• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Articuno / Keldeo / Manaphy

flilix

Aspiring Trainer
4 Articuno EX (PS)
4 Keldeo EX (BC)
4 Manaphy (PS)

4 Skyla
4 Cilan
4 Cheren

3 Rocky helmet
3 Eviolite

4 Colress machine
1 Scramble switch ACE SPEC
4 Ultra ball
2 Town map
2 Switch
3 bicycle

10 water energy
4 plasma energy

-1 Articuno EX
-1 Keldeo EX
-1 Manaphy
Too many copies of these.
-4 Cilan
-4 Cheren
Not the best supporter choices.
-1 Skyla. Digging for room, I usually like Sklya.
-3 Rocky Helmet
-2 Town Map. Don't run more then 1 town map, and if you do, be positive there isn't anything else you'd rather have in its place. So, essentially, don't run town map.
-1 Switch. Only run one in case of emergency, you have keldeo as a consistant status out.
-3 Bicycle

+4 Professor Juniper
+4 N
Possibly +2 Colress if you can find room.
+4 Pokemon Catcher. Best card in this format right now.
+3 Squirtle
+3 Blastoise
+3 Rare Candy. Manaphy is a great turn 1 for this deck, but blastoise offers more consistent energy acceleration.
You could bump that line down, but I don't recommend it.

if you're using manaphy as an engine N is a MUST.
also you have no way to put cards in the discard pile besides ultra ball.
you also probably need fliptini as well as a couple level ball and a sigilyph counter

Violetwisp said:
-1 Articuno EX
-1 Keldeo EX
-1 Manaphy
Too many copies of these.
-4 Cilan
-4 Cheren
Not the best supporter choices.
-1 Skyla. Digging for room, I usually like Sklya.
-3 Rocky Helmet
-2 Town Map. Don't run more then 1 town map, and if you do, be positive there isn't anything else you'd rather have in its place. So, essentially, don't run town map.
-1 Switch. Only run one in case of emergency, you have keldeo as a consistant status out.
-3 Bicycle

+4 Professor Juniper
+4 N
Possibly +2 Colress if you can find room.
+4 Pokemon Catcher. Best card in this format right now.
+3 Squirtle
+3 Blastoise
+3 Rare Candy. Manaphy is a great turn 1 for this deck, but blastoise offers more consistent energy acceleration.
You could bump that line down, but I don't recommend it.
Thanks. I've forgot catcher.
But rocky helmet can be handy for the beginning.

I didn't say blastoise is better than manaphy, I said Blastoise was more consistent. I actually think they work very well together, considering that Blastoise decks Never have a turn one, and Manaphy has an amazing turn one.
Imagine this, start manaphy, buy the end of turn 1 have at least two water in the discard and a benched KeldeoEX and Squirtle. Turn one charges up Keldeo nearly fully, their turn they either pass, catcher kill squirtle or ko manaphy, giving you anything you need. Turn 2 rare candy to blastoise or set down another squirtle, then focus on charging a new keldeo while attacking with the old one, and just stream keldeo for the rest of the game very easily.

Also, if I can make another suggestion, ArticunoEX is not going to work. Every deck can fairly easily tech in a keldeo or two and that ruins the paralysis lock. The only decks that really can't either are no problem for you anyway (LandorusEX heavy builds) or are problems in other ways (Garbodor builds). It might be a fun deck to use around league, but it's going to be Tier 2.5 at best. Essentially, my suggestions are to make this a blastoise/keldeo build with a few manaphys for a nice energy accelerating/ consistency boosting turn one.

Violetwisp said:
I didn't say blastoise is better than manaphy, I said Blastoise was more consistent. I actually think they work very well together, considering that Blastoise decks Never have a turn one, and Manaphy has an amazing turn one.
Imagine this, start manaphy, buy the end of turn 1 have at least two water in the discard and a benched KeldeoEX and Squirtle. Turn one charges up Keldeo nearly fully, their turn they either pass, catcher kill squirtle or ko manaphy, giving you anything you need. Turn 2 rare candy to blastoise or set down another squirtle, then focus on charging a new keldeo while attacking with the old one, and just stream keldeo for the rest of the game very easily.

Also, if I can make another suggestion, ArticunoEX is not going to work. Every deck can fairly easily tech in a keldeo or two and that ruins the paralysis lock. The only decks that really can't either are no problem for you anyway (LandorusEX heavy builds) or are problems in other ways (Garbodor builds). It might be a fun deck to use around league, but it's going to be Tier 2.5 at best. Essentially, my suggestions are to make this a blastoise/keldeo build with a few manaphys for a nice energy accelerating/ consistency boosting turn one.
Yeah, it isn't a good deck, but it's just for fun. And i like Articuno (not the card, just the pokemon.)

Back