Pokemon Ash's Pikachu IV Counting

RE: Ash's Pikachu

it changed from gen 2 to gen 3 onward
Ah, ok. I knew that there was a change there, but I thought Benny was talking about a change from Generation 4 to 5.

Honestly, I did consider doing something like that coming into the project, Benny. However, with the way EVs worked back then, I don't think that I would ever finish. The max EVs for each stat is insanely high compared to what it is now. Also, Ash's Pikachu was given away in Generation 4. Therefore, I think that using today's EVs on Pikachu is still equivalent. When the project is over, Pikachu will still be a perfect replica.

Yeah... I just thought about it again. Since beginning in Gen III they put a cap on the evs at 510, using a different system just because the anime took place in another generation really isn't feasible.

Yeah... I just thought about it again. Since beginning in Gen III they put a cap on the evs at 510, using a different system just because the anime took place in another generation really isn't feasible.
I agree. To me, it just seems a lot less thought out in terms of how it actually works in the games. I mean seriously, you need a TON of EVs to max out a stat. I'm sure at the time they thought it would just be more in-depth, but I definitely think that the new EV system makes a ton more sense.

Thank you though for bringing this up. I'm sure there were other people wondering this too. :)

Been trying to keep upwith ya but i don't have much time to go threw episodes so i blasted threw the rest of season one this past weekend and if we are on the same page you should end up with 137 total ev's by the end of the season. wich only means this probably will take till Sinnoh

^lol...that would be terrable...or maybe he wont even be done by then...it will carry over to BW series lol

Yeah I think it might carry over to BW. You have to remember pikachu got a huge boost in IVs from frying 40-some spearow in the first episode, so the number for the first season is gonna be pretty high comparitively.

Been trying to keep upwith ya but i don't have much time to go threw episodes so i blasted threw the rest of season one this past weekend and if we are on the same page you should end up with 137 total ev's by the end of the season. wich only means this probably will take till Sinnoh
Excellent! I know for a fact that my numbers are and will continue to be correct. I've been seriously thinking about each decision that's really needed to be thought about. Plenty of Pikachu's killings are obvious, but others you really need to break down.
This very well could take me to Sinnoh!

Great I was really unsure about rydon in blains gym but decided to include it looks like we are on the same page. :)

Cool im doing the same thing
What were your total ev's for season one and how far are you in the series?

USC starts at the end of August, around the time when there's a lot of Pokemon news. That may be the best time to decide - I don't know yet. I will do everything I can to keep this site running while devoting myself to USC; however, the latter will be more important.
Guess this needs to be compleated by aug. so that allthe info can be out there incase of a shutdown of the site

^its going by pretty quick. im surprised that your already at 63

^its going by pretty quick. im surprised that your already at 63
I myself have compleated season one just waiting for a confermation check on the EVs was thinking about hitting up season 2 tonight.

Wow 7 episodes into the orange league and no EV gains although the last episode "the crystal onix" was close will have to let me know what you think didn't look like a faint against arbok
/victorybell. The thing that also sucks is that gym battles aren't gym battles but battles of skill, i think this season will be really low on the EV count.

Back