Discussion Anyone Notice How Some of These Toy's R Us Cards

Agb

Aspiring Trainer
Have Pokemon with moves that are NOT set with the amount of damage next to their move sets?

I was looking at the Collector's Album I had received from the event yesterday and two cards, Horsea and Seadra, both have Water Arrow. There is a description that says it does 10 and 30 damage, respectively for each Pokemon; however, you would expect it to have that amount of damage next to the move set. I would understand if it was one of those " Flip a coin heads or tails" and so it would not necessarily do that damage; however, it is inconsistent with how Pokemon cards used to be made. Every move that did damage with certainty had a damage number next to it.

The Attack says "This Attack does 10/30 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon" It can hit also benched Pokemon. Alolan Ninetales GX and Ho Oh GX have similar attacks.

The Attack says "This Attack does 10/30 damage to one of your opponent's Pokemon" It can hit also benched Pokemon. Alolan Ninetales GX and Ho Oh GX have similar attacks.

Well, in the collector's album versions of the Horsea, it just says "This attack does 10 damage to 1 of your opponents Pokemon". I am just wondering why they did not just put 10 damage next to the move instead.

The damage number to the right of the move is purely for damage to the opponent's active Pokemon. (It's also not used on Pokemon that do damage to every Pokemon on the opponent's side of the field, since "This attack does x damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon" already makes this clear.)

If it did have the number to the right, it would be doing 10 damage to the opponent's active Pokemon AND 10 damage elsewhere. (I'll go ahead and point out Ho-Oh EX from Breakpoint as an example of a card that can do something like this, though there are plenty.)

The damage number to the right of the move is purely for damage to the opponent's active Pokemon. (It's also not used on Pokemon that do damage to every Pokemon on the opponent's side of the field, since "This attack does x damage to each of your opponent's Pokemon" already makes this clear.)

If it did have the number to the right, it would be doing 10 damage to the opponent's active Pokemon AND 10 damage elsewhere. (I'll go ahead and point out Ho-Oh EX from Breakpoint as an example of a card that can do something like this, though there are plenty.)

That could be true. It also says on the Horsea card (Don't apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokemon) and so, for it to not be a number, it must have a different way of damaging in battle.

Back