Matryoshka

Hi, I'm a scrub
Battle Roads:

1. Burnsville, MN: 7th place with Mewbox, 2-2
2. Lauderhill, FL: 5th place with Mewbox, 2-2
3. Davie, FL: 3rd place with Quad Terrakion, 3-1
4. Lauderhill, FL: 4th place with Quad Terrakion, 2-1
5. Pembroke Pines, FL: 4th place with Quad Terrakion, 2-1

If you haven't noticed, I was in two different states for two different Battle Roads in the first run. I was in transition from moving back to Florida, so I didn't really have that much time to get used to the format or go to that many tournaments. Still sort of disappointing, but whatever, it's just BRs.

The second run was just for fun. I knew I wasn't in it for Championship points, because I didn't have enough to make it to worlds. I played one of my favorite decks, Quad Terrakion. My loss in the first BR was against quad Kyurem, in Lauderhill it was against Eels because I couldn't draw much, and in Pembroke Pines I lost to Moltres/Reshiram. Yup. I started crap, and he used Moltres's first attack eventually, doing 50 damage, and 20 more for my burn flip. I flipped another tails going out of my turn, so that was game. My next topdeck was a Juniper, which would've saved me from my terrible hand. What a way to end my BR season.

Cities:

1. Davie, FL: 4th place with Zekrom/Eels, 3-1
2. Coral Springs, FL: 6th place with Vanilluxe, 2-2
3. Pompano Beach, FL: 5th place with 6 corners, 3-1
4. Lauderhill, FL: 9th place with 6 Corners, 3-2

I started off cities strong with Zekeels. I felt like it wasn't the play though. I switched to Vanilluxe. Bad idea! I played against 6 corners and Durant, two of my worst matchups. I decided that 6 Corners might be a better play. Right, but I bubbled one event and misplayed horribly at the other.

States:

1. Orlando, FL: 3rd place with Landorus/Terrakion, 6-1 Swiss, 8-2 overall

I finally felt like I was improving. Landorus/Terrakion was a near autowin against most of the decks I played against, so I ran hot, making first seed at 6-1. Unfortunately, the Top 16 was to be held the same day! I won 2-0 against a weird 6 Corners-type rogue, with Terrakion, Landorus, Virizion, and Reshiram, and against a Zekeel. I lost in T4 against the deck I was made to beat, due to finally drawing dead hands, and lack of energy. I told myself, Super Rod for what I need, then Dual Ball. I played Dual Ball first, getting ahead of myself.

Regionals:

1. Orlando, FL: 8th place with ZPST, 5-1 Swiss, 5-2 overall
2. Madison, WI: 1st place with Zekeels, 5-1 Swiss, 8-1 overall

I was extremely confident in my first Regionals deck, ZPST. I ran Defender, a great tech for way too many matchups, but right away I got lucksacked against a ZPST without defender. I won out, however, and barely made the Top 8. I lost to the only Gothitelle/Reuniclus there, unfortunately, ending my run.

Wisconsin Regionals had to be my best event. I ran hot in swiss, lost to mirror, then BARELY got past Top 8 because of time being called. Top 4 was really close too, I had to play against Reshiram/Typhlosion, which apparently beats my deck. I showed him my Zekrom EX, and just swept with it. My last game was against future National Champion Ty Wheeler, with the same deck as mine but with Tornadus. He misplayed, and went for my Eels too much instead of my main attackers, which just sat there being manually attached to. A combination of N and Mewtwo won me the second game, giving me a free trip to Nationals, which I otherwise wouldn't have gotten!

Nationals:

1. Indianapolis, IN: 92nd place with Zekrom/Eel/Terrakion, 5-4

The first day I was alright, ending at 4-1 with byes. I only lost once because of my own mistake, and the other two wins I was able to recover from my bad luck. My dead hand streaks continued all throughout Day 2, leaving me at a depressing 5-4 record overall.

Championship Points: 25

Not the best, but hey, I have definitely improved since last season!