Discussion Answer to the meta

ShaunTheBoufflant

Like No One Ever Was
So which one is stronger against certain match ups and which one is stronger overall?

Personally I feel it's absol. Let me know your opinion guys aand girls

The meta is like 5 different decks (PikaRom, Zapados, Malamar, ZoroRoc/Luc, Blacephalon) Absol is only relevant to like 1/2 of the meta

The thing is absol makes opponent over commit energies for retreat then leaves them with less when you take a Return KO AND it's a basic as opposed to alolan muk which not only makes it easier to get it's effect, but also takes less deck space too.

That's my reasoning behind my choice

Like it really slows down normal and ultra Mally. Slows down all decks playing the jirachi escape board line and just slows down decks that rely on only losing one energy on a basic to retreat

Blacepphalon doesn't care about it
ZoroRoc doesn't care about it
Malamar can play around it with Malamar's Psychic Recharge and running a bunch of switch cards

It's not that Absol is bad, it's is good. But I think you're really overstating how effective Absol is against the meta

Finding an answer to the meta is the central challenge in deckbuilding in this game, solving it is how you win tournaments.

I don't think Absol's it right now though, even with high counts, 'cause switching cards are everywhere in decks that actually want to move their pokemon. Not that it's necessarily bad, I'm sure whiffing a swing turn can matter in some matchups, but I don't think it's the big secret that'll let someone take the next regional.

Back