• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded Archie's Blastoise

SRreplet51

Aspiring Trainer
Though most people may be familiar with this deck, I've recently been aware that my local regionals will be expanded so here goes my current list.

Pokémon: 15
  • 3 Keldeo EX (BC #142)
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (ND #54)
  • 2 Blastoise
  • 2 Articuno (Ancient trait)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (Set Up)
  • 2 Jirachi EX
  • 2 Exeggcute (Propogation)
  • 1 Victini (LT #23)
Trainers: 34
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Rough Seas
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Archies Ace in the Hole
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 N
  • 1 Fisherman
Energy: 11
  • 11 Water Energy
Strategy:

For those who don't know, is too drop your hand count with all the items provided to one and hopefully get that turn one Archie's into Blastoise and start accelerating energy onto your attackers to overwhelm your opponent and take all your prizes. Also my reason for running fliptini is the heavy prescense of night March and vespiquen and allows me for easier knock outs on non EXs with my articuno. any suggestions are welcome and thank you for helping me with my deck for cities.
Things I consider adding:
  • 1 Professor letter
  • 1 Tool scrapper
  • 1 Jirachi XY67 (For easier dealing with Vespiquen or Seismitoad)
  • Another muscle band
  • The 4th acro bike but 3 is working just fine

Though most people may be familiar with this deck, I've recently been aware that my local regionals will be expanded so here goes my current list.

Pokémon: 15
  • 3 Keldeo EX (BC #142)
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (ND #54)
  • 2 Blastoise
  • 2 Articuno (Ancient trait)
  • 2 Shaymin EX (Set Up)
  • 2 Jirachi EX
  • 2 Exeggcute (Propogation)
  • 1 Victini (LT #23)
Trainers: 34
  • 4 VS Seeker
  • 3 Acro Bike
  • 4 Trainers' Mail
  • 4 Ultra Ball
  • 4 Battle Compressor
  • 4 Superior Energy Retrieval
  • 1 Float Stone
  • 1 Muscle Band
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 1 Rough Seas
  • 2 Professor Sycamore
  • 2 Archies Ace in the Hole
  • 1 Lysandre
  • 1 N
  • 1 Fisherman
Energy: 11
  • 11 Water Energy
Strategy:

For those who don't know, is too drop your hand count with all the items provided to one and hopefully get that turn one Archie's into Blastoise and start accelerating energy onto your attackers to overwhelm your opponent and take all your prizes. Also my reason for running fliptini is the heavy prescense of night March and vespiquen and allows me for easier knock outs on non EXs with my articuno. any suggestions are welcome and thank you for helping me with my deck for cities.
Things I consider adding:
  • 1 Professor letter
  • 1 Tool scrapper
  • 1 Jirachi XY67 (For easier dealing with Vespiquen or Seismitoad)
  • Another muscle band
  • The 4th acro bike but 3 is working just fine

Your list looks pretty solid, so I don't have any major changes to propose, but I think you could cut the Fisherman since in theory you have plenty of Energy recovery (and it's also a Supporter). I also think you could cut the Mewtwo unless there's a particular reason you included Mewtwo. I just feel like without DCE, Keldeo is just much better than Mewtwo in most situations. If you cut these, that would make room for some of the cards you were considering adding.

Your list looks pretty solid, so I don't have any major changes to propose, but I think you could cut the Fisherman since in theory you have plenty of Energy recovery (and it's also a Supporter). I also think you could cut the Mewtwo unless there's a particular reason you included Mewtwo. I just feel like without DCE, Keldeo is just much better than Mewtwo in most situations. If you cut these, that would make room for some of the cards you were considering adding.
Ok ya i think I will cut the Mewtwo because I had been thinking about it but wasn't sure, and I am a little more iffy about the fisherman because there seems to be a heightened play of Seismitoad/Giratina in my area so it's a way to get back energy when item locked but perhaps you are right I will think about it some more thanks so much for the suggestions.

Back