Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Those who preorder Pokemon Legends: Arceus in Japan will receive a new Arceus V promo!  The card is a special art promo. Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translation!
Arceus V – Colorless – HP220
Basic Pokemon
[C][C] Trinity Charge: Search your deck for up to 3 basic Energy cards and attach them to your Pokemon V in any way you like. Then, shuffle your deck.
[C][C][C] Power Edge: 130 damage.
When your Pokemon V is Knocked Out, your opponent takes 2 Prize cards.
Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
In Taiwan and Hong Kong, promos of Leafeon V and Glaceon V will also be available to those who buy Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl. You’ll get Leafeon V is you buy Brilliant Diamond and Glaceon V if you buy Shining Pearl. The cards will be different from the ones in Eevee Heroes. It’s currently unknown if this...

Continue reading...

Last edited:

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
C'mon, the supports might be incompatible if their done with Vs. Decidueye won't be good anymore because BDSP didn't continue Vs and all of that.

Arceus V - meh. That's what I can say. 2 Geodudes
Every new generation the Safeguard Pokémon like Sigilyph, Suicune, Hoopa, and next Decidueye and Altaria will stop being useable before they print the new Safeguard Pokémon. Next time I expect they'll use the Rule Box text instead of specifying GXs and Vs, but we can't avoid the cross over period where they won't work anymore. That will happen regardless if they discontinued Vs this year or next year.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Every new generation the Safeguard Pokémon like Sigilyph, Suicune, Hoopa, and next Decidueye and Altaria will stop being useable before they print the new Safeguard Pokémon. Next time I expect they'll use the Rule Box text instead of specifying GXs and Vs, but we can't avoid the cross over period where they won't work anymore. That will happen regardless if they discontinued Vs this year or next year.
Not just them, but other cards that interacts with Vs, even VMAXs.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
C'mon, the supports might be incompatible if their done with Vs. Decidueye won't be good anymore because BDSP didn't continue Vs and all of that.

Arceus V - meh. That's what I can say. 2 Geodudes
Who cares about that?? I was excited about the prospect of a new era like HGSS, where TPC could try and fix the power creep spiraling out of control with 3-prizers. I thought about the possibility of evolution (or megas, or level X or whatever) two prizers with similar HP to tag teams but power a bit below VMax and cool abilities and mechanics, to then transition to a 2-prizer or 1-prizer format again for generation 9. And because I love Sinnô and I wanted to relive the remakes and celebrate Legend Arceus in the TCG as well. So much for that. Huge disappointment. I hope it can still happen but...

Ah, someone just wrote "VSTAR is coming and V-Union just began". Legends for HGSS didn't last that much either. Japan will release Fusion Arts in September. It could release another set in November and another one in January. Then, two months later, after the launch of Arceus, sets based around Sinnô/Hisui.

Last edited:

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
Who cares about that?? I was excited about the prospect of a new era like HGSS, where TPC could try and fix the power creep spiraling out of control with 3-prizers. I thought about the possibility of evolution (or megas, or level X or whatever) two prizers with similar HP to tag teams but power a bit below VMax and cool abilities and mechanics, to then transition to a 2-prizer or 1-prizer format again for generation 9. And because I love Sinnô and I wanted to relive the remakes and celebrate Legend Arceus in the TCG as well. So much for that. Huge disappointment. I hope it can still happen but...

Ah, someone just wrote "VSTAR is coming and V-Union just began". Legends for HGSS didn't last that much either. Japan will release Fusion Arts in September. It could release another set in November and another one in January. Then, two months later, after the launch of Arceus, sets based around Sinnô/Hisui.
VSTAR doesn't even seem to be coming until around or after BDSP, likely the first set of F-Block. In Japan, the TCG and video games are properly synced in terms of release. It was all pointing to VSTAR being the F-Block gimmick, replacing Battle Styles.

FairyLandAlice

Aspiring Trainer
VSTAR doesn't even seem to be coming until around or after BDSP, likely the first set of F-Block. In Japan, the TCG and video games are properly synced in terms of release. It was all pointing to VSTAR being the F-Block gimmick, replacing Battle Styles.
I just hoped V-Stars would be something like previous "star" cards in the game, powerful cards you can only play one copy of. And thought that with one or two sets with that gimmick would be more than enough.

Mimikeon

Aspiring Trainer
I just hoped V-Stars would be something like previous "star" cards in the game, powerful cards you can only play one copy of. And thought that with one or two sets with that gimmick would be more than enough.
That still meant that Pokemon V would continue into F-Block. It would also be weird to completely change the gimmick halfway through an annual block. That hasn't happened before. Also, Prism Stars lasted an entire year.

This fandom really needs to be careful about hyping themselves up for things that never had any chance of happening.

JakeTheGearHeart

Aspiring Trainer
That still meant that Pokemon V would continue into F-Block. It would also be weird to completely change the gimmick halfway through an annual block. That hasn't happened before. Also, Prism Stars lasted an entire year.

This fandom really needs to be careful about hyping themselves up for things that never had any chance of happening.
A Heart Gold Soul Silver block did happen. It wouldn't be unprecedented for a mini-block to happen again.

MagnaDrake

Aspiring Trainer

I honestly would NOT want a 2 Prizer with the same HP as a Tag Team....