News 'Arcanine BREAK Evolution Box' in January!

I see some potential in Arcanine Break and Crobat Break

Arcanine break can be used with the Evolutions Arcanine on its own. or with partners in a toolbox style deck

i could see Mew ex/Crobat Break being a thing in standard

Mandibuzz Break is kinda eh .20 spread is too little nowadays

Crobat BREAK... That's in a weird position here. We have no Standard-legal Crobat currently, and Japan doesn't have any to import either. I hope they just leave it unplayable, we do NOT need a Crobat reprint.

Crobat BREAK... That's in a weird position here. We have no Standard-legal Crobat currently, and Japan doesn't have any to import either. I hope they just leave it unplayable, we do NOT need a Crobat reprint.

My thoughts too - it's very strange timing.

Does this mean we'll get Crobat (PHF) released as a Promo? If not, I'd expect a Crobat to be released in the next set.

I don't want a Phantom Forces Crobat reprint either. maybe we will get a random Crobat promo soon

My thoughts too - it's very strange timing.

Does this mean we'll get Crobat (PHF) released as a Promo? If not, I'd expect a Crobat to be released in the next set.

Japan got a reprint of the Phantom Forces one all the way back in April, in a reprint set we thankfully didn't get. I'd imagine we just won't get a Crobat. (Though getting a reprint of that's much more likely than getting a new promo made just for this. I just hope that's not going to happen.)

Yeah Crobat BREAK is weird in that we're getting it. I'd personally like to see PHF Crobat come back, and I think given this BREAK and the fact that Zubat and Golbat are still in rotation it's quite likely. Idk when or how we'll get the reprint though. Would be a bit random to have it as a promo card. Like what kind of product would that be a part of?

I think Mandibuzz Break has some potential. It's 20 damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon for just one colourless energy, and also discards all of their tools. Which shuts down any opposing Garbodor, allowing you to have your abilities back.

reprinting crobat wouldn't be that bad right now, most of what gave crobat it's power was AZ/super scoop up which are both only expanded right now. we'll likely see super scoop up reprinted in the next 3-4 sets but I doubt AZ or similar for a while.

moving to mandibuzz, easy to use spread but weak for effectively a stage 2, only real use I see is as a garbodor counter.

and finally arcanine, we will have 2 arcanine when this becomes legal looking at their attacks the evolutions is the stronger one the breaks attack combined with the evolutions ability makes powering up the 4 energy attack possible and along side float stone/zoroark we can reuse the scorching breath attack or swap to a fresh arcanine and max potion the injured one.

Depending on the Mandibuzz, I think the Break might be a nerfed Trevenant B. Crobat Phf is DEFINITELY something we don't need. Because of the Break rule, you can use Surprise Bite again(note that it says "When this Pokemon evolves", not when Golbat evolves into Crobat), since it retains all abilities. ARCANINE BREAK! I'm glad I don't have to buy packs to get it. And I would love for this to see play, probably in a toolbox. If this is the same price as the others, I could potentially pick this up.

I think that all those cards they came out with that help out yveltal break, mega tyranitar, and mega gallade were cool, but this is enough. ITS GETTING OLD POKEMON!

Will mandibuzz break help out mega Tyranitar deck at all in any way ir woyld it be to hard to get out since it's a stage 2 per say and takes up a lot of space

Depending on the Mandibuzz, I think the Break might be a nerfed Trevenant B. Crobat Phf is DEFINITELY something we don't need. Because of the Break rule, you can use Surprise Bite again(note that it says "When this Pokemon evolves", not when Golbat evolves into Crobat), since it retains all abilities. ARCANINE BREAK! I'm glad I don't have to buy packs to get it. And I would love for this to see play, probably in a toolbox. If this is the same price as the others, I could potentially pick this up.
I could be wrong but I don't think Crobat BREAK works like that I think Crobat would gain access to the attacks,abilities,etc. after it evolves

I feel as if all three of these BREAKs are rather underwhelming.
Arcanine will have a hard time performing well when Greninja and Water Box decks are still popular.
Crobat is not even usable in standard currently and I really think the only way this card could be useful is if PHF Crobat is reprinted.
Mandibuzz attack is very weak for what is effectively a Stage 2.

I love that Mandibuzz Break. It'll be able to disable Garbodor technically without having to KO it or turn off all abilities :) I know mandibuzz also has an attack that snipes pokemon with abilities, so after a disaster wing you could maybe snipe off an Ariados after spreading damage i guess

Mandibuzz and vileplume looking like the next trev break without the item lock being dropped when you switch the active. I think this might be okay if you can get plume out turn 1/2

Aww! Mandi-BREAK could be potentially anti-Garbage.
Are these the last XY Promos? I bet the XY Promos will reach 190.

(Garbage = Garbodor)

Aww! Mandi-BREAK could be potentially anti-Garbage.
Are these the last XY Promos? I bet the XY Promos will reach 190.

(Garbage = Garbodor)

Considering how close we are to Sun/Moon promos, I doubt there will be too many more. (That being said, there's nothing stopping us getting a few more XY promos after the first Sun/Moon promos. Heck, back at the end of BW/start of XY, we had the Sylveon collection, which contained both BW promos and an XY one.)

Back