Are there leagues that play Unlimited?

Shuckle the Snail

VileGar Master
Like because i like playing with the older sets because then you can use like any pokemon card and its soooo cool! So do you think that there are leagues just made for that? I only have 2 leagues around me and they are both 23 miles in different directions which is weird because i live in the heart of San Diego, Ca.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
The league I go to plays unlimited, but generally, most of us play Modified because most of the people at my league are the tournament-winning people who breeze through Battle Roads. Like Goldedda for example.

qnetykz

Q, Team GG's Rogue Squad Leader
League play is generally unlimited, however, you may find that there are a number of people that choose to only play modified because they are gearing up for the tournament season or tournament coming up during the season

me personally, I decided to leave unlimited play alone, it serve no real purpose except to just play a fun game...which there is nothing wrong with that, but for me if I want to play a fun game, I will go back to my old games of choice: DBZ/GT & Epic Battles

I guess what I'm saying, is that being I am buying cards and such, I want them to account for something, not just the prestige to say I have "such-n-such" card(s)

1Pokemon_Master

Aspiring Trainer
wait, so there are people who will let you play the older cards, like the shining base charizard and shining charizard from the neo destiny set?? how weird! i've been playing with my brother and i put shining charizard into a deck for fun, but this weekend, we're going to a small tournament at a card shop and i thought i had to take him out. are you guys telling me that there's a chance i won't have to take him out????

thanks!!

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
like the shining base charizard
That is technically tournament-legal due to the Stormfront reprint. (You need a current reference though.)
League play is generally unlimited, however, you may find that there are a number of people that choose to only play modified because they are gearing up for the tournament season or tournament coming up during the season
Yes, you've pretty much nailed it.

qnetykz

Q, Team GG's Rogue Squad Leader
1Pokemon_Master said:
wait, so there are people who will let you play the older cards, like the shining base charizard and shining charizard from the neo destiny set?? how weird! I've been playing with my brother and I put shining charizard into a deck for fun, but this weekend, we're going to a small tournament at a card shop and I thought I had to take him out. are you guys telling me that there's a chance I won't have to take him out????

thanks!!

if it is a sanctioned tournament, you will have to take him out due to the modified format...how if there is someone willing to run an unlimited tournament, you wouldn't have to take him out...but those tourneys aren't sanctioned or reported

Tristan

Back for a little bit
My league is unlimited but most of the people use modified and the people at the leagues that I go to suck (No offence guys) but at the one league that is my dads they are mostly nOObs so they use unlimited not Modified unfourtunatly I am the best person there MOST of the time.

PKM4

League Leader - Tournament Organizer - Professor
You can play anything at my league! Most people play modified but me and the other league leader occasionally bust out our old school decks to show the new kids lol