• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Arcanine/Volcarona

Nitro

Shiny Charm :)
I was looking through my binder and I came up with a rogue deck idea for league. I can't use Mewtwo EX.

Pokemon:
3-3 Volcarona DE (2 Larvesta DE #21, 1 Larvesta DE #20)
4-4 Arcanine ND (4 Growlithe ND #10)
2 Entei EX DE
2 Victini NV #14
2 Magby CoL
1 Cleffa CoL

21 Pokemon

Trainers:
2 Collector
2 Switch BW
2 Level Ball ND
2 Random Receiver DE
3 N NV
3 Pokemon Communication BW
3 Proffesor Elm's Training Method CoL
2 PONT
3 Junk Arm
1 Plus Power
2 Professor Juniper
2 Catcher

27 Trainers

Energy:
2 DCE ND
10 Fire Energy

12 Energies

60 total

Strategy:
Burn defending pokemon with arcanine or entei. Volcarona is there for bench support and increasing the burn damage. Victini is for arcanine's fire spin attack. Magby for easy burn and stalling. Pluspower is for arcanine so he can knock out the genies.

I would run magby from Call of Legends or Undaunted. It can burn for no energy and stall. I would put in 1 or 2. Energy accel. wouls also be good for this deck.

- 1 Bouffalant
- 1-1 Arcanine
- 3 Cheren
- 1 Energy Switch

+ 3 Professor Oak's New Theory (you are in desperate need of more draw)
+ 2 Entei EX (1 is not enough for the acceleration you need)
+ 2 Professor Juniper (again, more draw)

...I honestly don't know what else to drop, but more draw would be helpful, including some Sage's Training to get those fire energy in the discard. Maybe a 1-1 Volcarona line but I'm concerned you won't be able to consistently get them out.

i prefer the ball engine. I think collector is a waste of a T1 supporter. Here is what you should do:

-3 cheren
-2 collector
-3 energy switch
-3 communication
-1 volcerona (you only need to have one out)
-1 larvesta
-3 proffesor elm's training method

+4 dual ball
+1 shaymin
+1 entei ex
+1 arcanine
+2 N
+4 PONT
+3 Professor Junniper

YOU NEED CATCHERS AND JUNK ARMS AND ULTRA BALLS, TOO

I tried a deck like this one time, without a ball engine, it is soooooo slow, run a ball engine and try to start with Entei, if you don't you will get destroyed by fast set-up decks.

I really want this idea to work! I received two promo Volcarano from the prerelease and one in a pack. I might just try to make this deck!

- I don't have one
- I don't have enough money for it, and my parents think that $60 on one card is a bit too much

Trainer Lock and Energy Acceleration are good but I don't have room for them. Entei also does burn

You could also try Entei EX / Volcarona, since you already have at least 2 Entei EX + Volcarona. I've played a lot of Entei EX/Volcarona deck myself, it works wonders. If you use the Larvesta with 3 retreat cost, you could use heavy ball to get all of your pokémon out.

In conclusion, you should use Heavy Ball either way. I think Growlithe and Arcanine also could be brought out in play with heavy ball.

Dual Ball does seem good. I could remove the collector, level ball, 1 Prof. Elm and 2 Juniper. I'll add heavy ball, dual ball and junk arm.

Back