TCG Fakes AT‘s Special cards (Fakemon, Betas, and more)

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Hi! This is just a thread where I dump cards that are not related to my Neo Destiny Revival set. It mainly includes Fakemons, special Pokemon, Gimmicks and beta mons.
The era that these cards belong to range from Classic to HGSS, depending on the art style, but should mainly focus on the Neo and E card era.

The first three mons featured in this thread are the Busgy's Dunsparce line (Neo Gym Heroes template). To be honest, I was excited that a dunsparce evo came out in SV but I was really disappointed about the design. Sure, it's not that bad but it's quite lazy in my opinion and I expected a bit more. Luckily, JessJackdaw, a prominent fakemon designer on reddit and DA came up with a very interesting evolution line for Dunsparce, where it evolves into a bug dragon Pokemon (Pseudo-legendary). It is the perfect ace for Bugsy in my opinion, as it is a gen 2 mon and a powerful bug type. The designs of these cards focus on Trainer lock. Bugsy's Dunsparce could retreat freely and provide a bit of draw power in the early game, as well as inflict paralysis while Bugsy's Dunrago could completely lock your opponent out of Trainer cards (but be careful as it could backfire if you get tails) and dish out immensive damage with 3 energies.

IMPORTANT: NONE OF THESE CARDS ARE ALLOWED TO BE SOLD OR USED FOR ANY MONETARY PURPOSES.

dfrnt5u-db025db3-e883-45a5-b755-07f9ce2dc087.png

dfrjiqs-5430a7eb-6397-4838-9b47-89ce83b26254.png

dfrw8fd-523ba242-7b54-4207-b209-c6ba28617991.png

The next three cards include a Sandslash Fakemon evolution (Japanese Neo style), Spikeslash (多刺王)designed by seasalt on DA. Seasalt is an artist that focuses on high resolution coloured pencil art and I thought it would be perfect in the Japanese vending machine style. Nothing to special about the attacks as I just slightly modified previous existing attacks as I am not familiar with Japanese wording. It's solely for aesthetic purposes.

dfrjiqd-d8df993b-dbc8-4ba1-87c0-f0f1e7d02bcc.png

dfrplt8-04d671a9-53f1-4705-82e6-7dcfb30c460b.png

dfrplsr-3c6c2770-d1f8-42f0-8640-331ef3702506.png

Last edited:

Charmaster:)

Collecting, playing, & making family memories.
Interesting! The Dunsparce evolutions look cool, but they also reminded me of a Dunsparce fan evolution called Dunseraph which I was impressed with. It’s a Dragon-Flying type from the fan game Pokémon Uranium, and it’s similar to Rayquaza, only more elegant and Dunsparce-like, in appearance. I almost made a card of Dunseraph, but I never bothered getting permissions for the artwork.
I was also fairly unimpressed with Dudunsparce, but at least people who felt Dunsparce was already perfection have a bigger, better Dunsparce to use.
As usual, cool cards! Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
Interesting! The Dunsparce evolutions look cool, but they also reminded me of a Dunsparce fan evolution called Dunseraph which I was impressed with. It’s a Dragon-Flying type from the fan game Pokémon Uranium, and it’s similar to Rayquaza, only more elegant and Dunsparce-like, in appearance. I almost made a card of Dunseraph, but I never bothered getting permissions for the artwork.
I was also fairly unimpressed with Dudunsparce, but at least people who felt Dunsparce was already perfection have a bigger, better Dunsparce to use.
As usual, cool cards! Keep up the good work!
I actually made a card using Dunseraph a couple months ago. I really love the design, dragon/flying is the way to be. Too bad I heard about uranium too late and never got a chance to play with it. Rumor has it that it's better than official games.

I just updated the holosheet on the Dunrago card. Man, it's really tough to get the right effects on different holosheets. Still improving on holosheets to make the visuals eye-friendly.

Kangaflora

Aspiring Trainer
Very good cards as always, but on Sandshrew, Sandslash and Spikeslash, you have their Weakness and Resistance the wrong way round.

Alolan Teddiursa

Aspiring Trainer
The next card to showcase is Cool Porygon 2 (Neo Template), which is a sequel to the black star promo Cool Porygon. I believe I have used it as an entry for Cac a couple years ago when I first started faking. But I improved the wording and aesthetics. I think that the card has potential for stall and has an attack that makes it incredibly annoying to play against. Though still relying on coin flips, it really messes up your opponent's game plan.

dfehp00-fd4b948c-87e6-461c-8d3d-5df2868b67d1.png

And of course, Crystal Onix. I still can't believe Wizards never made a promo for this special Pokemon. The main focus of this card is Prism Shard, which could easily snipe some Baby Pokemon on the Bench or even dish out huge damage for a single energy if there are tons of different energies. The second attack is a bit difficult to set up but I believe 1 attack per game is enough to make a difference.

dfffbgc-65c3a7f7-1ef5-4925-9cc0-cb8772f409c3.png

The final card for today is Erika's Shining Cleffa (Gym Template). This card proved to be OP when tested with my Neo Destiny Revival at a local tournament for fun. It has huge synergy for searching out Legendary Pokemon (a mechanic I introduced) and Shining Pokemon. I understand that
most Shinings were unplayable in the original Neo format but in my Neo Destiny Revival set, all of these shinies were powered up! It's held item stardust is also very strong as it gives huge draw support and messes up the prize trade.

dfex1m3-be7b7ea4-346e-43ab-8564-b88e510f885a.png