Ash, is he getting worse as a trainer???

Lots of kids, my 5 & 7 year old for instance, have *just* started watching the show for the first time. The information on the pokedex and whatnot is useful for them and they don't mind him making the same mistakes over and over ... yet. In a way it introduces the kids to weakness, resistance, and whatnot between the types.

Me on the other hand ... I loose a little respect for Ash every time I see him mess up again ... "Oh no! I forgot!" Ash *should* not be making those mistakes by now. I would much rather see Ash start to use a bad maneuver and then correct himself. Then Brok could say something like, "Good call, that ghost type would have been immune to a fighting move."

The pokedex botheres me a bit, but not as much as the mistakes thing. I think that they need to have Ash's companions bring it out ... and then he could add some personal observation or simply be exicted if it's one he hasn't heard of before.

Pikachu need to just go ahead and evolve too. It's long past time.

Ash has absolutley no clue what he's doing. He uses normal type attacks on ghosts. Uses normal Pokemon on steel types. Has a Pikachu that has the power of a lv 80 and stamina of a level 13. Never trains his pokemon to actual try and evolve them. Only survives because of dumbluck. Max would be a 10x stronger trainer then him (even without Pokemon!) It's sad, and he never sees how people really feel. He's had atleast 7 girls admire him (1 he didn't know she was a girl)

yes, not only does he not chose his Pokemon correctly, but he always manages to win in some unseen way, that is in no means copyable(for lack of a better word) in the games.

Ash, Ash, Ash...so many years of Pokemon training, and actually having Pokemon all around you, and you still haven't mastered the types and what not. I know most types match-ups, and it took me a short time to memorize everything. MUCH less time than you.

And yes, Ash is so annoying when he pulls out a Pokedex for every Pokemon. I remember there was this Pokemon in Advance: Battle that he saw, like, twice before, and he still pulls out a Pokedex. Maybe he is annoying, or maybe he knows he's on world-wide television and he's trying to show any young kids that are watching the things that he knows, and also show the people who missed the episode(s) where they previously explained that Pokemon. I mean, Meowth knows they're on a show and in movies. And in Pokemon 3: The Movie, One of them from Team Rocket (I forgot who) mentions losing their jobs if Ash dies, on that part when they prevented him from falling down the crystal tower. So they all know they're just cartoon characters. Maybe Ash knows that some people missed the episode on, say, Azumarill, so he pulls out his Pokedex again anyway.

And as said on the first page somewhere, maybe Pikachu should evolve. By now, he should be about...*counts* five and a half, or near six, if you're in Japan. And since Pokemon are like animals (besides humans), they mature VERY quickly, and Pikachu should have a better mind than when he denied evolution at the age of three. He should know all about evolution by now, and he should evolve. If he wants power, that is. But maybe he's trying to prove that he doesn't need to be evolved to be super-strong. We don't know. But if we're bringing up this issue about Pikachu's evolution, how come nobody mentions Bulbasaur? He refused to evolve, as well.

^Pikachu chose not to evolve. Ash had this thunderstone and pikachu did not want to use it if I remember correctly. Pikachu is perfectly capable of evolving but chose to stay as a pikachu. I suppose really Ash cared more about how his pokemon felt than trying to gain more power by evolving them. Pikachu is not really like Ash's caterpie who really wanted to become a butterfree.
But I do wish some of Ash's pokemon would evolve. I am predicting that his aipom will evolve. Why else would catch it just before d/p series was starting?

Ash may seem a little nuts at times, But he knows his pokemon well enough, and he pushes them when they need to be pushed. He may not be the best trainer, but he gives it all he's got and he has great relationships with his pokemon.

Ok. [rant]The show is getting so boring. I say they should throw out Ash and the season and start a completely new season with a new main character then mistakes and all that are understood. Or they could have him use older pokemon and rotate them from time to time and make him smarter not than what he did in Destiny Deoxys where he send Torkoal out against Blaziken and a Blastoise(Both bad combos) and with the whole "Oh I forgot Ghost Pokemon aren't affected by Fighting and Normal moves" (The Scheme Team and Gathering the Gang of Four) it's just pitiful.[/rant]

He has a good potential on training but he is quite stupid to not let his other pokémon evolve but he has a great love to pokemon which let's him be a good trainer...

beautiful swablu said:
pokemon dont need love.they are just tools for battling and gaining money
how very cruel.you should apologise.yes i hope somebody gets a magmortar.sorry for off topic.anyways,ash should stop it.he says"i forgot that normal types dont affect ghost types!"nearly every episode there is a ghost type.anyhow,he dumps his pokemon like cyndaquil(crys because when honestly answering PMD pesonnallity test gotr cyndaquil)yet keeps his filthy plug rodent!how very mean:(.

^What!? Hang on, I dont remember saying that!? Where did that quote come from? Please show me where I said that and then I will apologise.

Lou Cypher said:
A bigger problem to me is this. Pikachu defeats a Regice, yet gets a draw against an ELEKID. And two days later it beats an Onix.

Ash however has skills. Else he wouldn't conquer Battle Frontier.

I think the WORST case of that is when his Pikachu KNOCKED OUT a STEELIX with IRON TAIL.

GODZILLA said:
Lou Cypher said:
A bigger problem to me is this. Pikachu defeats a Regice, yet gets a draw against an ELEKID. And two days later it beats an Onix.

Ash however has skills. Else he wouldn't conquer Battle Frontier.

I think the WORST case of that is when his Pikachu KNOCKED OUT a STEELIX with IRON TAIL.

Are you sure it didn't get a +6 attack boost from baton pass, was wearing choiceband, had max IVs and EVs, had a beneficial attack nature, steelix had a mild nature, had no IVs and EVs in defence, had a -6 defence drop, and another pokemon used helping hand on pikachu?

Actually, that still wouldn't do it would it? :[

Of couse it's the writer's fault man I even get bored watching the same mistake happen over and over again!!!

About the pokedex thing do you notice that what the pokedex is saying about the pokemon changes with each time he uses it meaning the meaning the information on that pokemon has advanced to the next level so he is really learning more by whiping out his pokedex at each pokemon he spots:cool:

^Not really. I don't think like that at all. Do you really think that if that was all I was interested in my favourite pokemon would be one like swablu? I LOVE my little swabby. I almost cried at the end of "true blue swablu" and I am not afraid to admit it! (May could have caught that swablu!) You have got me completely wrong.
Anyhow, this is WAY OFF-TOPIC!
Back on-topic I think the most stupid Ash battle moment IMO is the charizard against dusclops battle. There is no way that after all this time he should forget stuff like this. That is basic knowledge. If you battle as often as Ash does then this fact should have gotten stuck in his brain by now. Maybe it is something in the kanto air that makes him forgetful?

_
/ .. \    - ash when he sees a Muk for the 8th time and goes "OMG a strange blob! Pokedex to the rescue!" I think Ash has short term memory loss.
\ o  /

i personally loath ash completeley i think he kinda lowered the popularity of pokemon alot.

I swear to god my most hated thing about him is how his pikachu must be lvl.1,0000000000 by now yet it has trouble beating even the most common pokemon take taillow from 3rd Generation.

I agree that his skills are pretty bad. But, I think they make it that way for people who haven't seen the show before (With the Pokedex). As for the skills, idk... maybe its supposed to boost little kids esteem by having them say "oh, i wouldve done that."

Back