Pokemon Ash's Pikachu IV Counting

safariblade

Video Gamer
Advanced Member
RE: Ash's Pikachu

This is EP 66
That is still the Indigo Leauge.

The Orange Islands don't start until like EP 90 or something.
Check bulbapedia for all the info.

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03

BES..they just showed it out of order for xmas i think..same w the jynx episode. it's like..a look back remembering what happened (altho we just saw it for the first time, it happened sometime before the evolution)

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

...huh???
So if THAT is episode 66 in the Indigo League, what is this??
http://pokemonepisode.org/episode-66-snow-way-out/

I am completely confused...

OH I think I get it...
The numbers in the English series are a couple numbers off due to the banned episodes. Therefore, the episode numbers I have will be a little off with the English series as I am including the banned Japanese episodes.
Does that clear this up?

123wert50

Back.

JS, but when you get to D/P watching the show will get really, REALLY boring. B/W is kinda entertaining.

Emperor_Gaius

Formerly mlouden03

That is episode 66..but its out of order in terms of continuity.

it was supposed to be episode 40..but was rescheduled due to the porygon ep.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Snow_Way_Out!

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of

ya i hope you dont have to sit through DPP. i have found (from what i have seen) to be really boring. i think it was just that everything was old (by that i mean not entertaining any more). brock was old and his stuff wasnt funny (heck...it wasnt funny the fourth time they did it...seriously anything that its a girl he falls for my god man lol). dawn wasnt bad but it wasnt the best female part (misty was best by far). team rocket...where do i start. dang they became so unoriginal...ALTHOUGH when it was an episode about them it was usually good. when james lost chimecho was good. they actually got the good old emotion going in that one. but EVERYTIME they poped up we knew what was gonna happen. pikachu and ____ would get captured...they would get away for the most part...then somthing really impractical would happen/new friend would help and then they would get pikachu and they would blast away. they need to do an episode where they actually win. an episode where they get pikachu for an extended amount of time and maybe even get him to giovanni. i would feel real bad if this project went that far.

pkmmaster

Battle Master

Didn't find DP boring at all. Brock is brock you can't change a characters personality after so long. How can dawn be an unoriginal character dawn and may are two completely different personas may seemed more tomboyish while dawn was more the girly girl and contests seemed amped up with combos and double battles

catutie

Ahhhhh back.....er....kind of

^yes...but 4 seasons of brock being brock gets boring. sure they had different personalities but the part was getting stale. sure its just my opinion but probably over half of that series was filler. it was rare seeing them do somthing related to the game and then they just made up things (like the bird ring wind thing lol. you had to use a pokemon that could fly and use it to grab a ring out of the air and put it on a hook and you win.). it just seemed like they were just waisting time.

pkmmaster

Battle Master

But if different things wernt brought to the table ie. The ring game the series would have died long ago becouse every season would be the same ash battles for badge collect all eight and fights in league championships that would make the series pretty boring. At least it is broken up telling two stories as well they learn from each other wich helps each of them advance in their battle skills but you are probably right on the filler episodes but that just leaves more room for this project to be completed

J

Juliacoolo

Back to discussion on Ash's Pikachu please. Discussing other aspects of the anime can be done in the designated thread.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

Back to discussion on Ash's Pikachu please. Discussing other aspects of the anime can be done in the designated thread.
You're right, thank you. :)

Although Black and White will be released tomorrow and I will be completely addicted for months, this will not slow down my project. I've been very busy today but should continue the grind soon.

pkmmaster

Battle Master

Than disscuss.

but that just leaves more room for this project to be completed

so technically there was discussion of ashs pikachu.

BlueEyedSteelix

Steelix Bait

Yes, I have. I went back and re-watched some episodes where a questionable EV was earned. I did this to confirm what I have so far.

I've also been distracted with Pokemon White. However, I should be on track once again soon! :)

scizorlicious

Now with one fewer 's'

^Which EV was questionable? And why was it?
Relatedly, do you have specific criteria for Pikachu to gain EVs?

Elk-Dimension

u elkcom hangl man

I believe he is considering it when Pikachu is involved in a battle in which the opponent eventually ends up with spiraled-eyes. That's how I would do it, at least, since a Pokemon gains EVs whenever they gan EXP.

pkmmaster

Battle Master

I believe he is considering it when Pikachu is involved in a battle in which the opponent eventually ends up with spiraled-eyes. That's how I would do it, at least, since a Pokemon gains EVs whenever they gan EXP.
there is an episode in the orange islands pinkin island to be exact Pikachu engages with a nedoking but nedoking does not get spiraled eyes till after Officer jenny spins it up in a rope by driving around it in her jeep. Does this count as a faint as well if you only look for spiral eyes than blains rydon can not be used thus throwing off the EV count.

Pikachu6319

Scooby

Not to mess things up here, but isn't Thunderbolt a special attack? Shouldn't that mean that every attack IV that resulted from Thunderbolt should be Special Attack?

Hot N' Spicy

^

The EVs earned from battles have nothing to do with moves used. There are preordained EV yields for each Pokemon.