Are These Cards Real or Fake?

Rally

Aspiring Trainer
I started this thread to ask a question, and if it helps anyone else, you can ask a question and get a response. There are many ways to tell if a card is real or fake. For example:

1. Outrageous HP or Attack damage.
2. Bad positioning and attack font is wrong.
3. Doesn't compare to Pokebeach scans.
4. Easily tearable (last resort) or has a print plastered on cardboard.

Ask questions about if you have a real or fake card.

evilpacman

Voltorb Collector
RE: Real or Fake Thread (Help)

That Amphy looks like the one I've got in Japanese. It looks real to me. The Charizard probably is too.

Hydro Cannon

Just a random dood

I believe that's how the old JPN cards were printed. Look fine to me on first glance

Rally

Aspiring Trainer

Hydro Cannon said:
I believe that's how the old JPN cards were printed. Look fine to me on first glance

Thanks for the help. I thought they were the old Japaneese cards. However, the Ampharos has the front peeling off, and it's pretty bad. Does anyone know how much that would impact the price?

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member

Suitcune said:
Hydro Cannon said:

Thanks for the help. I thought they were the old Japanese cards. However, the Ampharos has the front peeling off, and it's pretty bad. Does anyone know how much that would impact the price?

In that condition they have no value.

ashtavakra

Overlord
RE: Are these cards real or fake?

they have no value whatsoever in that bad of condition..

I will tell you that is Dark Ampharos from Neo Destiny, the other is Dark Charizard from Team Rocket the 4th set to ever be released.
Both are normally not worth a lot of money any how, you I'm sure you can find either in mint condition for around $5 each first ed online.
If you have any questions on any older cards let me know, that is my favorite era of pokemon. :)

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer

Japanese cards came with a holo in every pack, so they are much more common. I've bought some japanese holos for like 1,5-2 dollars in near mint to mint condition, and even thought I think Dark charizard is a bit more worth I don't think anyone would pay to get it in such bad condition :/

Rally

Aspiring Trainer

omahanime said:
Suitcune said:
Thanks for the help. I thought they were the old Japanese cards. However, the Ampharos has the front peeling off, and it's pretty bad. Does anyone know how much that would impact the price?

In that condition they have no value.

Thanks for the help on these cards. I did not know, I thought they were super rare or something.

ashtavakra

Overlord

Videoland said:
Japanese cards came with a holo in every pack, so they are much more common. I've bought some japanese holos for like 1,5-2 dollars in near mint to mint condition, and even thought I think Dark charizard is a bit more worth I don't think anyone would pay to get it in such bad condition :/

Idk where you got that.
In the Neo age not all Star rarities were holographic.
Don't spread incorrect information, that is unhealthy.

Dark Charizard Japanese in mint can be bought on ebay for $5.99.

Anyways, if you get more cards you have questions on to the OP, let me know.
I love the old cards, miss those days.

Binx345

Verified Seller

I remember buying Japanese packs, lots of Japanese packs and then boxes.

Base Japanese cards had 1 Rare in the pack. It was either holo rare or non-holo rare. Odds were 1 in 3 packs was a holo (much like the English version of the card game was based on)

Jungle- Neo 4 (or even onward through the diamond pearl era)-- Packs had 1 rare holo OR EX/shiny/LV X/etc AND in some sets 1 non-holo rare. Jungle only had a holo rare (no Japanese non-holo cards were made). Neo sets had 1 holo and 1 nonholo, so 2 rares per pack.

So videoland knew what they were talking about. Hope this clarifies.

Videoland

Aspiring Trainer

ashtavakra said:
Videoland said:

Idk where you got that.
In the Neo age not all Star rarities were holographic.
Don't spread incorrect information, that is unhealthy.

Dark Charizard Japanese in mint can be bought on ebay for $5.99.

Anyways, if you get more cards you have questions on to the OP, let me know.
I love the old cards, miss those days.

I've watched many of japanese openings, including NEO sets, and pretty much every set except Base set comes with holos in every pack. BW packs have 50% holo chance (some replaced by ultra rares) because they are essentially half packs.

Some japanese packs come with a rare AND a holo just like Binx345 said.

ashtavakra

Overlord

yeah, it had been many years since I had opened any packs. that is my bad and apologies sent forth.

nvrBungeeJumped

I think I'm evil!

My Stack:
APEHEf0l.jpg

Break down of a fake:
2OjoQT9.jpg

Short Version

Long Version

I started to scan these, and then realized I had way too many and way too little time to do them all in one sitting. I am willing though to post high quality scans of any individual ones anyone would like to see.

Also I would like to see what y'all have found for real fakes.

bagoly14

Collecting is expensive -_-

It's too bad OP said Charizard instead of Lizardon haha

I also find that fakes usually have the energy symbol messed up, it's never quite right and seems out of place.

PKMN TCG

The Brand New Naruto Series!

To tell if a card is fake:
1. Have a torch and the fake card
2. Shine torch behind the fake card
3. If you can see the outline of a pokeball (back of card), your card is most likely fake! (Shine behind card, look at front)
4. If it is fake, oh well...

bagoly14

Lipem said:
3. If you can see the outline of a pokeball (back of card), your card is most likely fake! (Shine behind card, look at front)

I could definitely see someone burning the card by accident doing this haha

Daelum

Climbing the stairs to the top

bagoly14 said:
Lipem said:

I could definitely see someone burning the card by accident doing this haha

Yeah, a torch seems a little extreme. Try a lamp or something electric.

PKMN TCG

The Brand New Naruto Series!

By torch I mean Flashlight... Don't know what you guys call them..

bagoly14

Lipem said:
By torch I mean Flashlight... Don't know what you guys call them..

I know, I'm just pulling your leg haha :p