Ancient Origins [8/15, aka Bandit Ring]

Rhesis

Chandelure Fan
Mmmmm but... the artwork of "Gardevoir" in the box is...MegaGardevoir just Mega evolved.

2utht3k.jpg

So... ¿Psychic Mega Gardevoir EX in the set? It doesnt seem the usual artwork for a Mega...

¿A new kind of introduce Megas like "Stage 3"? (because seems like a holo pattern, not EX pattern).

Its a little strange artwork for a simple Gardevoir...o_O

TheStrictNein

Has tried turning it off and on again
Mmmmm but... the artwork of "Gardevoir" in the box is...MegaGardevoir just Mega evolved.

2utht3k.jpg

So... ¿Psychic Mega Gardevoir EX in the set? It doesnt seem the usual artwork for a Mega...

¿A new kind of introduce Megas like "Stage 3"? (because seems like a holo pattern, not EX pattern).

Its a little strange artwork for a simple Gardevoir...o_O

It's not M Gard. Notice that there is only one chest spike, not two

Maserati777

Aspiring Trainer
I'd hope this set contains Aerodactyl Ex and Mega Aerodactyl Ex, Zapdos and Moltres Ex because we need full arts of them and since this is about ancient Pokemon they would fit well.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I suspect we'd get Latias EX and M. Latias EX here. Aerodactyl would be another good one. Full art or not I'd rather give some older Pokemon a chance such as Regigias and Suicune.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Interestingly enough, the AmiAmi sales page for Bandit Ring has been updated with some numbers for card types. They claim that there will be 81 cards + URs, with 11 of those being RR (the Japanese rarity for EXes and M EXes) and 11 as SRs (FAs). However, if you add up all of their given numbers (37 C, 24 U, 9 R, 11 RR, 11 SR), you actually get 92 cards (without counting URs) rather than 81, so I dunno. >.>Maybe that 81 number also doesn't count SRs?

In any event, 11 SRs is the same number we got in XY6 (Emerald Break). There were only 9 RRs in XY6, but there were also the Rayquazas released in the Mega Battle Deck which would have brought the full number to 11.

I think it's unlikely that we'll get any set EXes/M-EXes without corresponding FAs, so I'm not sure how the balance would be restored. Maybe just an extra EX/FA combo that isn't a Mega. If that's the case, we may be looking at 3 EX/M-EX combos and 4 non-Mega EXes. However, there's also Hoopa and Hoopa Unbound to account for, and it's likely that those cards as well will be RR or an RR/SR combo.

In any event, I have my fingers crossed that we'll start getting leaks soon. I'm impatient. :p

EDIT:

I will be so mad if there's no Unown in this set. :/

You can can come join my club of "please make these Pokémon in the TCG again, pretty please, with sugar on top" if you like. I'm gunning for Shellos/Gastrodon, myself.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
I've probably said this everywhere, but I think M-Gyarados-EX is long overdue.

Pikachu6319

Scooby
I've said before and I'll say it again, M. Latias EX should be in this set as we got M. Latios in Roaring Skies.

We got Camerupt EX and Sharpedo EX in Primal Clash but not there mega evolutions. Perhaps giving us the megas in this set is how they intend to restore the proverbial balance. Of course we also don't currently know how we're getting M. Swampert, M. Blaziken, and M. Sceptile (who we haven't even seen yet, come on with this already) and I suppose it could be these ones...speaking of which, when are we going to see Sceptile EX anyway.

I too want to see this set start leaking already, it comes out a month from tomorrow in Japan after all. Witness my impatience. :D

V-Master

Victory's Master
I want to see a Salamence EX and M Salamence EX in the next set
its one of the best Pokemon in the Metagame
mine is
:Modest Heatwave, Hydropump, dragon pulse, and Hypervoice you gota use the arealaite ability
D: 128
Sp.a: 252
Sp.d: 128
31IVs

Blob55

Aspiring Trainer
You can can come join my club of "please make these Pokémon in the TCG again, pretty please, with sugar on top" if you like. I'm gunning for Shellos/Gastrodon, myself.
I want Kadabra back, but we all know that's not going to happen. :/

Also, since this set is called Ancient Origins and Unown are Ancient Pokémon, I'm expecting them plus some Fossils.

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
More repeats, really? This is now our second Lugia EX and our third Kyurem EX, not to mention that we'll have a whole host of legendaries in the mini-set in July as well. I can kind of forgive Lugia since it's at least a different type and non-Plasma, but there's no excuse for Kyurem. So disappointing.

Hoopa looks cool, though. Interesting that his EX form is already his Unbound form rather than the Unbound form being an upgrade. I wonder if we'll get regular Hoopa as just a holo or something instead, or maybe even a different EX.

EDIT: Hah, I didn't even notice at first that Lugia EX was basically a reprinted Mewtwo EX. Hilarious.

Last edited:

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
They seriously are not reprinting Mewtwo O_O

Well, yay for Lugia for becoming a normal EX, but no yay for Kyurem-EX (which we already have :U). It's a bit disappointing see quite a few high and pretty difficult to fulfill retreat costs. Thirdly, I don't like the art for Hoopa-Unbound, and I would've thought normal Hoopa would've been much cooler.

Well, that Lugia looks like a bit of a monster! It's not like it can counter itself, and it has a more viable Retreat Cost. It also has a useful resistance and the ability to use both Winona and Altaria, which is scary.

MasterGallade

Instagram: @theavalonlegacy
I'm legitimately mad about ANOTHER Lugia-EX and Kyurem-EX. Where is our Arceus-EX? Or maybe Regirock-EX and Regice-EX, or Suicune-EX? Really hoping for some better EX choices for the rest of the set, because not EVERY EX has to be movie-related, guys.

Lugia's artwork doesn't even look good, still hoping for the full art though.

(on the bright side Hoopa-EX looks really nice)

bbninjas

Ready or Not!
Advanced Member
There isn't a possibility that America will get Lugia/Kyurem under some Legendary holo collection and not under Bandit, is there?