• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Ancient Swampert Deck (Miltank / Swampert / Keldeo)

Chiraisu

Aspiring Trainer
Pokemon: 14

• 4 Mudkip PRC
    2 Marshtomp PRC
    4 Swampert PRC (Ancient Trait Swampert)
    2 Miltank FLF
    2 Keldeo-EX
Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums: 34

• 2 N
    2 Shauna
    2 Tierno
    2 Professor Sycamore
    2 Teammates
    2 Skyla
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Lysandre

4 Dive Ball
    1 Master Ball
    3 Rare Candy
    3 Bicycle
    2 Professor's Letter
    3 Muscle Band
    1 Energy Retrieval
    1 Startling Megaphone

2 Rough Seas

Energy: 12

• 12 Water Energy

Strategy:

The primary strategy for this deck is to make use of dive ball, rare candy, and teammates to set up Swampert as fast as possible. In the new face of ever increasing powerful EX pokemon, stage 2 need to set up fast. Miltank is in because it can be a good starter that can hit for 100 so long as a Swampert sits on your bench for only one energy. Keldeo EX is mostly in for a tech as he can rush in after getting pumped up and save some energies off a retreat.

I went with more flat draw over re-draw cards in the deck due to how many cards are needed at the same time to get things rolling. So far, it has seemed to do a good job at that using bicycle and tierno to draw into the other cards I need in addition to what is already in hand. Energy Retrieval Is primarily in the deck as a way to get back energies for more Alpha Growth after a Swampert gets KO'd.

Cards I have considered:

Huntail PRC: Looking at this card, it is a very solid stage 1 attacker that does more for every energy you have on all your pokemon. This capitalizes very well on the Alpha Growth mechanic and can boost his numbers to a very good amount pretty easily. He has low health, but a good attack.

Energy Switch: With swampert you can essentially attach 3 energy per turn, but only to him. Using this card can move energy over to keldeo in a pinch and utilize his attack for higher numbers. It's a versatile card that adds more options to the deck.

Float Stone: Swampert already hits like a truck without muscle band. He has a 3 cost retreat, and losing energy in this deck can be a huge hit. This keeps energy on a retreat, and has perfect synergy with Keldo EX, too.

Acro Bike: Look at the top 2, draw one of them. Good synergy with Diving Search, Swampert's ability.

Scramble Switch: It would take the place of master ball, but I can see how good this card is. I can use it to switch out a mega buffed Swampert with a Keldeo EX, and move the energies over, too. More importantly, I can access it easily using Diving Search or a Skyla.

Hard Charm: I thought about the possibilities of using this over Muscle band since many of the attackers don't have a set cap in their damage. They are mostly non EX pokemon that would see some good use out of the extra defense. Utilized with Rough Seas it could make the deck over all fairly hard to one shot.

RE: Ancient Swampert Deck (Miltank / Swampert / Keldeo BCR))

Swampert attaches 2, not 3. Alpha Growth lets you attach 2 energy INSTEAD of 1, not 1 PLUS another 2.

I see too many people thinking that way, that is not how it works.

Other than that, your ideias seem good, but you will probably burn yourself out of your deck way too fast. Also, I understand your reasoning behind tierno, but re-draw outclasses flat draw, as even Birch provides better cards per supporter use than Tierno.

-2 Tierno
-2 Shauna
-3 Bicycle -
If you're going to play Item-based draw in this deck, there's no reason to not play Acro Bike. Obviously use Swampert's Ability to control your top deck, and then play Acro Bike, and you'll get exactly what you want.
-1 Dive Ball
-1 Professor's Letter -
One with Energy Retrieval should be plenty.
-1 Master Ball
-2 Rough Seas -
You need to make room for other things. A counter Stadium would be nice if you can find room for it, but I'd suggest Training Center instead of Rough Seas because Rough Seas can only maybe turn 2HKO's into 3HKO's, but Training Center can turn OHKO's into 2HKO's which I think is more important. An Yveltal doesn't just automatically wipe all of your Energy off of the board.
-2 Water Energy

+2 N
+2 Skyla -
These are a lot better than Tierno and Shauna
+2 Pokémon Fan Club - Searches out your Pokémon under Item lock. It can get you everything that Dive Ball can't. Really good to have in hand turn one.
+1 Lysandre
+1 Lysandre's Trump Card -
This deck needs Trump Card, mainly to recycle Energy.
+3 Acro Bike
+2 VS Seeker -
Staple.
+1 Computer Search - Superior search compared to Master Ball. And you don't play Ultra Ball, so discarding shouldn't be a problem.

Back