Asian eyeliner? Cosplayers I neeed your help!

Shiningmilotic

dipped my hair in the wild berry skittles rainbow!
Hello everyone! I really am excited to go to Acon this year for the first time!!! ^-^ I never got to go in the past 10 years or so because of my transportation/money issues. Yay now that im out on my own I am not gonna miss out! x3 anyways... I am really thinking about going a Cheren thanx Mr Tea! However I really need to learn how to do eye makeup ( yes,... i am an artist who sux at doing makeup!!!! ) I feel like I absolutely need to have the asian eyelid thing. I have very white person eyes, lolz. Im german, english, and scandinavian descended I have a folded upper-lid rather than the desired monolid in order to apply the " asian eyeliner" effect. My eyelids are just too big for applying thick liner. Also I have very blue eyes that totally throw everything off. Idk if I need brown contacts to be Cheren though :/ I have heard of some strange tips to create a monolid like an eyelid crease glue, white eyeshadow, and turning eyelids out then folding them in :O but I wanna hear if anyone here has their own safer sounding tricks! I have googled a little and so far some of the tricks just do not work :/ So if anyone has any suggestions, great links, or amazing secret make up tricks lemme know! ^-^

Here are some pictures of my giamongus eyelids! LOLZ I honestly think I have dolphin eyes... x3
**** f.y.i. my eyebrows and hair are professionally colored in case ppl are wondering why they are reddish/purple.

IMG_2821.jpg

IMG_2830.jpg

IMG_2836.jpg

thankx for viewing!!!!!

Cheren is a boy and doesn't wear make-up. A girl cosplaying as a guy, unless it's one of those effeminate men that you anime fangirls swoon over, shouldn't have to have a female touch to him. Do what you can without looking obvious. Contact lenses help, I suppose. You can give your face a flat, airbrushed look -the character is make-believe anyway and cosplay is all about the illusion of being someone else. But don't overdo anything. Don't spend money and time you don't have on trying to look like someone that isn't even real. Cosplaying is a rabbit hole that runs deep.

lol thankx but I really feel like slight asian look to my eyes is needed, I dont plan on like dramatic winged eyeliner or any of that eyeshadow crud. Just liner! Hey hey now, a lot of nerdy girls my size totally pull of guy characters! :p I went as Link and Ash for Halloween but my friends did my makeup... darn too bad I moved. To me, Cheren's eyes look slightly asian and thats what I need, thats how I imagine him as so thats how imma go. Especially since the way my boring eyes look I kinda need something to bolden my eyes. When I cosplay- I go all out. I have enough money to throw around now that im working 6 days a week for 9 hrs a day, I just saying above I couldnt go in the past. Yeah, cosplay can be expensive though but being on my own and stable I cant wait to start cosplaying! I have 2 weeks vacation time built up im using totally for the weeks- weekend of Acon for costume building! ^-^ Hopefully someone here has a nifty eye trick... :/ Some lady at Sally's told me eye glue is great for big lids like me but sounds scary to use...

heres a link of a chick who pulled it off pretty great with the eyeliner thingy! Darn if only I was asain... lol http://pokecosplay.tumblr.com/post/1260889675/10-10-03-07-51-10-2

Pretty sure Photoshop enhanced every one of her features. I do this for people who want portraiture taken even though I don't like displacing a woman's natural looks for the sake of making other people admire them. You'll never look that good unless someone processes a picture.

For your make-up, go nuts: http://beauty.about.com/od/makeuptrickstips/qt/eyeshadows.htm

Back