• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Assault Bite (Crobat / Wobbuffet)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 18

• 4 Wobbuffett PHF
    4-4-4 Crobat PHF
    1 Mr Mime PLS
    1 Jirachi EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 37

• 3 Juniper
    2 N
    2 Colress
    3 Skyla
    3 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 AZ
    1 Lysandre's Trump Card
    4 Super Scoop Up
    4 Ultra Ball
    2 Startling Megaphone
    2 VS Seeker
    1 Scoop Up Cyclone
    1 Professor's Letter
    2 Muscle Band
    2 Silver Bangle
    3 Dimensional Valley
Energy:

• 5 Psychic Energy

Strategy:
Basic Strategy is to evolve Crobat from hand to drop damage counters where i need them. Bring it back to my hand with Scoop Up Cyclone, Super Scoop Up, and AZ to reuse it again.

Wobbuffet sits in the active to prevent any non psychic abilities while doing basically doubling the defending pokemon's damage counters for 1 energy with Dimensional Valley.

With 7 damage counters on the active, 2 Golbat evolution and 1 Crobat, Wobbuffet hits for 70+10 base damage for 150 total and with muscle band it hits for 170, or 180 with silver bangle. Against anything weak to psychic it can hit for 140 with only 4 damage counters on the opponent and a muscle band, knocking out anything with 180 hp.

Either way this deck seems like a fun idea. Though it may be too slow for it to work properly.

I'm not sure if i should try to squeeze in lasers extra damage, since wobbuffet blocks Verdant Wind. Though it doesnt seem to change the math too much since it happens between turns.

Any thoughts?

darkpulse24

Aspiring Trainer
RE: Assault Bite (Crobat/Wobbuffet)

Looks great! I never thought of using Wobuffet to exploit the spread damage. Crobat is one of the main Pokemon I want to experiment with when this set comes out. Not really sure what to suggest till PHF is released on TCGO.

I'm wondering if using the Zubat from Plasma Storm would have an advantage? It has 10 less HP than the PHF Zubat but has the ability Free Flight which gives it a retreat cost of 0 if Zubat has no energy attached. This could be useful if you end up starting with Zubat and want to get it back to the bench safely as soon as you draw into Wobuffet. Then again PHF Golbat has no retreat cost, so it wouldn't be problem if you happen to have Golbat in your hand on the first turn. I don't know, what do you think? Difference of 10HP is nothing, really.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer

I wouldnt say its not nothing. With 50 hp. Zubat can survive Landorus Ex hammer head with either a muscle band or a strong energy and laser for 1 turn. Which is something a 40 hp basic cant do. Granted it wouldnt survive much longer, but the fact that there is a chance you could get it out of the active before death is really nice. Plus that 10 extra damage could be helpful since it attacks for free with the stadium.

But yes the free retreat could be helpful, especially with such low energy count. Switch is something i forgot, but i think with so many ways to pick a pokemon out of the active, this deck might not need switches.

Either way i thought of this after seeing how Wobbuffet performed during the prerelease. Being able to double the damage on a pokemon is huge, especially since abilities are causing the base damage. Miltank does similar damage to energy ratio and it was great with greninja. Only this time it has 10 more hp and it has a pretty solid ability.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member

My friend has made a deck similar to this; he uses a few Gengar EX. Very nice anyhow!

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
While Wobbuffet has the potential to do lots of damage, this deck needs a more reliable attacker. The 3 ones I recommend are Gourgeist XY for spreading damage and boosting the power of Psychic Assault on Wobbufet, Trevenant for Item Lock and consistent damage with Tree Slam, which does 60 damage for 2 Energy, and damage to Benched Pokemon which can feed on Psychic Assault. The last attacker is Raichu, to deal with Yveltal-EX and Pyroar. Yes, I know you can still use Crobat to attack, but with a Muscle Band, a LaserBank, and a discard, a Crobat dies in just one hit. Hope it helps!

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer
I'd probably drop Dimensional Valley in lieu of Mountain Ring. Getting your Bats sniped off the bench ruins your game plan. Also finding a way to fit in Dusknoir for Sinister Hand to move damage counters could be super useful as well. Maybe go with an energy-less deck and go full-tilt on abilities?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Jeremy1026 said:
I'd probably drop Dimensional Valley in lieu of Mountain Ring. Getting your Bats sniped off the bench ruins your game plan. Also finding a way to fit in Dusknoir for Sinister Hand to move damage counters could be super useful as well. Maybe go with an energy-less deck and go full-tilt on abilities?

Mountain Ring prevents putting damage on your opponents pokemon as well.

Jeremy1026

Aspiring Trainer
bbninjas said:
Jeremy1026 said:

Mountain Ring reads, "damage by attacks", wouldn't placing damage counters as a result of an ability not be affected?

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
Jeremy1026 said:
bbninjas said:

Mountain Ring reads, "damage by attacks", wouldn't placing damage counters as a result of an ability not be affected?

*Checks card*
Oh, I mean the attacks of the line. The can be used to deliver KOs and other things.

socery

I love being bad
I agree with almost if not all of you. Have you considered, attacker-wise, Meowstic FLF? It's first attack also has Dusknoir BCR's ability. Also, you could put in some DCEs and Ragers (Reshi, Zeckrom, Kyurem) as walls. Just so you peeps know, Mountain ring would not affect Gourgeist or Crowbat's damage counters. Maybe Training Center for that +30 HP though.

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Dusknoirs and meowstics seem like overkill when crobat line's ability lets you put damage on however you like- plus there's no way you can cleanly put dusknoir into this deck. dimension valley seems like the right stadium since when wobbuffet takes two turns to power up you are kinda losing your edge- i would perhaps even consider running 4 dimension valley if you weren't running lysandre's trump card. plus if you take away dimension valley you probably will have to add at least 3 more energy. mewtwo EX will hurt this deck even with single energy attachments on wobbuffet (still a ohko) but i guess wobbuffet has a decent chance of returning a ko the next turn. Id like to see another muscle band in the deck though, just because it really helps ramp up damage if you start slow. you get to do 30 then 60 instead of 10 then 20. I really like the deck idea, I tried out seismitoad + crobat but that was just ridiculously slow and bad damage. But with wobbuffet and 2 golbats evolving, you could be doing 40 + 70 turn 1, which is really good for 1 energy and it still provides some detriment to your opponent with bide barricade. I would like to see how well this works with krookodile EX but i have no idea where that card is.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I put this deck together and it is pretty fun and with a little luck it can be pretty dangerous with the scoop ups. It works well and i have yet to feel the need for any changes. Though more play testing is required.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
Okay so i think this deck might need another stadium. Its pretty often that i have to dig for one. I usually get one, but it gets a little scary after 2 are gone. Lysandre's Trump Card really helps but this deck takes prizes pretty fast, and N could be a problem.

Either way this deck is pretty amazing. I have beaten a big basic fighting deck, pyroar/charizard, plasma lugia, and some weird chandelure ex deck thus far with no losses. Normally i only end up cycling through 1 line of crobat with 1 or 2 zubat on the bench and still doing really well. I cant imagine how this deck would run if you managed to get 2 or 3 crobats cycling through each turn. This deck has given me hope for 2 step pokemon having some viability in tournaments.

Any suggestions on to making this deck set up faster? Or just more efficiently i guess. Its fairly quick already.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I really like this deck. I run a variant on PTCGO and it's very successful. I run into trouble, and it's pretty much game over, if I can't get at least one Zubat on the bench during turn one. I play Roller Skates, Bicycle, and Tierno to help with the needed draw power. I don't have the Bands and Bangles in it. I do run 4 Valleys as they play such a vital role in this deck.

I'm not sure how well it works versus Yveltal and item lock decks, as I surprisingly haven't run into any while playing this deck. I do pretty bad while playing against Manectric/Mega as they can OHKO everything (though I did beat a Virizion/Genesect/Manectric deck pretty handily, one time). Do you find that Jirachi EX is worth it with this deck? I like doing the incredible amount of damage that this deck can dish out and having the opponent only draw one prize once they knock something out. Jirachi is such an easy target to Lysandre out. I guess you could scoop it up, but I like saving those for the bats. I will definitely put Mr. Mime into it in my tangible deck (don't have one online).

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
I do find jirachi important to this deck. Since it does lack a little in the supporter cards. And as you said you can just scoop it up. Then you can choose to use it again if need be.

OblivionDvdr

Aspiring Trainer
I use chandelure ex in this deck, the extra 40 each turn is actually really big, and his second attack does a lot for just 2 energy using dimensional valley

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
I've been using this deck for a while with actually pretty great success! I made a few changes to make the deck a fair bit faster and less clunky (got rid of AZ for bicycles), but I really think that this has a lot of potential.

I think you are using a few too many pokemon fan club though too, since you have potential access to 3 already with VS Seeker even if just running 1. Having a single lysandre and skyla really give you many more options, and crobat cant really bench sniper well enough alone (plus its really nice not having to switch wobbuffet out in order to get the last 30 on a benched mon with crobat, because then you have to give your opponent their abilities back). Pokemon fan clun isnt even all too necessary since you can get 3hkos on EXs with just a golbat and muscle band on wobbuffet which isnt a poor start at all.

I think a single laser could be an interesting addition.It doesnt do anything for your current turn but going into their turn for the 2nd time it will have done 30 damage by itself and added an additional 20 damage to psychic barrage which isnt bad at all. that being said i think i prefer the addition of other cards like an escape rope. Playing withthe deck I found I didnt need to devolve crobat very much, since fully evolving 3 crobats is 150 damage which translates already into big numbers with wobbuffet- but I think the scoop ups still synergize well with the deck because you can cycle through wobbuffets very easily (which i found myself doing) by scooping up damaged wobbuffet, promoting crobat, benching the wobbuffet again and reattaching everything then retreating into it. But yea, I really like this deck. Strong ability lock, powerful sniping and low energy damage, big hp basic pokemon and low retreat costs, as well as the ability to take big knockouts and survive under seismitoad.. whats not to like?

Gengar master

shiny Pokémon bait
Advanced Member
Pipotchi said:
I've been using this deck for a while with actually pretty great success! I made a few changes to make the deck a fair bit faster and less clunky (got rid of AZ for bicycles), but I really think that this has a lot of potential.

I think you are using a few too many pokemon fan club though too, since you have potential access to 3 already with VS Seeker even if just running 1. Having a single lysandre and skyla really give you many more options, and crobat cant really bench sniper well enough alone (plus its really nice not having to switch wobbuffet out in order to get the last 30 on a benched mon with crobat, because then you have to give your opponent their abilities back). Pokemon fan clun isnt even all too necessary since you can get 3hkos on EXs with just a golbat and muscle band on wobbuffet which isnt a poor start at all.

I think a single laser could be an interesting addition.It doesnt do anything for your current turn but going into their turn for the 2nd time it will have done 30 damage by itself and added an additional 20 damage to psychic barrage which isnt bad at all. that being said i think i prefer the addition of other cards like an escape rope. Playing withthe deck I found I didnt need to devolve crobat very much, since fully evolving 3 crobats is 150 damage which translates already into big numbers with wobbuffet- but I think the scoop ups still synergize well with the deck because you can cycle through wobbuffets very easily (which i found myself doing) by scooping up damaged wobbuffet, promoting crobat, benching the wobbuffet again and reattaching everything then retreating into it. But yea, I really like this deck. Strong ability lock, powerful sniping and low energy damage, big hp basic pokemon and low retreat costs, as well as the ability to take big knockouts and survive under seismitoad.. whats not to like?

I agree. This deck can go far with the right deck list. Maybe a 1-1-1 line of Chandelure PF wouldn't be such a bad idea. Placing 6 damage counters as an attack could help this deck out. Fainting Spell isn't a bad ability. It could potentially knock out a full HP EX. That's a good 50% I would take. (I played Gengar SF back in the day ;))

Another card that could work is 1-1 / 2-2 Espeon Plasma Freeze. This helps sniping the Psychic weak EX Pokemon on your opponents bench like Mew EX, Mewtwo EX, Lucario EX, etc. It's a good alternate option, opposed to always attacking the active with an occasional Lysandre.

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I keep losing horribly against Yveltal/Seismitoad/Garbodor decks, online and in RL. Yveltal EX one shots Wobb with a Band. Seismitoad EX locks item usage. Garbodor cancels all the abilities, which are needed for a victory with this deck. Does anyone know of a remedy, or is it just doomed against that kind of deck? I'm afraid this won't be all that competitive if it doesn't stand a chance against a certain kind of deck.

Ivy_Profen

Aspiring Trainer
well that is one of the best decks that basically beats anything if everything goes according to plan. But yeah i dont know if theres anyway to beat that deck unless you tech in some xerosic to discard the tools on Garbodor and focus down seismitoad asap. But thats easier said than done.

Status
Not open for further replies.