Artist Review: Kagemaru Hinemo

bass_forte

ANet FTW.
An amazing artist, and my favourite. Kagemaru Hinemo has been around since Base Set (I believe) Jungle; his earliest work I know of is the Pidgeot that returns Pokemon to your opponent's hand. His current style has soft shading and amazing lighting, often a circle(?) of light or water dappling, depending on the location.

Some of his works include:
HP Meowth
HP Omanyte
HP Torchic
EM Chimecho
DX Wurmple
RR Kingrda
HL Gorebyss

Personally, his best work is EM Milotic.
008.jpg

I honestly can't find any bad works by him (in his current style)... any suggestions would be welcome.

well, he's indeed a very good artist, his anime-style is great.
and like you, I can't seem to find any bad drawings.

my favourite:
012.jpg

Himeno started doing illustrations in Jungle, not Base set. :p. Yeah, I think his best illustration in his current style is HP Seviper... (Pokebeach has no scan of it) Don't know why, I just like it. And if I looked hard enough, I could probably find a Himeno drawing in his current style that I don't like, (I'm just a regular party pooper. :p) but off the top of my head, nothing comes to mind. However, in his old style, it DETEST this drawing:
kingler.jpg
I never was a fan of Himeno's work until the EX sets. I personally think that's the only time it started getting good. And it did! :)

Back