RMT An LC Players' Ubers Team

double o squirtle

Sweet Summer Child
Hiya people! o/ If you've seen me around in the discord chat, you'll probably know that I used to spend quite a bit of time playing LC. Lately though, I've taken a break from that to try out other formats, and one that I've fallen in love with is Ubers! Kinda ironic eh? Out of the teams I've built, this is probably my favourite.

DWAGONDWAGON (Rayquaza) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Air Lock
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Dragon Ascent
- Extreme Speed

Rayquaza is probably my favourite Pokemon on this team. Using Focus Sash, Ray can often at least get one KO on the opponents' team. Dragon Ascent is a powerful stab move that can often take off at least 50% of a Pokemons HP. Earthquake helps 2HKO P don and magearna, and Extreme Speed lets it take out any Pokemon that somehow manage to hang on with little HP.

WATERHORSEHORSE (Arceus-Water) @ Splash Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Def / 124 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Judgment
- Defog
- Toxic
- Recover

Arceus is here as a wall. Toxic and recover let it out stall walls such as Lugia and other Arceus (water and fairy), Defog cleans up hazards so the frailer mons on my team arent absolutely crippled (my poor ray does not handle rocks very well ;-; ). Judgement is simply there so Arceus can deal some damage and not get completely wrecked by Taunt.

REDRED (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 168 HP / 240 Atk / 32 SpD / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Precipice Blades
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge

Groudon can take a surprising amount of hits. It serves as a nice check for Xerneas and Marshadow. Ive tested running Rock Polish, but Ive found it really only helps against Marshadow and Genesect, which it already beats, so Ive settles for SD. Precipice Blades Is a strong stab move that can KO quite a few Pokemon. Stone Edge gives coverage for flying types such as Ray and Salamence, and Dragon Claw makes it so Groudon isnt completely wrecked by Tina O.

PORKPORK (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Dark Pulse
- Toxic
- Oblivion Wing

Thankfully, Ice Types arent that common in Ubers, so having both Yveltal and Ray isnt that bad. Roost and toxic, similarly to Arceus, allow it to stall or wittle down HP in order to score a KO. Dark Pulse is a good stab move, that with Dark aura, allows Yveltal to 2HKO P don, and Oblivion Wing helps Yveltal stay alive a bit longer by recovering HP.

MARSHMALLOW (Marshadow) @ Life Orb
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Spectral Thief
- Shadow Sneak
- Close Combat
- Ice Punch

No wonder Marshadow was banned from OU. Spectral Thief is an amazing stab move, allowing it to either take advantage of set up sweeper, or to clear the way for other team members that would otherwise fall to stat buffs. Shadow Sneak allows it to outspeed and KO any mons that are hanging on with little HP. Close Combat is a powerful move that can hit most of the format for at least neutral damage, and Ice Punch allows it to hit Ray and Salamence for sal-immense damage. :U

COMPUTERBUGBUG (Genesect) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Techno Blast
- Flamethrower
- Flash Cannon
- U-turn

Im not the biggest fan of choice specs, but man is this fun to use. Techno Blast has the same damage out put as flash cannon, so it being normal gives Genesect a fairly spammable powerful move. Flash Cannon is absolutely amazing in the sense that it can allow Genesect to KO Arceus Fairy and Xerneas, pokemon that it otherwise would have an iffy matchup against. Flamethrower helps check Pokemon that resist Techno Blast and Flash Cannon, such a Ferrothorn and Arceus Steel, and U turn takes advantage of the atk boost from download while also serving as a way to pivot.

So... yeah. There's my Ubers team. I wouldnt mind some help with EVs. Aside from speed, I p much just either copied from smogon or maxed stuff out.

Just sayin your team gets Rekd by gemoancy xern especially if they have rocks up. You need something to fight Pdon and Xern. Other than that, coolio!

I dont actually have much difficulty against P don. Provided it doesnt run SD, Arceus can often check it, and Yveltal serves as a surprisingly good counter. With 4 EVs in speed it outspeeds Pdons common speed EVs, and if I were to add 4 more it would outspeed it for sure.

252+ Atk Groudon-Primal Stone Edge vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Yveltal: 320-378 (70.3 - 83%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Dark Aura Yveltal Dark Pulse vs. 152 HP / 44 SpD Groudon-Primal: 199-235 (52.5 - 62%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Usually when I see a Xerneas on the other team I'll hold back ray untill I can get a safe switch in. That way I can KO it with ray. Also, P don can withstand a hit from Xerneas.

+2 252+ SpA Xerneas Focus Blast vs. 168 HP / 32 SpD Groudon-Primal: 305-359 (79.6 - 93.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I do see what you mean though. With rocks it can be p tough. Maybe I could use Magearna? It can take hits from xerneas and has access to heart swap.

Last edited:
I used to run Deoxys S as a suicide lead. Iirc it ran rocks, spikes, taunt and skill swap. I did like having rocks, but if they had a defogger then deoxys' sacrifices were often in vain. ;-; I could run rocks on P don, but then Id have to take out one of its moves, and I feel the current ones are p necessary. I might run Dialga, but Idk what to take out for it. Maybe Genesect?

I used to run Deoxys S as a suicide lead. Iirc it ran rocks, spikes, taunt and skill swap. I did like having rocks, but if they had a defogger then deoxys' sacrifices were often in vain. ;-; I could run rocks on P don, but then Id have to take out one of its moves, and I feel the current ones are p necessary. I might run Dialga, but Idk what to take out for it. Maybe Genesect?

Yeah I guess it's a good option. They both seems to be dealing with Xerneas in the same way with Flash Cannon 2HKO. Of course other than that, they work pretty different.

Actually, Genesect can OHKO a Xerneas with a SpAtk buff from download.

+1 252 SpA Choice Specs Genesect Flash Cannon vs. 72 HP / 100 SpD Xerneas: 510-602 (124 - 146.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO

Well most Xerneas are gonna and have +2 spdef Boost and you'd have to use flash cannon the same turn the Geo or else your screwed. I'd probably run Phys Scarf Genesect as you really just get better options in attacking as well as Iron Head, which is very good if it will only 2HKO something as you have the flinch chance. You have Xscissor and even Fell stinger too. You can also run blaze kick which is a pretty good spammable fire move, plus you get access to Espeed, which is helpful because if you happen to switchin from a fainted mon on a Xerneas, you'll more than likely get the +1 attack from download and then be able to Espeed it. I'm not sure of that would KO but I think it would at least do a ton.

Well most Xerneas are gonna and have +2 spdef Boost and you'd have to use flash cannon the same turn the Geo or else your screwed.
That would be why I run Ray. That calc that I posted for genesect was just for scattered. :p In that case I'd hold back rayquaza until I needed to use up its sash.
I'd probably run Phys Scarf Genesect as you really just get better options in attacking as well as Iron Head, which is very good if it will only 2HKO something as you have the flinch chance.
I do like Iron Head more than Flash cannon, however, I dont like the physical set or scarf on Genesect. The physical set unlike the current one doesnt gain anything from the SpAtk boost. I dont like scarf because, well, I just dont see it having much potential. Genesect already has a fairly high speed tier. Pokemon its speed tier (xerneas and yveltal), rarely run timid so Genesect often outspeeds them. Scarf genesect has a max of 489 speed. Out of the uber mons that commonly have 326 speed or higher, it now also outspeeds greninja, M lucario, lugia, LO marshadow, and M salamence (keep in mind that arceus is still common, just it rarely has more than 326 speed). Out of the Pokemon it outspeeds, it can only ohko LO Marshadow M lucario, and greninja and thats with the attack buff.
You have Xscissor and even Fell stinger too
In a format where Marshadow is very common, fell stinger is the last move you wanna use. Bug type attacks in general just dont seem like good moves in ubers. Of the Pokemon in the tier, they only hit 7 of them for super effective damage, 15 resist (this isnt including Arceus).
You can also run blaze kick which is a pretty good spammable fire move
I do agree blaze kick is better than flamethrower, however, as most teams often run at least one of P don, P kyogre, M Salamence, ray or giratina, idk if going into a choiced fire move is good in general. Really flamethrower's just there for ferrothorn and Arceus S.
plus you get access to Espeed, which is helpful because if you happen to switchin from a fainted mon on a Xerneas, you'll more than likely get the +1 attack from download and then be able to Espeed it. I'm not sure of that would KO but I think it would at least do a ton.
+2 252 Atk Genesect Extreme Speed vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Xerneas: 172-203 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
It says +2 but it's actually +1. If genesect took out 50%, then Id consider this. Seeing as it doesnt though, I think I'll stick to techno blast.

Tl;dr So like, in terms of moves, out of the physical set, I wouldnt mind iron head and blaze kick, out of the current set I'd rather keep techno blast. Maybe settle for mixed Genesect?

Last edited:
With the Multi-type buff you could run the water z crystal + surf its 10 base power less but you do get a base 175 z move. Granted you do lose 30Bp on judgement (factoring plate buff)
Z Crystals on Arceus are better on offensive setup sets, which this set clearly isn't in order to make the most out of the one-time nuke.

Back