TCG Fakes Ancient Resonance (Original Expansion) - Fossil Pokémon!

Reckless Force should be worded as (Ref: Lugia-EX, Golurk AOR):

If your opponent’s Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack of this Pokémon, you may put 2 damage counters on this Pokémon. If you do, put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

The reason damage counters is used is because the effect is an ability, not an actual attack.

Reckless Force should be worded as (Ref: Lugia-EX, Golurk AOR):

If your opponent’s Pokémon is Knocked Out by damage from an attack of this Pokémon, you may put 2 damage counters on this Pokémon. If you do, put 3 damage counters on 1 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

The reason damage counters is used is because the effect is an ability, not an actual attack.

I was wondering about this, but must admit I went with "takes damage" because it sounded cooler. It is better with correct wording though, because it'd mean Rampardos can't abuse Hard Charm haha.

Tweaked Rampardos' damage a bit to fit with the adjustment. I'd say it's worth 120 now that Hard Charm can't be used.

Today's updates. This concludes the Fossil Pokemon in this set!

(Quick question- am I updating too much? Too quickly? I'm always quite excited to share my ideas and didn't know if I was overdoing it.)

Bastiodon-F - Metal - 130HP
Pokémon-F

Ability: Heavy Load
This Pokémon may have up to 3 Pokémon Tool cards attached to it.

[M][C][C] Ancient Steel Barrier: 40 damage. During your opponent's next turn, any damage done to this Pokémon by the Defending Pokémon is reduced by 20.

Weakness: Fighting (x2)
Resistance: Psychic (-20)
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Genesect - Steel - 120HP
Basic

[M] Call for Family: Search your deck for Genesect, reveal it, and put it onto your Bench. Shuffle your deck afterward.

[M][C] Paleo Cannon: 20x damage. Put as many Fossil Item cards from the discard pile into the Spirit Dimension as you wish. This attack does 20 damage for each Fossil card put into the Spirit Dimension in this way.

Weakness: Fire (x2)
Retreat: [C]

Celebi (R.Aura) - Grass - 70HP
Basic

Radiant Aura (After you use this effect, place this card in the Spirit Dimension)
Memory Shrine: Until the end of your turn, each of your evolved Pokémon can use any attack and Ability from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary energy to use each attack.)

[G] Time Skip: 20 damage. During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Aura Pokémon. At the start of your next turn, (immediately after your draw) shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Resistance: Water (-20)

Litleo - Fire - 60HP
Basic

[R] Kindle: If your opponent's Active Pokémon has more HP than this Pokémon, you can attach a [R] Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon.

[R][C] Fire Fang: 20 damage.

Weakness: Water (x2)
Resistance:

Pyroar - Fire - 100HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Litleo

Ability: Moxie
When this Pokémon Knocks Out an opponent's Pokémon, place 1 "Moxie Counter" on this Pokémon. This Pokémon's attacks do 10 more damage for each "Moxie Counter" on it.

[R][C][C] Queen's Roar: 40x damage. This attack does 40 damage for each Litleo on your Bench.

Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C]

Mareep - Lightning - 50HP
Basic

[L] Discharge: 30 damage. This attack does 10 damage to each of your Benched Pokémon. (Do not apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Resistance: Steel (-20)

Flaaffy - Lightning - 80HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Mareep

Ability: Static
If this Active Pokémon is damaged by an attack, flip a coin. If heads, the Attacking Pokémon is now Paralyzed.

[L][C] Woollectric Dart: 30+ damage. You can discard a [L] Energy card from your hand. If you do, this attack does 30 more damage.

Ampharos - Lightning - 130HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Flaaffy

[L][L] Signal Beam: 40+ damage. If the Defending Pokémon is Paralyzed, this attack does 20 more damage.

[L][L][C] Volt Destroyer: 60+ damage. If the Defending Pokémon is your opponent's Active Pokémon at the end of your opponent's next turn, put 7 damage counters on that Pokémon.

Retreat: [C][C][C]

Last edited:
An Aura-heavy update today, with a couple of fun whales...

Delibird (R.Aura) - Water - 80HP
Basic

Radiant Aura (After you use this effect, place this card in the Spirit Dimension)
Special Present: Discard a Special Energy from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a card, shuffle your deck, then put that card on top of it.

[W] Chilly Gift: Flip a coin. If heads, you draw 2 cards. If Tails, your opponent draws 2 cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance:

The next card is my equivalent of Shaymin...I thought this format needed a bit more draw.

Deoxys (R.Aura) - Psychic - 90HP
Basic Pokémon

Deep-Space Draw: Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand. You can’t use more than 1 Deep-Space Draw each turn.

[P][C] D.N.A. Laser: 10x damage. This attack does 10 damage for each different Type of Pokémon in play. (yours and your opponent's.)

Weakness: Psychic (x2)
Resistance:

Pidgey - Normal - 60HP
Basic

[C] Sand-Attack: 20 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, any damage done to this Pokemon during your opponent's next turn is reduced by 20 (after applying Weakness and Resistance).

Weakness: Lightning (x2)
Resistance: Fighting (-20)

Pidgeotto - Normal - 80HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Pidgey

Ability: High Flight
Once during your turn (before your attack), you may return this Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand.

[C][C][C] Wing Attack: 40 damage.

Pidgeot (R.Aura) - Normal - 120HP
Stage 2 - Evolves from Pidgeotto

Giant Gust: Return 1 of your Pokémon and all cards attached to it to your hand. Then, your opponent can return 1 of his or her Pokémon and all cards attached to it to his or her hand.

[C][C][C] Mach Gust: 100- damage. This attack does 20 less damage for each [C] in the Defending Pokemon's retreat cost.

Retreat:

Wailmer - Water - 100HP
Basic

[W][C] Water Gulp: You can attach 1 [W] Energy card from your hand to this Pokémon. If you do, heal 30 damage from it.

[W][W][C] Spherical Impact: 20+ damage. This attack does 20 more damage for each [C] in the Defending Pokémon's Retreat cost.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance:

Wailord - Water - 180HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Wailmer

Ability: Deep Dive
When this Pokémon moves from the Active spot to the Bench, you can put 1 [W] Energy and 1 [W] Pokémon from your discard pile into your hand.

[W][W][W][C] Megaton Breaching: 50 damage. If this Pokémon was on your Bench and became your Active Pokémon this turn, this attack does 10 damage to each of your opponent's Benched Pokémon.

Weakness: Grass (x2)
Resistance:
Retreat: [C][C][C][C]

Junk Arm
Item
Discard 2 cards from your hand. Search your discard pile for a Trainer card, show it to your opponent, and put it into your hand. You can't choose Junk Arm with the effect of this card.

Last edited:
:O - A Junk Arm reprint! That'd be interesting. :p

Anyways, should Deoxy's Aura effect be worded more like Octillery BRT? I'm not too sure if you have your own wording for the aura effects or not. :p

:O - A Junk Arm reprint! That'd be interesting. :p

Anyways, should Deoxy's Aura effect be worded more like Octillery BRT? I'm not too sure if you have your own wording for the aura effects or not. :p

I thought it would give a neat little way for Fossils to recycle FRM!

I wanted to word it that way so that players would only be able to use one Deoxys per turn, rather than one effect per Deoxys like with Octillery. If there's a better way to word it, I am happy to hear.

Ah, okay. Victini NVI is the best reference in this case. Your effect should then be worded:

Once during your turn (before your attack), you may draw cards until you have 6 cards in your hand. You can’t use more than 1 Deep-Space Draw Radiant Aura each turn.

Dragons, today.

Kyurem - Dragon - 100HP
Basic

Ability: Absofusion
Once during your turn, (before your attack,) you can attach Reshiram or Zekrom from your hand to this Pokémon as a Pokémon Tool card. When attached in this way, Kyurem is now the same type as the Pokémon you attached in addition to its existing types, and can use the attacks of the Pokémon you attached. You can't attach more than 1 Reshiram or Zekrom in this way.

[W][P][C] Cryolance: 40 damage. This attack does 30 damage to one of your opponent's Benched Pokémon. (Do not apply Weakness and Resistance for Benched Pokémon.)

Weakness: Fairy (x2)
Resistance:

Dialga (S.Aura) - Dragon - 120HP
Basic

Shadow Aura (After you use this effect, place this card in the Spirit Dimension)
Chrono-Lag: While this card is in your opponent's discard pile, only one Energy can be attached (by hand or by card effect) to any of yours or your opponent's Pokémon per turn.

[P][M][M][C] Time Erase: 60 damage. Discard 2 Energy attached to this Pokémon. Then, devolve each of your opponent's evolved Pokémon and shuffle the highest Stage Evolution card on it into your opponent's deck.

Resistance:

Miltank - Normal - 100HP
Basic

Ability: Milk Drink
Once during your turn, (before your attack,) you can discard an Energy attached to this Pokémon. If you do, heal 30 HP from your Active Pokémon and that Pokémon's attacks do 20 more damage to your opponent's Active Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance) until the end of your opponent's next turn.

[C][C] Invigorating Blow: 30+ damage. If this Pokémon was healed during this turn, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:

Clemont's Machine
Item
Attach a basic [L] Energy card from your discard pile to 1 of your Benched [L] Pokémon.

Aura Nullifier
Item
Put up to 2 Aura Pokémon from your discard pile into the Spirit Dimension.

Last edited:
Finally made some Pokemon Tools! My intention for my expansions is to give every Type some sort of Energy acceleration, and Hex Robe is meant to do that for Psychic.

Heatran - Fire - 100HP
Basic

Ability: Volcanic Furnace
Whenever any player puts a basic Fire Pokémon onto his or her Bench, he or she can search their discard pile for a [R] Energy and attach it to that Pokémon.

[R][R][C] Magma Storm: 50 damage. This attack does 10 damage to all Benched Pokémon (yours and your opponent's).

Resistance:

Yamask - Psychic - 60HP
Basic Pokémon

[P][C] Tears of Memory: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each Yamask in your discard pile.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance:

Cofagrigus - Psychic - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Yamask

Ability
Dragged into Darkness: While this Pokémon is in play, if either player's Active Aura Pokémon is Knocked Out, put that Pokémon in the Spirit Dimension. (Its Aura effect is not activated.)

[P][C][C] Shadow Hand: 20+ damage. If the Defending Pokémon has a Pokémon Tool attached, this attack does 30 more damage.

Weakness: Dark (x2)
Resistance:

Carvanha - Dark - 60HP
Basic

[D][C] Swarm Crunch: 50- damage. If there are no other Carvanha on your Bench, this attack does 30 less damage.

Resistance:

Sharpedo - Dark - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Carvanha

Ability: Cruel Regeneration
Once during your turn, (before your attack,) you can attach 1 [D] Energy card from your discard pile to this Pokémon. If you do, put 2 damage counters on this Pokémon.

[D][D] Jet-Black Fang: 50 damage. Discard a Special Energy or a Pokémon Tool attached to the Defending Pokémon.

Resistance:
Retreat:

Evo-Band
Pokémon Tool
The attacks of the Evolved Pokémon this card is attached to do 20 more damage to your opponent's Basic Pokémon (before applying Weakness and Resistance).

Hex Robe
Pokémon Tool
Each basic [P] Energy attached to the [P] Pokémon this card is attached to provides [P][P] Energy.

Just a couple of updates left. I will also be writing some backstory behind the cards in my sets, which will be included in my next set of fakes (whenever that may be).

Celebi (R.Aura) - Grass - 70HP
Basic

Memory Shrine: Until the end of your turn, each of your evolved Pokémon can use any attack and Ability from its previous Evolutions. (You still need the necessary energy to use each attack.)

[G] Time Skip: 20 damage. During your opponent's next turn, prevent all effects of attacks, including damage, done to this Pokémon by Aura Pokémon. At the start of your next turn, (immediately after your draw) shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Resistance: Water (-20)

Delibird (R.Aura) - Water - 80HP
Basic

Special Present: Discard a Special Energy from your hand. If you do, search your deck for a card, shuffle your deck, then put that card on top of it.

[W] Chilly Gift: Flip a coin. If heads, draw 2 cards. If Tails, your opponent draws 2 cards.

Weakness: Metal (x2)
Resistance:

Spritzee - Fairy - 60HP
Basic

[F] Sweet Aroma: Heal 20 damage from each of your [Y] Pokémon.

Weakness: Steel (x2)
Resistance: Dark (-20)

Aromatisse - Fairy - 90HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Spritzee

Ability
Invigorating Perfume: When you play this Pokémon from your hand to evolve one of your Pokémon, you can search your deck for 1 [Y] Energy, then attach it to one of your Pokémon. Then, shuffle your deck. If you use this Ability, your Active Pokémon is now Confused.

[Y][Y] Dazzling Gleam: 30 damage. Flip a coin. If heads, the Defending Pokémon is now Confused.

Resistance: Dark (-20)

Aura-Powered Ball
Item
Put 1 Aura Pokémon from your discard pile into the Spirit Dimension. (Its Aura effect is not activated.) Then, search your deck for a Pokémon, (excluding Aura Pokémon), reveal it, and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

The next one doesn't sound like it's worded right, so I would like some critique on this one specifically;

Team Flare Hideout
Stadium
Whenever any player's Active Pokémon becomes a Benched Pokémon, put 2 damage counters on that Pokémon.

Last edited:
I'm a bit concerned of the power level of Aromatisse. It's very easily spammable for [Y] types and is extremely powerful considering you could use four in a single turn, and then scoop up the Pokemon and reuse the ability.

Meanwhile, Team Flare Base can be worded as:

"Whenever any player's Active Pokémon becomes a Benched Pokémon, put 2 damage counters on that Pokémon."

Would it be better if it just accelerated 1 Energy? I've also been sure to avoid scoop-up items/supporters in my set, with Aura Pidgeot being the only one to have that effect.

And thanks for the wording!

I would recommend only going with 1, yeah. I'm wondering if you should put a damage counter or a few on the Aromatisse if you use the ability, as a bit more of a drawback.

Made it accelerate 1 Energy and confuse your Active Pokemon - just so you can't power stuff up and hit hard too quickly.

I really wanted to include the full Porygon line in this set, but I've included way too many Normal Pokemon as it is.

Buuuut I couldn't resist, so have 2 Porygons!

Porygon - Normal - 60HP
Basic

[C] Conversion: Choose a type of a Pokémon in play. As long as this Porygon is your Active Pokémon, it becomes that type instead of its original type.

[C][C] Cyberspace Charge: Search your deck for 2 in any combination of Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z (excluding Aura Pokémon) and put them onto your Bench or in the discard pile in any way you like. Then, shuffle this Pokémon and all cards attached to it into your deck.

Resistance:

Porygon-2 - Normal - 80HP
Stage 1 - Evolves from Porygon

Ability: Trace
Once during your turn, (before your attack), you can discard a Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z from your hand, and send a Pokémon with an Ability from your discard pile to the Spirit Dimension. If you do, until the end of your opponent's next turn, this Ability is now the Ability of the Pokémon you sent to the Spirit Dimension.

[C][C] Network Beam: 30+ damage. You may reveal your hand. If there is a Porygon, Porygon2 or Porygon-Z in your hand, discard pile and on your Bench, this attack does 30 more damage.

Resistance:

I really like the effect of "Nightmare Void," but am not sure if it's too overpowered...thoughts?

Darkrai - Dark - 100HP
Basic

[D] Sleep Paralysis: 30 damage. If the Defending Pokémon is currently Asleep, your opponent does not flip a coin for Sleep between turns, until the end of your next turn.

[D][D][C] Nightmare Void: 50 damage. Whenever a Pokémon is placed in your opponent's Discard pile during his or her next turn, that card is sent to the Spirit Dimension instead.

Mr Mime - Fairy - 70HP
Basic Pokémon

Ability: Trick
Once during your turn (before your attack), you can move one Pokémon Tool attached to one of your Pokémon to another of your Pokémon.

[F][C] Double Slap: 20+ damage. Flip 2 coins. This attack does 20 more damage for each heads.

Resistance:

Bloom Energy
Special Energy

This card can only be attached to [G] Pokémon. This card provides [G] Energy only while this card is attached to a [G] Pokémon.

When you attach this card from your hand to 1 of your [G] Pokémon, you can attach another [G] Energy card from your hand to the same Pokémon.

(If this card is attached to anything other than a [G] Pokémon, discard this card.)

Last edited:
Nice cards today! I quite like the synergy between the two Porygon, as it is self-sustainable. With Nightmare Void, it could be significantly powerful, however you may like to specify a specific type of card that will go to said dimension. Perhaps Pokemon cards, as you're dealing with Nightmare?

Just so you know, numbers should be always written in numerical form (like 1) not word (like one). There's also a few errors in most of the Porygon's attacks, which I can nitpick if you'd like.

Great idea - by making it a Pokémon, Darkrai can also disrupt Aura-based setup, and it can backfire on the Darkrai player if the opponent takes out one of their Shadow Aura Pokémon.

And nitpick away! Seeing as Porygon's attacks are pretty wordy, I thought I'd made a few mistakes somewhere.

[C] Conversion: Choose [a type of a] Pokémon in play. As long as this Porygon is your Active Pokémon, it and all [Pokémon] it [e]volves into become that [t]ype.

[C][C] Cyberspace Charge: Search your deck for [2] cards with Porygon in their name (excluding Aura Pokémon) and put them onto your Bench or in the discard pile in any way you like. Then, shuffle this [Pokémon] and all cards attached to it into your [d]eck.

I probably wouldn't go with the "all Pokemon it evolves into" effect for simplicity in both wording and the odd scenarios, but your choice of course. Also, I don't think Porygon-2 counts as having "Porygon in their name", but I'm not 100% on that one.

Ability: Trace
Once during your turn, (before your attack)[,] you [may] discard [a] card with Porygon in its name from your hand and send [a] Pokémon with an Ability from your discard pile to the Spirit Dimension. If you do, until the end of your opponent's next turn, this Ability [is now] the Ability of the Pokémon you sent to the Spirit Dimension.

[C][C][C] Network Beam: 30+ damage. You [may] reveal your hand. If there is a card with Porygon in its name in your hand, [d]iscard pile and on your Bench, this attack does 30 more damage and the Defending Pokémon is now Paralyzed.
Network Beam also feels a bit too powerful as it is very easy to Paralyze with the attack.

Removed the Paralysis effect from Network Beam and just made it do damage for now, but dropped its cost to a DCE. I figure with Trace, Porygon2 is already a decent card, so I don't need to go TOO overboard.

I agree with your point about "Porygon in its name," especially because I just realised that Porygon-2 is spelled Porygon2, all one word. Should I just go with "Porygon, Porygon2 and Porygon-Z" instead?

Back