• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Standard Another Zoroark Archetype, Empoleon?

monsterenergy77

Aspiring Trainer
****** Pokémon Trading Card Game Deck List ******

##Pokémon - 17

* 3 Zorua SLG 52
* 3 Zoroark-GX SLG 53
* 2 Tapu Lele-GX GRI 60
* 4 Piplup UPR 31
* 1 Prinplup UPR 33
* 4 Empoleon UPR 34

##Trainer Cards - 31

* 4 Ultra Ball SLG 68
* 4 Cynthia UPR 119
* 3 Guzma BUS 115
* 1 Lillie UPR 125
* 2 Judge FLI 108
* 4 Aqua Patch GRI 119
* 3 Choice Band BUS 162
* 2 Escape Rope BUS 114
* 4 Nest Ball SUM 123
* 4 Rare Candy SUM 129

##Energy - 12

* 12 Water Energy Energy 3

Total Cards - 60

****** Deck List Generated by the Pokémon TCG Online www.pokemon.com/TCGO ******

Just a little archetype I thought of, might be ok. I dont play Zoroark at all so I could take some suggestions if anyone has any.

Why no DCE? Definitely use DCE to attack with Zoroark or Empoleons second attack. Otherwise, your deck seems really solid.

Great decklist, I love this archetype :)

I agree with @FlashRayquaza, you absolutely need 4 DCE in order to abuse Zoroark's Riotous Beating, which is your 1-energy attachment attack.
It's very important to chain your attacks, even if your opponent manages to KO your active Empoleon. I know that Aqua Patch helps a lot to chain the Total Commands each turns, but a simple Riotous Beating can win you some games.

Moreover, Zoroark GX hits a few Pokémon for weakness, which is great in some machups : Dawn Wings Necrozma GX, Banette GX, Lunala...
Its psychic resistance can be relevant sometimes too.

Have you considered running a copy of Rescue Stretcher in this deck ?
It can be important to have a way to recover some ressources lost in the early game (you can have to ultra-ball or trade away some Pokémon, or your opponent may KO some basics)...

With Zoroark GX, I like to play a copy of Mallow in order to access the needed cards at the right moment.
Perhaps would it be an idea... you could have some special inclusions thanks to that, such as a Counter Energy in order to Total Command for a single energy attachment, or anything else... :)

Back