• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Annoying Sealife Assortment (Seismitoad EX / Sharpedo EX / Crawdaunt)

Pipotchi

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon:

• 3 Sharpedo EX
    3-3 Crawdaunt
    2 Seismitoad EX
    2 Yveltal
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:

• 4 Muscle Band
    1 Weakness Policy
    2 Switch
    3 Ultra Ball
    1 Sacred Ash
    3 Silent Lab
    2 Head Ringer
    1 Hypnotoxic Laser
    1 Target Whistle
    1 Dowsing Machine

2 AZ
    4 N
    4 Juniper
    1 Colress
    2 Lysandre
    1 Skyla
    2 VS Seeker
Energy:

• 12 Darkness Energy

kbSELt8.jpg

sharpedo.gif
crawdaunt.gif
seismitoad.gif
yveltal.gif
-(pretend i am a duck)

Strategy:

Not sure how well this one will work but this will probably be the first deck I try out alongside the Yoga Kick deck... the idea is basically just to be a complete and utter pain in the ass by repeatedly discarding energies. Seismitoad EX and Yveltal EX are both good starters- either you could power up Sharpedo's 3 attack cost with Oblivion Wing or you can stall for time while probably preventing your opponent's setup with Seismitoad EX- either way, I think the deck should be able to start off nicely. The idea is to basically knock things out with Seismitoad EX and Sharpedo, all the while keeping the opponent energy-depraved with Crawdaunt's ability and Head Ringer. Sharpedo EX was chosen over Yveltal EX because it also discards energy with its 2nd attack, whilst being able to 2hko a Garbodor off the bench with Hunt. With Muscle Band, 120 damage also sets up Sharpedo EX to snipe 170hp pokemon off the bench with Hunt which is nice. Since Crawdaunt is locking down the active pokemon with its ability, being able to always have the option of dragging a new pokemon out of the safety of the bench with Hunt is nice to have the option- however I am not relying too heavily on it since I want to be using Sharpedo's 2nd attack mostly, or it might be better to just attack with Seismitoad, so Im still running 2 Lysandres.
I was wondering how much AZ to put in this deck, and how much Scoop Ups etc... in the end I went for 2 AZs along with 2 VS Seekers and 1 Dowsing Machine which would give me the option of discarding 8 energy with Crawdaunts in a match, which seemed like more than enough. I dont think I have to endlessly cycle Crawdaunts to win since Sharpedo can always discard an energy every turn from the active pokemon too. Its just a way to keep the opponent from attacking while I set up and collect prizes.

I also threw in a target whistle because Hunt has some nice synergy with it... I could pick a 50 hp pokemon out of the discard and knock it out for the last prize for instance- or vs Pyroar+Seismitoad, I can use target whistle to bring back seismitoads if I am having too much trouble knocking out Pyroars. Dowsing Machine + target whistle is enough to bring a seismitoad back twice which should be enough- and im confident enough in seismitoad EX vs a pure fire pyroar deck.

For stadium I used silent lab because that allows me to deal with safeguarders much easier, and worry less about genesect virizion sniping my weak bench with red signal.

There should probably be some DCE in here somewhere.... but not rly sure how to fit it in, and only Seismitoad and Crawdaunt want to use it (and crawdaunt should rarely be attacking).

Hi Pipotchi,

Nice deck. Consider to run one more Head Ringer and some Virbank and Laser in case the deck wants to focus a little more on Seismitoad Ex.

- 1 Target Whistle (needed the space and assume that Pyroar will be less effective with more offensive evolutions around)
- 1 Sacred Ash (needed the space and there seems to be no need to retrieve Pokémon)
- 1 Weakness Policy (switch to Sharpedo Ex when facing VirGen)
- 2 Silent Lab (Seismitoad Ex relies on damage boost)
- 1 Skyla (one seems to be insufficient)

+ 2 Virbank City Stadium (damage boost for Seismitoad Ex)
+ 2 Hypnotoxic Laser (damage boost and nice disabler card)
+ 1 Head Ringer (works well with the theme)
+ 1 Vs Seeker (needed to reuse Az)

To have a faster start you could consider to run three Double Colorless instead of three Darkness Energy and also consider to use Scoop Up Cyclone instead of Dowsing Maschine to make use of Crauwdant. Would be tempted to tech in one Darkrai Ex to make sure the main attackers can retreat for free. Maybe one less Switch for one tech Darkrai Ex?

Back