• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Archplume deck (Archeops/ Vileplume lock)

RE: Speedy Archeops

a few playtesting peh sey.

i have cut out bits of paper, to fit in side my deck sleeves, with a card underneath so it still feels like a card, and wrote the names and brief description of attacks, powers costs etc. not bothered about drawing a picture of the actual card art. so yeh, proxys for the mo.
we decided to give archen a 2 for 20 and 3 for 30 as its attacks since we don't know what the card actually does, but will change the proxy card when it's released.

seems to work well, but your oponent tends to get 2-3 extra cards at the start of the game, before you get a basic Phanpy and or Terrakion out. since they are the only basics.

one test match was funny. i had a com, plume, reaserch, archen and donphan in my starting hand, with 2 Phanpy in play. got to go first, and drew a fighting energy. played com to shuffle Archen away, and get Archeops. used research, to find 1 archen, which i played at the bottom, then used plume to get archen out. then on the next turn i just dropped the donphan and the Archeops and my mates emboar deck was screwed

if you check out the main page, we now have every scan and translation now of every card in the Red collection set.

first and most importantly, is Archen, and Plume fossil.

062.gif

Plume Fossil - Trainer

Look at the bottom 7 cards of your deck. If you find an Archen there, you may put it on your Bench. Shuffle the remaining cards back into your deck.

You can use any number of Trainer cards during your turn.

039.gif

Archen - Fighting - HP80
Revived Pokemon - Play on your Bench with the effect of Plume Fossil.

[F] Rock Throw: 20 damage.
[C][C] Acrobatics: 20+ damage. Flip 2 coins, this attack does an additional 20 damage times the number of heads.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Pretty good stuff here. i wasn't far of my prediction for attacks, but 1 for 20 is pretty good, and the second attack uses a double colourless energy. but whats more important is that the plume fossil has the same text as the cover fossil.

i will put these images and translations on page 1, for you to view.
OMG though secret shiney Meowth, and holo full art "N"

EDIT:
new card scans and translations are now on the first post, and the cover fossil has been removed. also i have changed the deck list slightly. i have removed the 2 duel ball, and added 1 more collector giving me 3, and a Tyrogue, which gives me a better chance of NOT letting the oponent get so many cards at the start if i have no basics in my opening hand. also a good counter for Cleffa, and the solid 30 for no energy, turn one is awesome and a chance of being imune to everything, as well.

i think you should add 2 or 3 jirachi (UL/CoL), so when you got archeops on the bench you bring out jirachi and force your opponent to pick up their evolution's so you are sure to stop their game.

Catcher kills you, end of story. You need to play Vileplume with Archeops in order for it to work at it's best. Now I know you're wondering, the two completely go against each other, but if you go in a smart order of events, then everything would be fine. You have to get your Archen on your bench before you evolve into Vileplume, which must come before you evolve into Archeops. As for attackers, you have plenty of big basic fightings in Terrakion and Landerous, so use those instead of Donphan (heck you're already using Terrakion, and adding in Landerous gives you the ability to have an early game attacker along with a different weakness).

i like the idea of Jirachi, but it requires psychic energy, and my deck dosn't run them. but Vileplume on the other hand sounds nasty.

i would have to chance my whole trainer/ supporter line, though since i would no longer be able to play trainers (other than my set up cards) as well as evolutions.
i guess rare candy for Vilepume (if i havn't already got Archen into play) and PETM to get the evolutions out my deck, and i'll have to add a 4th Seeker, to get it back in my hand to play an important trainer card, but hopefully the oponent would be completly locked down by then

i will need deck ideas to get this to work, but obviously, 4 Research record, 4 comunication as well as 4 plume fossil are staying in.

EDIT
i came up with this kind of deck to work with Vileplume. still unsure of the trainers though

Acheplume deck
20 Pokemon

4-3 Archeops RC
2-2-2 Vileplume
4 Terrakion RC
3 Cleffa

30 Trainer/ Supporters

4 Plume Fossil (RC)
3 Pokemon Communication
2 Pokemon Catcher
4 Research Record
3 Rare Candy
3 Pokemon collector
2 PONT
3 PETM
3 Seeker
3 Junk arm

10 Fighting energy

now this strategy would involve complete trainer lock, and also evolution lock. trying to get archen into play first, and then work on getting vileplume using elm and rare candy. Comunication could help find vileplume and or Archeops too. then just slap down archeops once you got Vileplume in play, for complete lock down. if for any reason you evolved Archen too soon, seeker provides the answer, but only use when theres another archen in play.
this also works the other way around, when you have vileplume in play and you need to use research/Plume fossil.

this is a basic skeleton if i'm to use Vileplume instead of Donphan, so i'm still completly unsure if this will work, but any more ideas will be great as well as what to put in and take out.

Your current decklist for Vilplume + Archeops is a bit on the clunky side. You don't have an alternative way to get out extra Vileplume other than using Rare Candy if it were to get sniped by Yanmega/Blastoise, etc. I wouldn't run the risk of needing to keep Rare Candy and Vileplume in your hand since you need to refresh your hand in order to keep Archen in your deck for back up.

-1-1 Vileplume
+2 Gloom

-1 Pokemon Catcher
-1 Pokemon Communication
+2 Professor Oak's New Theory

I feel like this deck requires Manaphy/Cleffa as your starter. Their attacks and free retreat will help you set up quicker and prevent bad starts. Proxy it in a little and see how it works for ya.

-4 Terrakion
+4 Cleffa/Manaphy

Also, I would suggest updating your OP to reflect the current decklist.

I've gone with your suggetions Aaron with the gloom and PONT. I just replaced the Landaros with Cleffa, rather than getting rid of Terrakion.
i'll be updating this to page 1. The reason for this is Terrakion is a better attacker, than Landorus, for less energy.

Back