Arcanine, Goldeen, Seaking from “Pokemon Card 151!”

Water Pokémon Master

I like Pokemon more than you! :p
Webmaster
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Arcanine, Goldeen, and Seaking have just been revealed from Pokemon Card 151! The set will release in Japan on June 16th and internationally as a special set this fall.
Thanks goes to Bangiras for the translations!
Arcanine – Fire – HP150
Stage 1 – Evolves from Growlithe
[R} Heat Up: 30 damage. Attach up to 2 Basic [R] Energy cards from your discard pile to this Pokemon.
[R][R][C][C] Dynamite Fang: 240 damage. Discard 2 [R] Energy from this Pokemon.
Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 4...

Continue reading...

This kind of cross-set and even cross-generation synergy is very exciting to see. Hope we get more of that.
I remember it happening previously with Caturday when a Purugly from Battle Styles got it. Wasn't good though, but was still interesting. Well after a year after Caturday had made it's debut.

Growlithe/Arcanine - welp, the Fire energy accel we have is nowhere near as good. 3/3
Goldeen/Seaking - ok. 3/3

Growlithe/Arcanine - welp, the Fire energy accel we have is nowhere near as good. 3/3
Goldeen/Seaking - ok. 3/3
How about combining Blastoise from pokemonGo with vitality spring and palkia Vstar.

Could be useful with seaking having the same attack effect as Zacian V from celebrations or the Gardevoifrwith shinging arcana ability

aqua horn is actually a really nice attack considering we have crazy water acceleration with paldea evolved on the horizon. it does the same amount of damage as zacian v and gardevoir's attacks. even though it doesnt provide anything other than 1 good attack for a single prizer, it still might pop up in a chien-pao deck at some point.

the arcanine card will be great ... once we get good fire acceleration. at least it synergizes well with arcanine ex

Finneon x 4 (for energy accel)
Goldeen x4 (151)
Seaking x 4 (151)
Energy search x 4
Palkia v x 3
Palkia vstar x 3
Nest balls x 4

Thats what i am gathering soo far LOL

Insane the amount of potential for fast energies here. Water has always seemed overpowered in some sort of way. These decks can hit hard once these supports drop in the fall.

Finneon x 4 (for energy accel)
Goldeen x4 (151)
Seaking x 4 (151)
Energy search x 4
Palkia v x 3
Palkia vstar x 3
Nest balls x 4

Thats what i am gathering soo far LOL

Insane the amount of potential for fast energies here. Water has always seemed overpowered in some sort of way. These decks can hit hard once these supports drop in the fall.
add irida, chien-pao ex, seel and dewgong onto the list.

Nice Arcanine. Stage 1 240 damage for just 2 Fire energy when POGO Zard is out plus magma basin.

Even though needing 4 energy combined with it being a Stage 1 makes the Arcanine almost certainly unviable, I appreciate that at least it does a more reasonable amount of damage.

I LOVE that the Seaking has Swim Freely! I doubt it will be more than a meme deck, but it's still cool. Plus it can use Reversal Energy, so that gives it a boost.

Seaking can be nice for Chien-Pao ex/Baxcalibur, but it's got enough tools, with no space to put it in.

How about combining Blastoise from pokemonGo with vitality spring and palkia Vstar.

Could be useful with seaking having the same attack effect as Zacian V from celebrations or the Gardevoifrwith shinging arcana ability
I don't wanna bring another evo line in my deck. If I wanna use Palkia on my deck, I attack on Palkia instead of a single-prized Stage 1. Don't care if it's a 2-prized, as long as it hits hard.

Arcanine ex/Armorouge is a rogue (haha geddit) deck just shy of one or two card supports to being good. This Arcanine isn't it, but suppose one day in the future Fire gets a super good energy acceleration engine, this Arcanine can be a 1/2-of in that deck for a one-prizer revenge killer to help swing the prize game.

I like it.

Arcanine ex/Armorouge is a rogue (haha geddit) deck just shy of one or two card supports to being good. This Arcanine isn't it, but suppose one day in the future Fire gets a super good energy acceleration engine, this Arcanine can be a 1/2-of in that deck for a one-prizer revenge killer to help swing the prize game.

I like it.
I rather run a basic that hits hard and cheap than a Stage 1 which is very expensive.

A revenge sweeper must be a basic that hits hard and easy to pay in one go

Even though needing 4 energy combined with it being a Stage 1 makes the Arcanine almost certainly unviable, I appreciate that at least it does a more reasonable amount of damage.
Arcanine can be put to use in a deck alongside POGO Zard. It's seemingly the best attacker for Fire types in my eyes right now. Single prizer that hits 240 for 2 Energy, what's not to like?

Back