Ruling apology first question second

djpinkee

Aspiring Trainer
Like the the subject says first an apology. Sorry, ive seen a topic with this question answered, however i cant find it anymore, ive searched for like 30 minutes in between two of my classes today and i just cant locate it again.

Now my question, i will use an example.
Say i have a deck with 4 Mews (LM) can i run 4 Mew Exs with it? or since they are both mews it is a no?

I would appreciate an answer or just a link to thread with question answered. And i apologize once again for reposting the question

Yes, you can. The 4 card rule only applies to the NAME of the card, not the pokemon. So in this respect, Mew and Mew EX are two seperate names, therefore you can have 4 of each. (The same applies to Dark and 'Owner' pokemon)

Hope that helps!

Sceptile0111

I'll add a bit more to clarify:

The Delta Species mark is NOT part of a Pokémon's name. It's just a label. If you have 4 Charmander and 4 Charmander δ, you would NOT be allowed to include all eight Charmander in your deck. The only time you ever need to worry about the Delta Species mark is if a card calls for it. Otherwise, you treat the card as if the mark wasn't there.

So if you wanted 4 Aggron, 4 Aggron ex, and 4 Team Magma's Aggron in your deck, you could do that, since their names are different.

But if you wanted to use 4 Sceptile ex and 4 Sceptile ex δ in one deck, you could NOT do that because all of those cards have the same name.

Same goes with stars. You could have a deck with 4 Raikou, 4 Raikou ex, 4 Rocket's Raikou ex, and 1 Raikou *, since all those cards have different names.

Back