Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *Update* Fakémon Water Starter! 28/03/2016

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *NEW* Gryphon! 7/9/13

*sigh* Will I ever stick to the way I want Kyanite and Fluorite? Probably not. Well, maybe. After some thought, I have decided to stick with EX era cards. Since there are no official HG SS blanks, and they aren't very accurate, I will use Aschefield's blanks.

Here is what they will look like:

50hb29.jpg

>The text needs to be squished in by about 3px on each side
>30x is required next to Energy Ball
>Name is 1-2px too high
>No set number
>No code (bottom left)

As for the art, the Pokemon itself looks nice, but I'd reduce the opacity of the glow for a more natural look. Other than that it's nice.

Blui said:
>The text needs to be squished in by about 3px on each side
>30x is required next to Energy Ball
>Name is 1-2px too high
>No set number
>No code (bottom left)

As for the art, the Pokemon itself looks nice, but I'd reduce the opacity of the glow for a more natural look. Other than that it's nice.

I was in a rush whilst making this one, so thanks for pointing the mistakes out. I will update it.

UPDATED

50hb29.jpg

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *NEW* Space Dragon! 24/9/13

Now for... COSMEGON!

23ljhit.jpg

Sorry for the low quality image, when I shrank it, it became a little fuzzy.
I did everything I could to make it look slightly better, so don't bug me about it -__-

It seems that you're improving on all fronts. Original art, backgrounds and faking all look magnificent. Keep it up!

Delta said:
It seems that you're improving on all fronts. Original art, backgrounds and faking all look magnificent. Keep it up!

Thanks, I'm glad you think I'm improving. I do try :p

Definitely agree with Delta...you're absolutely improving! Only a few minor issues, such as the unnecessary "x2" next to the Weakness, and that you also need some clarification/condition regarding the Defending Pokémon not being able to retreat (and it should always be "can't" and not "cannot"). Is it for as long as Cosmegon ex is your Active Pokémon, until the end of your opponent's next turn, etc. You also might want to add a code in the bottom left.

Otherwise, looking great!

CMP said:
Definitely agree with Delta...you're absolutely improving! Only a few minor issues, such as the unnecessary "x2" next to the Weakness, and that you also need some clarification/condition regarding the Defending Pokémon not being able to retreat (and it should always be "can't" and not "cannot"). Is it for as long as Cosmegon ex is your Active Pokémon, until the end of your opponent's next turn, etc. You also might want to add a code in the bottom left.

Otherwise, looking great!

Always the code... I will update it soon maybe along with other cards in a dump.

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards *NEW* PRETTYYYYY 26/09/13

I really don't like the effects in front of the pokemon, if it flowed with them I wouldn't mind.

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards NEW: Large-ish update 28/09/13

Very nice! Just try to remember to keep the damage in line with the effect text box, even if it's a 3-digit number.

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards NEW: Large-ish update 28/09/13

You not only got better as a faker, but as an artist in general. Great job on these!

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards NEW: Bugs... Now with codes! 30/09/13

Some bugs!

2u4lqtx.jpg
v6rnz8.jpg

And thanks for the feedback guys, it will help me improve a lot :p

EDIT: Now with codes!

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards NEW: Pink Sea Serpent! 01/10/13

My entry for the October CaC!

2qi3b49.jpg

Please comment as I do value your feedback, and it helps me out a lot!

RE: Arcticwhite's Fake Cards NEW: Pink Sea Serpent UPDATED! 02/10/13

The more-aligned-star-thingy version:

30dcfnt.jpg

Sorry I haven't commented in so long. @_@

Your artwork looks much nicer on the ex-series blanks.

I especially love Gryphatin. I love how the background and foil looks (emerald is my favorite color) and gryphons are just awesome (my second favorite mythical creature). It looks really nice on the card.

Burnace also looks great, card- and design-wise.

Ah, I wish people made Pokémon STAR more often. I love the 2D "popping out" effect. Much cooler than the 3D ones we see nowadays. The first line of Aquagon's Treacherous Waters is slightly misaligned due to the STAR at the end. To fix this, I suggest typing the star as (-o-), then erase (not backspace) it and paste the STAR in its place, aligning it to the right side of the text box. It will rasterize the type layer, but it should make aligning easier.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Sorry I haven't commented in so long. @_@

Your artwork looks much nicer on the ex-series blanks.

I especially love Gryphatin. I love how the background and foil looks (emerald is my favorite color) and gryphons are just awesome (my second favorite mythical creature). It looks really nice on the card.

Burnace also looks great, card- and design-wise.

Ah, I wish people made Pokémon STAR more often. I love the 2D "popping out" effect. Much cooler than the 3D ones we see nowadays. The first line of Aquagon's Treacherous Waters is slightly misaligned due to the STAR at the end. To fix this, I suggest typing the star as (-o-), then erase (not backspace) it and paste the STAR in its place, aligning it to the right side of the text box. It will rasterize the type layer, but it should make aligning easier.

Haha, thanks. I find it quite hard to align the star with the text as if I press space, it automatically goes forward quite far etc., and it's just annoying. And I'm glad you think my artwork looks better on EX series cards, and I do think I am getting a lot better at faking now :p

Ok, I tried what Neko suggested and I got this:

2agjafk.jpg

The text looks a lot more aligned this time.

Are you sure you erased the placeholder text instead of backspacing/deleting it? The symbol should still be about 8 more pixels to the right. If the placeholder (-o-) was too big, try (O) instead. Also, don't hit Enter/Return at the end of the first line, else the text won't Justify properly.

Nekoban Ryo said:
Are you sure you erased the placeholder text instead of backspacing/deleting it? The symbol should still be about 8 more pixels to the right. If the placeholder (-o-) was too big, try (O) instead. Also, don't hit Enter/Return at the end of the first line, else the text won't Justify properly.

I didn't backspace it, I rasterized it and erased it. Maybe I should try moving it a few pixels myself...

This any better?

2927keg.jpg

Back