyleaf and TGK took the vanguard while the others provided support and defeated random scattered enemies. Icarus ended up taking a long southern path to get rid of a Bishop with a Silence staff and also to bait a few Sniper hiding in a hidden room. There were only a few enemies in the hallway leading to the switch, so TGK and Skyleaf sent the others to meet up by the throne room while they headed up to the switch together.

<Skyleaf> How are you hanging on, Berkely? Doing alright?
<TGK> I hope you don't mind me asking, but... could I pet your wyvern? I always thought they were pretty cool.
<Skyleaf> Sure, go ahead, she's gentle.
<TGK> She's so scaly and warm... ooh, and sharp fangs too.
<Skyleaf> Look at that, she's smiling. She must like you!
<TGK> You know, I always heard stories about how Bern's wyverns were these crazy dangerous and fearsome creatures, but she's actually very sweet.
<Skyleaf> I'm glad you think so. ^_^​

Together they defeated the hero protecting the switch and Skyleaf stood on it to activate it. By then, everyone else (aside from BB who was heading over to meet up with Skyleaf and TGK to grab the chests on that side) was standing in front of the throne room door, waiting and ready. When the time game, Green stepped towards the doors, Fire Emblem held high, and waited patiently as they slowly opened, revealing the throne room inside.

<Robin> There you are. I fully expected you to make it to my throne room, but... I didn't expect you to be a kid. o_o;
<Green> For you information, I am already fifteen and a half, King Robin.
<Robin> *snorts*
<Green> Tell me... why did you start this war?
<Robin> You know, I wasn't planning on going into one of those Evil Guy spiels, but fine, why not. After all, you did ask. I want to end the Age of Man.
<Green> o_o?
<Robin> Look, humans are terrible. We're smelly, we're greedy, we like fighting, we betray each other, we lust for power, we're jealous of others, we hate people out of pettiness... basically, we're awful. Surely you've seen this in your travels. Even friends and family members can and will turn on each other... like fathers who would go so far as to murder their own sons.
<Green> >_>;;
<Robin> As long as humans exist, this kind of crap is just going to keep happening.
<Green> Yes, but surely you realize that you're no better than those whose actions you despise. Look at what you've done!
<Robin> Oh, yes, I agree.
<Green> Wait, what?
<Robin> You know how the Scouring ended, yes?
<Green> Well, yeah, duh, Hartmut sealed away the Demon Dragon with the Binding Blade. What does that have to do with anything?
<Robin> Mankind never should have one that war. We didn't deserve it. We twisted and warped the world to our own devices. All because of man's... illogical and contemptible emotions! I will correct this mistake. I will return this world to the Dragons. The slate will be wiped clean and I will free the world from its agony.
<Green> So... you really did resurrect the Demon Dragon...
<Robin> You will learn that yourself before too long. :3
<Green> So, what exactly will giving the world to the Dragons do? I mean, I've fought them, they're really kind of violent and bizarre creatures.
<Robin> Dragons have no sense of "self", no powerful emotions. The ones you fought here were merely weapons of war I unleashed upon you. When the dragons take control, they will have no emotions to sway them and will rule justly.
<Green> I... see. But I'm afraid I have to disagree that such a world would be better.
<Robin> *rolls eyes*
<Green> I mean, sure, humans have done some pretty awful crap. But a lot of humans have also done some really good crap, so.... I think I'm going to believe in mankind.
<Robin> Really? That's what you have to say for yourself?
<Green> Look, I'm not good at speeches or anything. >_<
<Robin> Well, hopefully your sword arm is better than your mouth. Come and get me! >:3​

We stormed into the room, taking out Robin's bodyguards stationed around the room. More of them began pouring in through the stairs immediately, but we managed to sweep them up and block the entrances. Then, it was just us and Robin. Silver weakened him up first with her new Apocalypse tome and then Green rushed forward to secure the killing blow with the Binding Blade.

<Robin> Heh, you managed to defeat me after all... But remember… My dream shall never die… As long as…humans retain control…madness will persist… x_x;
<Green> *checks* Yep, he's dead, good work everyone.
<Everyone> Hurray! \o/
<Elphin> And yet, that "Dark Priestess" is nowhere to be found.
<Vom> She must have escaped. :|
<TGK> Um, guys, did you just see Robin's sword flash?
<Robin's Sword> *flash flash*
<Brave> Ohgod, that's creepy, make it stop. x.x;;
<Athena> What is it?
<Elphin> That's Eckesachs, a sword that can only be wielded by the King of Bern.
<Silver> So, it's another legendary weapon then?
<Elphin> Correct! And the Legends state that if all the legendary weapons are gathered together at once, a pathway to the Dragon Sanctuary will appear.
<Everyone> Oooooooooh.... :O
<Jabber> Umm.. what's the Dragon Sanctuary again? >_>
<Palutena> It was the headquarters for the Dragons during the time of the Scouring.
<Green> But, wait a minute... I thought the Binding Blade was the last legendary weapon! So what's up with this Eckecrap?
<Elphin> Well... I don't know, to tell you the truth. But it's possible that the Binding Blade is another level beyond a regular legendary weapon. Like.... a super legendary weapon.
<Everyone> :O!!!
<Silver> Hey, it looks like the flashing of that sword is turning into a line... it's pointed south!
<Celever> Sweet, that must be the path to the Sanctuary! I bet that dark priestess chick is hiding out there.
<Green> It's the best lead we have, anyway. Let's head out!​
Current Team!

Lord Green
- Lv. 6 Great Lord
DNA - Lv. 6 Paladin
Jabber - Lv. 11 Paladin
TGK - Lv. 13 Sage
Vom - Lv. 10 Swordmaster
Celever - Lv. 17 Bishop
Athena - Lv. 15 Sage
Brave - Lv. 9 Berserker
Skyleaf - Lv. 13 Wyvern Lord
Silver - Lv. 12 Druid
Icarus - Lv. 11 Wyvern Lord
Palutena - Lv. 19 Druid

BB - Lv. 20 Thief
Keeper - Lv. 20 Dancer
SM - Lv. 19 Manakete

Player Notes

And so Robin falls. RIP Robin, thanks for playing. <3

If you don't unlock all the gaiden chapters and get all of the legendary weapons, this is actually where the game ends. There's a half-assed kind of ending sequence and the disappearance of Idoun just doesn't end up meaning anything. It's not really a "bad" ending, so to speak, but it's pretty lame, and not the "canon" ending either.

Of course, we're excellent, so we got all of the weapons and we get the better, longer ending which consists of 3 additional chapters.

The chapter itself was actually fairly easily. Enemy density is low, and we can move all over the map with ease with our crazy booster mov. I tried to feed Green as many kills as I could, and since this game patch also gives the Binding Blade unlimited uses, that's not particularly difficult, especially since he got amazing level ups earlier so his stats aren't even that low.

We also finally get the first support convo between TGK and Skyleaf. They have one of the steepest support requirements of the game, so it's very tough and long to build. Like many of the other support convos, this one has been... altered. In the "real" version, TGK is incredibly clueless and dumb, not even knowing what Wyverns are or that Skyleaf is from Bern, and he spends most of the conversation saying dumb crap.

In any event, stay tuned for tomorrow where we kick Brunnya's ass and look good doing it. We can also finally buy some more javelins!

Even friends and family members can and will turn on each other... like fathers who would go so far as to murder their own sons.

Can't deny it. My husband from the previous playthrough now kills me in cold blood. Who sides with my daughter also from last playthrough ._,
And so Robin falls. RIP Robin, thanks for playing. <3

No fair, I'm going to stop reading now! Just kidding of course, it has been my pleasure ;)

Btw I noticed one little thing, you said one instead of won, in the part where I confront @Green778

*sees that Robin has corrected grammar*
When the time game, Green
Time game, isn't that Majora's Mask?

a few Sniper hiding
Sniper are actually deer and refute your nonsensical s.
Sorry.
<Robin> Dragons have no sense of "self", no powerful emotions.
Celever and SM from the last playthrough beg to differ.
LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOOOOOOOOOVE MAKES THE WORLD GO ROUND!~

EDIT: Sorry, I have to.
SNIPER NO SNIPING!

We also finally get the first support convo between TGK and Skyleaf. They have one of the steepest support requirements of the game, so it's very tough and long to build. Like many of the other support convos, this one has been... altered. In the "real" version, TGK is incredibly clueless and dumb, not even knowing what Wyverns are or that Skyleaf is from Bern, and he spends most of the conversation saying dumb crap.
After reading it on the FEWiki, I can confirm... >.>

• Milady: Phew... Sorry I'm straining you so much, Trifinne... Good girl.
  • Lugh: Wow! A wyvern! Wow, it's so big! Is this wyvern yours? Will it get angry if I touch it?
  • Milady: No, go ahead. She's a gentle one.
  • Lugh: Then... Wow, such hard scales... Her fangs are sharp too! Wow... Are you a Dragon Knight?
  • Milady: Yes, yes I am.
  • Lugh: Really!? I thought only Bern had Dragon Knights!
  • Milady: !
  • Lugh: They say Bern's Dragon Knights are invincible, so I was a little worried... But they'll be nothing if we have Dragon Knights as well! I want to defeat Bern, but I'm still not very good with my magic, so I'm not really being of any use yet....
  • Milady: ...
  • Lugh: Oh...I better get going. See you later! Thanks for letting me pet your wyvern.
  • Milady: Yes...see you...

Sorry Robin, it had to be done... Once and for all... :p

Also props to Athena for a hilarious battle scene... It's amazing how serious and tense moments can feel completely relaxing and funny with some good jokes.

Back