• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Arceus (BR/Masters)

Obsidius

Don't Interfear
I've been trying Arceus off and on for the past year and with the beginning of a new season, I though I would take another shot at Arceus.

Pokemon:18
4 Arceus Lv.X (Omniscient)
4 Arceus {C}
2 Arceus {R}
2 Arceus {D}
2 Arceus {W}
1 Arceus {P}
1 Arceus {F}
1 Arceus {L}
1 Arceus {G}

T/S/S:24
Supporters:13
4 Pokemon Collector
2 Bebe's Search
3 Copycat
3 Cynthia's Feelings
1 Palmer's Contribution

Trainers:7
3 Beginning Door
2 Energy Exchanger
2 Expert Belt

Stadiums:4
4 Ultimate Zone

Energy:18
4 {C}{C}
4 Call
2 Warp
3 {R}
2 {D}
2 {W}
1 {G}

This is more of a come-from behind version of Arceus compared to others I've seen. It focuses on either quick snipes or Ripple Swell into Type advantage. If neither of this is done early enough, you will start to fall behind against quicker decks. Therefor, taking advantage of {D} Arceus attack plus weakness, is the best play to stay in the game until your able to Snipe/Ripple Swell . This is done easier with the heavy Cynthia line, since Arceus will likely lose the first prize most of the time in this fashion.

The cool thing about Arceus is its ability to adapt to the Metagame due to its all-round type advantage and various attack options. Making Arceus a tricky deck to counter outright, outside of Machamp.

Okay, it looks like you're trying to be to cute here. Remember: Ripple Swell only gets basics. So you can only do it twice, and it only gets 8 energy. After you loose 3 Arceus, you must rely on Special energies. So, drop the Warp. You only have 1 retreat cost, so it's fine. Plus, you want PONT over Copycat, since it's more reliable. Also, Cynthia's is bad too. I'd take 6 anytime over 8 in certain scenarios. So....

-3 Cynthia's
-3 Copycat
-2 Warp Energy
+1 Beginning Door (you want to max these out, they also nab the X's)
+2 Meteor Blast Arceus X (these hit pretty hard)
+1 Grass Energy
+2 PONT
+2 Rainbow (this will help with your multityping, also if you don't want to drop the damage counter on your attacker, you can attach it to a benched pokemon you don't care about, then Ultimate Zone it to your attacker)

you should run rainbow IMO, and bump up the energy exchanger. Also, great ball might help.

Good job on having the first solid arceus list I've ever seen.

Posted by Shoyru1444
Okay, it looks like you're trying to be to cute here. Remember: Ripple Swell only gets basics. So you can only do it twice, and it only gets 8 energy. After you loose 3 Arceus, you must rely on Special energies. So, drop the Warp. You only have 1 retreat cost, so it's fine. Plus, you want PONT over Copycat, since it's more reliable. Also, Cynthia's is bad too. I'd take 6 anytime over 8 in certain scenarios. So.... (I know Arceus only gets basic energy but I don't want to give my opponent any more turns to gets further ahead of me by Ripple Swelling over and over again. I don't quite understand what you mean by "after you loose 3 Arceus,you must rely on Special energies". I would love to rely on DCE to Sky Spear back to back snipes.

-3 Cynthia's(With a deck this slow, it can take advantage of this easily)
-3 Copycat(Maybe for PONT but works well against SP/VileGar)
-2 Warp Energy(Lets me switch into another Arceus for Type advantage plus adds energy which is movable with Ultimate Zone)
+1 Beginning Door (you want to max these out, they also nab the X's)(True, but with the rise of Trainer Lock, 2 Bebe's and 4 Lv.X, I felt 3 was good)
+2 Meteor Blast Arceus X (these hit pretty hard) (Hits harder with Lucario GL but more of a convenience rather than a necessity)
+1 Grass Energy
+2 PONT(See Copycat)
+2 Rainbow (this will help with your multityping, also if you don't want to drop the damage counter on your attacker, you can attach it to a benched pokemon you don't care about, then Ultimate Zone it to your attacker) (Not to sure about Rainbow since I'm not using every attack, but only the useful ones. I guess my reason is the same reason SP decks don't run SP Energy)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Posted by LORDY JONES
you should run rainbow IMO, and bump up the energy exchanger. Also, great ball might help. (With Dialga and VileGar on the rise, I was trying to be less reliant on Trainers. Otherwise, I would put in Great Ball and more Exchanger)

Good job on having the first solid arceus list I've ever seen.

Back