Media Anime That Make You Cry

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
Tell me about some anime/manga you cried when watch/reading and what happened to make you cry. Remember to use spoilers when talking about deaths and endings.

1. Brooks back story. Holy crap guys. when his whole crew dies, and technically he does, too, it's one of the most touching parts in the story so far.
2. Robin's back story was even worse. I didn't stop crying for the whole flashback. Especially when Saul died.
3. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACCCCCCEEEEEE
4. Luffy's back story. I was already sad enough because of Ace's death, and then they kill Sabo.

Most of the other Strawhats had really touching stories,(screw you Sanji) but these ones were the most touching.
Moderator Note: Please make sure you spoiler your moments. We don't want people chasing us for revealing the developments in the amazing anime they've began watching. Thank you.
~Chaos Jackal

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Several times during reading One Piece, like what happened to Merry. There are some anime that made me cry a little but I don't remember which ones... Probably Welcome to the NHK at least. It's a real depression fest.

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Well I don't actually cry, but I feel tears in my eyes often when I'm watching Fairy Tail. It's by far my favourite anime and when the main characters are going through hard times or when you see how much they are willing to do to help their friends, I can't stop it. :p

Delta

Selling colourful Pokemon to Celadon Game Corner
I cry all the time.

RIP Caesar
caesar.png

Drohn

Wild War Dance
Watching Delta post made me remember one of the anime where I actually almost col (cried out loud). I don't know how I could forget about Attack on Titan.
It's one of my favourite anime series, but it's so sad at the same time. The main character saw his own mother getting eaten by a titan as just a little kid and they all lost so much friends/family. I probably almost cried in every episode. One of the best yet saddest series.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Whitebeard's final speech in One Piece. Pride and sorrow, a tribute to the great man he is. I didn't cry, but it's the closest I've come to in years.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon
I do remember getting very sad with an anime about Robin Hood somewhere in the late 90's, where there was this red-haired guy who wasn't evil and liked Marian (Mirian?) but
ended up dying (I think it was one of those "cliff sacrificed deaths")...
his music and story was so sad...I might have cried but it's been sooo long.

The appearence of the cyborgs back in Dragon Ball Z was so scary, first the doctor and the pale chubby and then the twins. They were powerful, couldn't be detected by their aura (since they laked it) and they started killing everyone. Worse yet was one of the VHS about the twin cyborg brothers - C17 & C18 -, where they
killed Gohan
, my favorite character. Again, I think I cried.

Pokémon - Butterfree's
release episode.
Yup, I'm sure I cried on this one!

Samurai 7 - At first I didn't liked Kikuchiyo but by the end I was liking him and
then he dies, leaving the small priestess to be without her future husband.

Of course, Samurai X. I've cried soooo much with
the death of Lady Magdalia. The whole Christian arc was somewhat dark and sad and Magdalia was beautiful but since her first appearence we could tell that something was wrong and that her story with Samanosuke wouldn't end the best way, and it didn't...Oh, and her brother playing Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven only added more sadness.

Trinity Blood.
The death of Sister Paula
was touching and the hole series had a lot of sad moments and it's an anime where the chance of things going wrong is high, with moments of tension.

Princess Mononoke and Howl's Moving Castle. In the first one, the moments that follow the beheading of the forest god are very sad and the second has that air of looming war and death that never let me felt at ease with how it would end and that main music has a sound of nostalgia and the past that won't come back that in the end I just keep looking at the screen while the credits roll and start thinking about life.

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
My god, how'd I forget to put Anohana up there. Halfway through episode 1, I started crying, and didn't stop until a good 20 minutes after the end.

Chaos Jackal

Legend of the Past
Here's a Death Note moment. For your information, Death Note is one of the worst anime to spoil, so don't you dare open the box if you haven't seen/read it.
Light's death in the last episode almost brought tears to my eyes. How he sees L's apparition, how he remembers the past, how he thinks he sees himself running past him. Many have described Light as diabolical or even evil, but this last moment showed just how the Death Note changed him, just who he really is. As for me, being a fan of both Light and Death Note Light (and always considering him more intelligent than L, Near or Mello), I can't help but feel sad at the outcome. For me, Light is a tragic character more than anything else.

Warrior Weasel 1986

Sultansworn
Gurren Lagann. Not even for the obvious reasons. While the deaths and that ending where incredibly sad what really brought tears to my eyes was the character Viral.

As quoted from the Wikipedia article:

It is shown that his deepest desire is to get married and have children, but cannot do so as Beastmen lack the spiral energy necessary for reproduction.

From a villain/rival character I found extremely annoying to one of the most beautiful characters in the entire series.

That pure, honest desire.. It truly moved me. That was the episode that brought me to tears.

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
One Piece has had its moments for me but in the battle at Marineford and the aftermath...

They way Dadan started to smack Garp around for not being able to save Ace was tear jerking.

And although Gundam Seed Destiny was horrible there was that moment...

when Stellar died and Shinn starts weeping. I did not care for Stellar really but I felt Shinn's pain even though his character is flawed and I can't understand his attraction towards her I did feel really sad he went through that.

I do get sad when a character passes away but how the characters react to it and how the voice actors perform really sells it.

TokyoToots

7 year old weeaboo
Leaf_Ranger said:
Pokémon - Butterfree's release episode. Yup, I'm sure I cried on this one!

GadgetJax said:
C'mon, this is a Pokemon themed forum, and NOBODY listed "Bye, Bye, Butterfree?" Easily the most touching moment of anybody's childhood.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer
Grave of The Fireflies, if you haven't seen it, get some pillows, food and tissues and make sure you don't have any plans for the next week. You'll be going on a feels trip, because the feels on the bus go round and round.

If you suffer from depression, don't watch.

Axell Starr

I will set you ablaze now
I have to say the Senshi's deaths while fighting Queen Baryl and th breakup scenes with Mamuro and Usagi. Dem breakup scenes are full of too many feels. Also, that disheartening scene with them at the lake in Hearts On Ice. I've only been through those in-the-heat-of-the-fight-and-make-up-the-next-day splits, so I can't relate fully, but it's because I have an idea of what it feels like is why those scenes in sailor moon are so crushing to me.

Also, In black cat (one of my favorite anime of all time) when my favorite character, Saya, gets slowly served a nice big fresh glass or redrum all up on her i cry. She dies too early in the series, but at least they let her be alvie for some time in the anime, she's already dead in volume 1 of the manga.

Off the top of my head, these are the only 2 I can think of.

comic321

Adventuring Spirit
Sword Art Online. That moment when Kirito & Asuna introduced themselves for real when they died & he beat Heathcliff.

Mr.Muffin

Cooler than Everyone who is less Cool than Me!
I have never cried at a film or show except for Barefoot Gen. It is pretty much an emotional roller coaster. No one knows how sad Barefoot Gen is until you watch it. It is about a small boy, and his family who lived in Hiroshima when the Atom Bomb was dropped. You see everything happen during the drop. It doesn't hold back. You see people die in fires, and flesh melt off of people.

One moment is scarred into my mind, and that is why Barefoot Gen is going to stay in my Top 25 favorite movies ever.

SPOILER FOR BAREFOOT GEN.
When the bomb drops, and Gen's family dies in the fire

Seven is a Color

Spinda Doctors
I cried in the Pokemon anime at the end of the Johto saga when Ash, Brock, and Misty all said goodbye to one another. I thought Brock and Misty were gone for good.

I cried at the Going Merry funeral in One Piece.

I think Yui from Sword Art Online also made me cry.

GrandPanacea

Thread Necromancer
Advanced Member
The ending to Death Parade made me a bit teary-eyed. Fullmetal Alchemist when that scene immediately followed by that other scene happened ("It's a terrible day for rain"). No. 6 was also a tear-jerker. Oh, and Haibane Renmei.

I highly recommend all of them.