Articuno/Garbodor: What Should I do Against Klinklang?

Pell_

Aspire to show up.
Not sure if this belongs here.

Should I accept the unfavorable matchup to Klinklang, or is there a tech I can use?

RE: Articuno/Garbodor question

Remember that all specific advice questions that aren't decklists go in the BW-On Competitive Play Forum. Moving it there now.

Well garbodor shuts down klinklang. Soo that helps. As far as the weakness goes... Maybe you can tech in a colorless attacker such as tornadus EX or boufflanat.
perhaps a Keldeo 47 to help as well.

I thought about using my Tornadus EPO.

But honestly, if they're trapped in Paralock with no Keldeo bailing them out... What's really my worry? As long as I paralock, they have to wait a turn to attack me, or burn 2 switches.

I dunno. I feel the only real issue is Cobalion-EX getting rid of my Plasmas, and Cobalion NVI hitting REALLY hard.

Cobalion hits really hard, but he probably won't attack that much with the paralyze lock. I think if your list is consistent enough, you should outspeed them easily. They don't have energy acceleration either.

Because you run Garbodor, that opens up the option to use Victinit EX to counter it. Victini is also a crazy good starter.

My friend is going to play this deck for states... Do you mind sharing your list with me so I can help him? Also, the Baby Poney is a good idea, also the tornadus if it is usesd correctly.

I cannot share my list this close to states, but I can give a Skeleton.

3 Trubbish
3 Garbodor
3 Articuno

4 N
4 Juniper
2 Skyla
1 Colress

3 Rescue Scarf
3 Giant Cape
4 Pokémon Catcher
3 Colress MCHN
1 Scramble Switch/Dowsing MCHN
2 Ultra Ball

10 Water Energy
4 Plasma Energy

From that, you should be able to fill out your list. I actually decided to run a few Hammers to slow down the opponent, and a couple of Energy Search to help get that T3 Frost Prison. Also considering putting Recycles in to get Plasma Energy back. This deck is going to be SO much better when Plasma Freeze is out and we get Plasma Ball, Ghetsis, and Shadow Triad.

Oh so I should keep my multiple Articunos then XD Thanks a bunch! Just what we needed!

What do you think about adding Baby Poneys or Tornadus' in this list while adding DCE's to help with the klingklang matchup? Would that help? I think you would have to have x2 of them or one of each, because if you have it prized then you don't have much... ;/

I thought about techs like pony and Tornadus, but ultimately decided on just adding Hammers; 4 Crushing, 1 Enhanced.

Just to try to help you guys out I've been testing this Articuno/Garbodor on PTCGO and Kyurem NVI is a really good tech, because he can help soften things up for Blizzard and another strategy you can do with Kyurem is you can catcher 3 different ex on your opponents field and do 160 to them with frost prison, and then you can Scramble Switch onto Kyurem and you can kill 3 ex with that strategy.

So, what abut something like:
9 POKEMON
3 Articuno EX
3-3 Garbodor (Garbotoxin)

39 T/S/S
4 Juniper
4 N
4 Skyla
4 Colress Machine
4 Switch
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
1 Scramble Switch
2 Virbank City Gym
2 Ultra Ball
3 Rescue Scarf
3 Giant Cape

12 ENERGY
8 Water
4 Plasma Energy

My friend Really likes Articuno EX, so I'm trying to build a list for him to work with. Does this sound about right?

Do not use Hypnobank. It just messes up math. You need early disruption to get set up in time. Put hammers in over that. 4 crushing, 1 Enchanced, plus an escape rope should be right.

You also don't NEED 4 Skyla, but you do NEED either more energy or some recycles. Also, you only need 3 Colress MCHN to 4 energy.

Here's my suggestions:

-2 Skyla
-1 Colress MCHN
-4 Hypnotoxic Laser
-2 Virbank City Gym

+3/4 Crushing Hammer
+1 Enhanced Hammer
+2 Recycle
+1 Colress
(+1 Escape Rope)

Re: RE: Articuno/Garbodor: What should I do against Klinklang?

Puff-Sun said:
PellOfTheTundra said:
Victini requires a second type of energy. Not gonna happen.

2 words: Victory Piece.

Two words: wasted AceSpec.

Seriously. When an Articuno is about to die, what are you going to do? Nothing. You can't easily set up a second, so you're screwed. Scramble Switch is a must.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2

What is the strategy behind this deck? its interesting, and i would like the build it, but i dont know outlining strategy.

Back