Ruling Are japanese cards allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Metagross88

I am the Chosen Keyblade Master!!!
hey,are japanese cards allowed at a tournament?example:you put a Japanese Steelix Ex is yr LBS deck(it is real of course).

POP Rules said:
14.1.6. Japanese Pokémon TCG Cards
Any player may use Japanese Pokémon TCG cards, provided they meet the following requirements:
• The player’s deck is made up entirely of Japanese Pokémon TCG cards, and all of these cards have the same card back. OR, the player’s deck is comprised of cards with different backs, and all cards are sleeved with opaque back sleeves.
• All of the cards in the player’s deck have been released, in English, in the United States and are legal for use according to the event’s format restrictions
• The player has an English or local-language version of the card, outside of their deck, for reference, OR the player has a copy of the official Pokémon TCG Card-Dex, which can be downloaded at op.pokemon-tcg.com.

14.1.7. Autographed Cards
Autographed cards may be used under the condition that the autograph does not obscure any game text on the card. In the event that game text is obscured, the player may use the card as long as they have a nonautographed version of the card, outside of their deck for reference, or the section of the Pokémon TCG Card-Dex with that card’s text. Cards with a significant portion of their information obscured may be disallowed at the Head Judge’s discretion.

14.1.8. Alternate-Backed Cards
Cards printed with a back other than the Pokémon TCG back or the Japanese Pokémon TCG card back may not be used in a POP-Sanctioned tournament, even if sleeved with opaque card sleeves.

If you play japanese cards, then your opponent(not japanese) will have problem reading info of the cards if he/she don't know.

yes, as long as you have a English version for that japanese card, outside of their deck, for reference, OR a copy of the official Pokémon TCG Card-Dex

kravenace said:
OMFG so i can use a FEOD cards on our upcoming nationals or no? [july 29]

• All of the cards in the player’s deck have been released, in English, in the United States and are legal for use according to the event’s format restrictions

thnx.

this is very very dumb!

if we can use the japanese card only if we got the english ver., then why should we put the japanese ver card? we can put the english ver instead!

RE:  Are japanese cards allowed?

(TYranitarFReak) said:
this is very very dumb!

if we can use the japanese card only if we got the english ver., then why should we put the japanese ver card? we can put the english ver instead!
*memory from long ago* I used to have 3 Japanese Erika's Ivysaur and only 1 English, so, I added the 3 Japanese to my deck, and used the english as reference

does that explain it

Japanese boosters can be bought from the store..

anyway, i think the discussion has gone off topic already. Locked as the question has been answered. For more discussion about japanese cards, please do so in other forum. Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back