• When creating a thread in the Deck Garage, make sure that you post one deck per thread, you use the correct prefix, you have the set name/card number next to each card, you give a strategy for non-metagame decks, and give translations for all cards not available in English.

When posting in a thread, be sure to explain all your suggestions thoroughly. Additionally, do not ask for advice in another member's thread.

Expanded an idea for a Zoroark list against the expanded Pikarom meta

Wechselbalg

brb
Y1Sl7Wn.png

Was messing around on PTCGO and decided to try to create a list for Zoroark that attempts to counter the new expanded meta that is most likely going to be shaped by Pikarom. Any thoughts? What would you change? I was wondering if swapping Dowsing Machine for a Scoop-Up Cyclone would be a good idea, since combined with AZ, you can get both a Shaymin and a Lele off the board on the same turn. It can also enable you to use Aura Strike again easily, in case you have to.

Korrina might be an odd choice, but it gets you both Lucario and E. Hammer immediately, so you can remove the Flash Energy and KO Pikarom. Korrina can also get you an Ultra Ball which you can use to get Marshadow, (or Muk if that's what you need) so basically Korrina can double as a somewhat weaker N, which I decided not to include in the list as I don't think it helps that much, but of course I could be wrong.

I didn't include Ditto {*} because the anti-prism star Wobbuffet is a thing and also because if you evolve Lucario from Ditto you don't get the additional damage from Aura Strike. Therefore it can only serve as an extra Grimer or Zorua.

Another thing I could see myself changing about the list is - 1 Strong Energy and + 1 Sky Field.

Last edited:
Buzzgarb destroys both Pikarom and zoro :thinking_emoji:

But in all seriousness I recommend a Faba, because honestly it’s too good to pass up, and let’s you repeatedly get rid of items on Garb. I think you could also probably dump a Bridgette for a 2nd Lele, and quite possibly another for a 3rd, as this will help you get Bench space when using Rioutous Beating. I.. dont know why you want so many Battle compressors, but I think 2 is honestly good enough. What your list really lacks and worries me the most is that you have 1 draw supporter. I hope your Zoroark does you well, because the instant it doesn’t or garb comes into played, your dead meat.

it looks like you created your deck to only maybe beat 1 good deck in exchange for honestly a much worse matchup against everything else. Ray is questionable, since I know the lists can vary a lot. At Dallas, I fought one using Parallel City and Fighting Fury Belt to boost Rayquaza’s bulk, and especially improving it’s Archie’s Blastoise and Zoro matchups. I beat it, but only because he focused his list too heavily on improving matchups that he ended up sacrificing too much consistency for it, which ended up being his doom. The other one I fought was just downright speedy, and was the Ho-Oh variant. He had like 8 Energies out T1, it was soo cool to play (and eventually beat because he basically milled himself because he didn’t pay enough attention to his deck as he should’ve). He also played something I think is really cool in Let Loose/Lighting-GX, which if luckily pulled off can be a HUGE disruption to your opponent. I was still able to win the match, as I was already setup when he did it so I didn’t really care, but I think with that the sooner the better. Of course, if they dont get it T1, chances are a Muk will come in and stomp on it, but hey its still there.

Another thing to consider is that Archie’s Blastoise has Palkia-GX, and this thing pulled out at the right time will severely hurt Pikarom, if not outright make it a win. If they play Eels it may be a different story but if Pikarom plays Eels sometime then it just gets beat by other things tbh. Though Pikarom with Eels looks cool. Just... heavily inconsistent. It’s like expanded Malamar but worse imo. I’m getting off topic, but what I’m saying is it’ll increase Archie’s Blastoise popularity, probably. Your lack of Field Blower/Faba really hurts against this matchup.

So for final changes:
-1/2 Bridgette + 1/2 Leles
-1 E Hammer + 1 Faba (works better if you have more leles)
-1 Battle Compressor + 1 Sky Field (due to Prism stadiums and your lack of faba/field blower, I think this is necessary, it also lets you have a better mu vs anything playing para cities)
-0/1 Exeggcute + 0/1 Diancie Prism (kinda ehh, but lets Lucario OHKO opposing 170/180/190 now, which is pretty good, improves a lot of matchups.)

EDIT: I’ll come back, but honestly I totally forgot that this deck needs more draw support.

Back