Are These Cards Real or Fake?

RE: Are these cards real or fake?

The-Kaiser said:
keep us posted if they do anything

They didnt do anything when i did the same awhile ago, far as i know but the seller stopped selling them awile ago so maybe they did.

i will. i bought these from a local store. sealed "10 card" packs.
looked this like

dark-explorers-2-booster-box-500x500.jpg

dug through my trash. here are what the packs looks liked. i cut the top off with scissors, but they were sealed just like the bottom. 4 different fronts images on the packs(others in trash still).ripping open the top gave me a flashback before i grabbed the scissors.

So very fake they couldnt spell bonus right =/

what kind of Store are these from?

cus any pack of Pokemon TCG under 3$ is usually fake =/

Yeah, the typos on the packaging also definitely give away the cards away as fake.

PokeChimpo said:
I never buy packs unless they're from an actual store like Walmart or Target that has sealed packs or Pokémon sealed boxes. Same with card shops. I never buy online unless it's a high rep seller on Ebay or its a seller like TnT. People need to think about who and where they buy from.

Fakes aren't very hard to identify, but if you see cards and you're unsure don't do it!

I never buy from Target/Wal-Mart, they charge far too much. Here in Canada they charge 5.97 plus tax for a booster pack. Sometimes 4.97.

I pay $3 for mine from a card shop. I checked they are an actually dealer from a Pokemon USA distributor. And I order through them whenever I want something. Heck, he gave me like 10 free bonus codes and a Red Genesect box. I only buy booster boxes.

Stay away from big box retailers. Learn to build trust with small business owners and pay WAY cheaper. For just about everything in life... Wal-Mart didn't kill mom/pop shops, they just convinced the public that they sell the cheapest and people believe it.

And those packs above... brutally fake. Good that you followed up with Pokemon USA.

Yep my local card shop gives me sweet deals and even free stack of tcgo cards once :)
and they sell soda cans at 75 cents a piece. :)

I stopped shopping at Walmart years ago and Target i only get the check-lane blisters there

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

i seen someone had a jungle pinsir with an ink error. so i looked through mine and found this.
i have 1 with no jungle
1 with a jungle
and 1 with a faded jungle symol

RE: *** Card Errors Database *** (Provide a Picture When Reporting Errors - no misprints)

A friend got a card, but, it didn't have anything on it, just the Yellow contour and where the information of the card was supposed to be (image,stats,attacks,retreat cost,weakness,resistance), well, it was all white....
Does that count?

What part of Provide a Picture isnt clear and understood? =/

Target has also been known to sell fake cards repackaged by a third party - not often, but sometimes. If you choose to shop from Target, know what the genuine article looks like so you can identify them.

fake

Hello, my husband and I were looking through his Pokemon card set and we found a misspelling in a Luxio card.

Instead of spelling Thunder Fang, the card spells out Thuuder Fang. We don't know if this is a fake or not and we cannot find any history on this misspelling.

Does anybody know about this?

Can you post a picture or scan?

card looks fake to me where did you get it?

^ My husband had it mixed with some other cards and we started looking through them when we found that one. He says he bought the package with cards in a Walmart in Texas.

fake

Definitely fake. "Fasten Claws" and "Thuuder Fang" are different sized fonts, and the damage numbers aren't bolded. "Shinx" isn't capitalized in the evolution line. There are probably more signs, but those are the ones that stand out to me, just from looking at your photo.

cadaveres said:
^ My husband had it mixed with some other cards and we started looking through them when we found that one. He says he bought the package with cards in a Walmart in Texas.

Well i've heard very very rarely fake packs being bought and repacked and sold by third party retailers in Walmart and Target

That card looks a lot like the cards I got from Thailand. Those came in a deck kinda box though. Same spelling mistakes, same font etc.

Athena said:
Definitely fake. "Fasten Claws" and "Thuuder Fang" are different sized fonts, and the damage numbers aren't bolded. "Shinx" isn't capitalized in the evolution line. There are probably more signs, but those are the ones that stand out to me, just from looking at your photo.

Look at the differences in the energy symbols.

cadaveres said:

52-luxio.jpg

Back