Aqua's Kyogre / Magma's Groudon

Freezerbern

Aspiring Trainer
I feel like it's reasonable to believe they could be good. They have 190 HP, which is 10 higher than all non-mega EX's (Wailord excluded) and if you pair them with Garbodor their abilities get shut off, so you don't have to fill your deck with not-so-good Team Aqua/Magma pokemon.

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
If you're considering a KyogreEX/Garbodor or GroudonEX/Garbodor variant, I don't think it's very good. Not being able to use Abilities means that you can't get access to any sort of Energy Acceleration for either of them, aside from Landorus.

However, I do think that GroudonEX has some creative use with Camerupt, Zangoose, and Claydol. Zangoose is good at setting up and gets a moderately strong attack that gets around Safeguard in a single shot, Camerupt/Claydol engine allows you to get an extra Energy or 2 in play per turn, and with Magma Energy, powering up GroudonEX can be done in a single turn, and the attack in combination with Team Magma Hideout hits for 160+20. Virizion/Genesect is an obvious problem, but Camerupt can hit for Type Advantage while supplying acceleration.

KyogreEX isn't as good because it's damage output just depends on the deck you are against. I don't care how good you are at teching, KyogreEX will never kill a Virizion/Genesect deck. Sharpedo does help a lot in speeding up how quickly you can get Muk's into play, but it usually won't matter against any deck using heavy amounts of Float Stone. Also, no Energy acceleration. I guess you could say that Matt & Shelly can supply an extra Energy once per turn, but I don't think that 1 Energy off of a Supporter is nearly as good as an extra 2 off of an Ability, or even Blacksmith for that matter.

Aviste

Aspiring Trainer
What I plan on doing is using probably Groudon and using it just to evolve into Primal Groudon because regular groudon ex is mediocre and that extra 10 Hp would help a lot.

Freezerbern

Aspiring Trainer
But since it's named Team Magma's Groudon EX, I don't think it can evolve into Primal Groudon EX because the Primal's card only says 'Evolves from Groudon EX'

GadgetJax

Traveling Storyteller and Card Faker
Aviste said:
What I plan on doing is using probably Groudon and using it just to evolve into Primal Groudon because regular groudon ex is mediocre and that extra 10 Hp would help a lot.

Freezerbern is right. You can't Primal Revert Team Magma's Groudon-EX. The reason why is because the term 'Team Magma' is a part of the Pokemon's name.

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
GadgetJax said:
KyogreEX isn't as good because it's damage output just depends on the deck you are against. I don't care how good you are at teching, KyogreEX will never kill a Virizion/Genesect deck. Sharpedo does help a lot in speeding up how quickly you can get Muk's into play, but it usually won't matter against any deck using heavy amounts of Float Stone. Also, no Energy acceleration. I guess you could say that Matt & Shelly can supply an extra Energy once per turn, but I don't think that 1 Energy off of a Supporter is nearly as good as an extra 2 off of an Ability, or even Blacksmith for that matter.

That's not true...
I, for one, kill VirGen with a Jellicent || Beartic || Forretress based retreat cost deck (true, no grass).
Think about it: 80+80 + 20 + 20 + X = 200 + X (Base + Muk + Band + Stadium + retreat cost) will kill nearly everything in format. With Aqua Ball and a good deck engine (lots of testing - been there done that) you can get a pretty consists, high damaging deck.

Yeah, true, Float stone can prove annoying, but you've got megaphones for that. If you want to stop Fairy Gardens, play a stadium. Destroy Darkrai-EX with the silent stadium (you only need 2 muk + band to kill pretty much everything in Dark decks).

tl;dr Muk decks are actually decent