General Ash's Pokémon Discussion

danh19

Aspiring Trainer
My favourite Pokémon of Ash's in each region:
kanto

Pikachu from the very first episode I loved it's personality and they way they set his and ash's bond up

Charizard I really liked how it was introduced and having it evolve into this dick Pokémon was interesting then coming around and becoming loyal to ash again prove himself over and over again

pidgeot I really liked it's personality I just wish they did more with it rather than just dropping pidgeot

johto

bayleef I loved it's personality and it's pretty unusual crush on ash and her never give up attitude

heracross I loved it's uniqueness with it's lack of concentration when it came to bulbasaur but it being generally strong

hoenn

sceptile was the only real one I really got behind In hoenn with it's personality and its ability in battle

sinnoh

starapter I found it to be by far ash's most powerful bird Pokémon in it's consistency and with a pretty good personality and move set

torrterra I loved it's personality and felt they could have done something really unique with it's lack of speed but instead messed it up

infernape I loved it's character arc with the abuse storyline combined with the fact it was ash's strongest sinnoh Pokémon

unova

I loved snivy's personality and I felt it had a good chance of being one of ash's best battlers if handled right

leavanny I felt she had a really unique personality taking on this sort of motherly role

kalos

greninja I loved it's personality and it's fighting skill but I felt its exit was poor

My favourite Pokémon of all:
theirs a few Pokémon I really like but for me it has to be infernape because he had the best character arc with the Paul abuse ash's adopting and his ptsd he had incredible determination to prove his self to Paul finally doing so in their final battle giving the final touches for Paul to admit that ash is a pretty good trainer and maybe theirs a compromise between their two styles if it wasn't for infernape the ash Paul rivalry wouldn't have worked so well

Does everyone think Torterra was weak?
in my opinion I felt that rather than being weak torterra was unfortunate to go up against some highly skilled trainers where he put up some pretty big fights against them the problem was more the writers not really thinking about the fact torterra wouldn't have it's strength shown to the full because of this when really they should have allowed torterra some time to show it's ability

I would love to here what you think

My ideal team of Ash's Pokémon:
I would choose a mix of different types as well as Pokémon that proved their self's to be strong

Charizard he has pure power as has been shown in battle many times

snorlax he can a lot of hit's with out taking damage as well as land a powerful attack

heracross he can also take a lot of hits as well as being powerful

sceptile is fast as well as strong proving his self in battle many times

Pikachu his proven his self in battle more than once

greninja is arguably ash's strongest water type already proving his self in battle

Last edited by a moderator:
Back