Discussion Aqua Patch: What Will You Use?

GengarGuys

"Pickle Enthusiast"
I'm interested in seeing what the community will use with the new Aqua Patch.

I'll be using:
Manaphy
Glaceon
Ninetails

I'm guessing Ninetails GX, it seems like a nice attacker. I'm still tidying up the edges on my Lapras GX Deck. Aqua Patch will really help, other than that, it might be viable in Primarina GX Decks, doubt it'll see too much play though, considering its a stage 2. Really excited for Guardians Rising though!

Maybe Avalugg STS? It could be a good mill deck. I wanted to try it out before, but the 3 water energy attack cost was hard. I may test this.
Would it also be good for powering up Kyurem EX? Just random thoughts going through my head. Primarina GX or Ninetales GX.
Anyway, just random thoughts. Lots of testing is going to happen.
EDIT: I'd also love to try Tapu Lele GX with this.

Last edited:
Definitely throwing in a couple with my Primarina GX deck. Be a nice way to salvage lost energy/power.

I'm going to run it in Primarina for sure, but I think Mega Blastoise is a bit underrated and this really helps.him out.

I'm still rocking a Primal Kyogre deck as my main for Standard so I'll likely stick it in there to see how it does.

Haven't gotten around to testing with a proxy yet, but I'm thinking it won't affect the deck too much. I do wonder though if it'll allow me to put in the Ancient Origins version (with the different healing Ancient Trait) as a one-of to extend my options, since it'll help make up for the loss of acceleration.

Besides the obvious ones, it will be cool in M Gyarados and M Blastoise. In those decks, you essentially have 8 Mega Turbo. Energy becomes almost irrelevant at that point, since you can fully power up a Benched Mega with 2-3 of these cards.

Otherwise, Regice/Glaceon/Glalie-EX only need a DCE if they are on the Bench. Gyarados (EVO) becomes... a less terrible fun deck. In Expanded, Keldeo/Lapras will be insane and, possibly, the new Turbo deck.

I am using the following attackers:
- wishiwashi GX
- lapras GX
- glaceon GX
- ninetails GX (Maybe)

Maybe Avalugg STS? It could be a good mill deck. I wanted to try it out before, but the 3 water energy attack cost was hard. I may test this.
Would it also be good for powering up Kyurem EX? Just random thoughts going through my head. Primarina GX or Ninetales GX.
Anyway, just random thoughts. Lots of testing is going to happen.
EDIT: I'd also love to try Tapu Lele GX with this.
Patch only works an benched WATER pokemon so Lele can't use it

Are you all kidding? Use this with that OP Swampert From PCL. Also, I think it works with the safeguard ninetales. maybe in combo with marowak so you can switch em!

I've not seen anyone mention PCL Huntail yet, with Powerful Storm doing 20x amount of Energy in play on your field. you could simply run it with Giratina-EX for a darkrai-style deck or just run water as 4x aqua patch, 4x max elixir is crazy.

I'm still rocking a Primal Kyogre deck as my main for Standard so I'll likely stick it in there to see how it does.

Haven't gotten around to testing with a proxy yet, but I'm thinking it won't affect the deck too much. I do wonder though if it'll allow me to put in the Ancient Origins version (with the different healing Ancient Trait) as a one-of to extend my options, since it'll help make up for the loss of acceleration.

Nice to see another Primal Kyogre player but what will you be swapping out for it? Currently running 3 max elixir and 1 mega turbo. Either way, there are so many options in the upcoming set to make Primal Kyogre more fun to play with!

Definitely going to be using it with Primarina GX and Exp Share with Manaphy to juggle Primarinas. #OP

I'm definitely going to try it out in my M Gyarados Deck. It could be a really good combo with Mega Turbo. The fact that M Gyarados doesn't have grass weakness definitely helps the deck too. It won't replace Turbo Dark deck as my go-to deck, but it'll definitely be fun to mess around with on PTCGO.

Back