• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Anti-Meta Deck (Landorus, Bouffalant, and friends)

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Ok, I'm entering my first Pokemon tournament in two weeks and I'm aiming for a deck ( using cards I have) to counter whatever I might find. As this will be my first tournament I'm not sure what the 'meta' is so I want to try and have an answer for as much as possible.
Here's my list in its current form:

Pokemon:
  • 1 Landorus EX (BCR)
  • 1 Stunfisk (DRX)
  • 3 Bouffalant (DRX)
  • 1 Drifblim (PLB)
  • 2 Drifblim (DRX)
  • 3 Drifloon (PLB)
  • 1 Mewtwo EX (NXD)
  • 2 Sigilyph (DRX)
  • 1 Suicune (PLB)
  • 1 Sawk (PLB)
Supporters/ Stadiums/ ACE Spec/ Items
  • 4 Professor Juniper
  • 4 N
  • 3 Skyla
  • 1 Colress
  • 1 Computer Search
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher
  • 4 Switch
  • 4 Silver Bangle
  • 2 Enhanced Hammer
  • 2 Ultra Ball
  • 1 Super Rod
  • 2 Tool Scrapper
Energies:
  • 4 Double Colourless Energy
  • 4 Fighting Energy
  • 4 Prism Energy

Originally I was going to go with Darkrai and Bouffalant but I've found that Landorus is easier to snipe with, as it only needs one energy. As I'll be sniping a lot more with Landorus I've reduced the Laser count.
Strategy is to start with Landorus and spread as much damage as I can so that Boufflant can come in and swing for 150 which will take out any damaged EXs. PLB Drifblim is great against TDKs and also discards their special energies which the DRX Drifblim can capitalise on. Also enhanced hammer helps power DRX Drifblim as well, who can counter any deck which use special energy. Mewtwo will help against Keldeo and Sawk is for other Plasma fun.
At the moment I would like to add in another Mewtwo and another DCE.
Any and all help is greatly appreciated :)
Thanks!!

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
I would suggest to get rid of the virbank and hypnotoxic lasers for the mewtwo ex, DCE, and another tool scrapper. If you run bangles you wont really VCG/HTL because of that extra 30 dm you are doing anyways. And 2 tool scrapper is pretty much a minimum in any deck at the moment.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Ah awesome! Yeah I only had the laserbank as an alternative for the an extra 30dmg, but I'd much prefer the second mewtwo :)
Thanks heaps!
So I've now:
-1 VCG
-2 HTL

+ 1 Mewtwo Ex
+ 1 DCE
+ 1 Tool Scrapper

Are there any decks you think that ill be in trouble against, since I haven't played outside my home I can't really test.. I've only tested on my TDK and it holds it own pretty well.

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
Traditional big basics may give you issue since it can be built with almost no special energies or plasma pokemon.

If you need to test more try PlayTCG.com it's what I use its a little hard to learn but it's one of the mist exstensive card database.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Ah cool! I've never used that before but sounds great! How does it compare to PTCGO? Can I just say what cards I want in my deck?
Also if I were to struggle against Big Basics how would one counter it?

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
In PlayTCG.com yes you can just saw what cards you want in your deck NOTE: you have to build the deck on Bebesearch.com then log into PlayTCG with your Bebesearch account. as for comparison, if you like animations and cool graphics your not gonna get it at PlayTCG, its basic in the sense that it shuffles and draws randomly, but you have to tell your opponent the attack, damage and effects.

For countering Big Basics, running cards with Safeguard Poke-ability are good as they counter all EX's. the only 2 i know of are Suicune PLB and Siglyph PLS? the ability prevents all effects of an attack including damage done to the pokemon with this ability.

also, Silver Bangle are good cards as it adds 30 damage against EX's, another option is Boufflant with Gold breaker attack. drop a bangle on him and you hit EX's for 150 for 3 [C] energy.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Ah ok, when I've got time I'll definitely give it a go :)
I've got Boufflant and bangle for dealing with EXs.
If I were to put in Sigilyph would I put in Appropriate energy to attack with it or just for stalling purposes?

King Arceus

Aspiring Trainer
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Well you could change 2 Fighting to Prism Energies possibly. Then it wouldn't disrupt the energy counts for other Pokemon.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm that could work..
Originally when I made the deck I had a darkrai, 2 sableye and 4 prisms so that I could give everything with prisms free retreat from darkrai and also so I could use sableye.. Then I took it out cos I didn't really use them much and I found they were taking up important space..

Ok I think ill take out that second Mewtwo EX and the Sawk and put in two Sigilyphs and two prisms :)

So
- 1 Mewtwo EX
- 1 Sawk
- 2 Fighting Energy

+ 2 Sigilyph
+ 2 Prism Energy

Are they the right things I should take out? I rarely am able to use Sawk so I figured I'd
Drop him off Sigilyph :)

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
Squirtle Squad said:
Hmm that could work..
Originally when I made the deck I had a darkrai, 2 sableye and 4 prisms so that I could give everything with prisms free retreat from darkrai and also so I could use sableye.. Then I took it out cos I didn't really use them much and I found they were taking up important space..

Ok I think ill take out that second Mewtwo EX and the Sawk and put in two Sigilyphs and two prisms :)

So
- 1 Mewtwo EX
- 1 Sawk
- 2 Fighting Energy

+ 2 Sigilyph
+ 2 Prism Energy

Are they the right things I should take out? I rarely am able to use Sawk so I figured I'd
Drop him off Sigilyph :)

Yours are good choices. only other option i see would be -1 bouffalant and put back the +1 sawk just for possible T1 100 damage to TDK thunderus.

Rummage

I would try either a Chimchar (Costs 1 Fire) or a Larvesta (Cost 2 colorless). Both do 20 damage, but with a Silver Bangle... that's 100 to either Virizion or GenesectEX... it can be a nice surprise, along with the fact neither is an EX.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Hmm for VirGen I think it'd be easier to just bash through with Bouffalant.. Which saves me space because its already in the deck, and also because of my next problem that occur this morning when I found out no fake cards were allowed... I was expecting it though... Which is a problem as I have only got one Landorus EX.
Evrything else is fine though.
I've got two options that have crossed my mind, because I still want to keep the snipe damage that Boufflant can then KO. I can either swap the one proxied Landorus for a Stunfisk and snipe with 20dmg, which is ok cause most EXs have 170 HP meaning Boufflant can still do his thing. Or try and use Kyurem Plasma and throw in one plasma energy and a Colress machine to really confuse the opponent as to what I'm actually playing.
I personally think Stunfisk is the safer option, but Kyurem could be interesting... Also if I go with Kyurem then I'll definitely putting Sawk back into my list to counter Darkrai and thundurus as well as throwing in the fourth silver bangle?

Method 1: (Stunfisk)
All I would do is:
-1 Landorus EX
+1 Stunfisk (DRX)

Method 2: (Kyurem)
-2 Landorus EX
-5 fighting energy
-1-1 line of either Driflblim not sure...
-1 Colress
-1 Enhanced Hammer
-1 switch

+ 2 Kyurem
+ 5 water energy
+1 plasma energy
+1 Colress machine
+1 Sawk
+1 silver bangle
+1 Skyla

Any thoughts or opinions? Really not sure what to do here..

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Bump1..
Ok the second Landorus EX is definitely out of the picture... I've tried getting it with no luck :( and singles take too long to ship to Australia so I can't do that either..
Meaning I need to go with either of the two methods mentioned above, (adding the Stunfisk, or adding plasma Kyurem) or add in blend wlfm and a combination of both Landorus and Kyurem.
Please help! Don't know which way to go...

Cortel II

I am the Doom master
I would personally do method 1 just because it won't hurt your consistency virtually at all. The other method changes the entire dynamic of your deck, making it theory, less consistent.

Squirtle Squad

Aspiring Trainer
Thanks, yeah that's what I was leaning towards anyway, especially as stunfisk and bouffalant can still take out most EXs
Ok so Ive made that change:
-1 Landorus EX
+1 Stunfisk (DRX)
I've also done a couple of smaller changes as well being:
-1 Enhanced Hammer
-1-1 Drifblim/drifloon (PLB)
-1 Fighting Energy

+1 Silver Bangle
+1 Suicune (PLB)
+1 Sawk (PLB)
+1 Prism Energy

I haven't tested these changes as of yet but suicune with bangle OHKOs Landorus and any fire types (but i definitely won't see any of those I think.) also it has EX immunity which is a lovely ability!
What do you think of these changes?