Amiibo Discussion Thread

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
Member
dmaster said:
I'm going to try to nab up one Rosalina because I really like the character, but I'm having some worries I won't be able to get one.

dmaster out.

I will try to get five, but if someone wants one I will let them get one, I want to get at least 2 though
 

DreamingMunna

Zzz
Member
I haven't bought any yet, but I really want Peach; the current and the new one. (I think the new one is cuter) I'll probably get Kirby also, wish Villager wasn't so hard to find, or expensive, damn scalpers! I'm most excited for Ness however, I HOPE I find it. :eek:
 

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Member
Pokemonlover903 said:
What are your plans for wave 3, I will head to target first and get 5 Rosalina figures, then I will get 3 Lucario from Toys R Us, I have the rest pre-ordered

Do you have five pre-orders? Surely you know there are dozens of others with the same idea. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just don't see it happening otherwise. o_o;

I have pre-ordered...

Shulk
Ike
Megaman
King Dedede
Sheik
Sonic (meeeeeh, not sure on keeping this one)

From Wave 4 I NEED YOU DON'T KNOW THE AMOUNT OF NEED:

Robin
Lucina

I really want Ness, but I need those two. Lucina won't be a complete deal-breaker if I miss her though, since I've got this sweet Figma pre-ordered already. Will still make me sad if I miss the pre-order window. :<

And since I'm already listing off most amiibo, my collection as of right now is: MARTH <3, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Fox, Pit. I'm definitely going to get a Luigi at some point, but he's a safe buy for another month or so. Past that, I don't care for any other character out there right now, really. I mean, except for Villager. And for that I tell myself, "Keep dreaming, sucker, you're not getting it."
 

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Member
So I went to a store today and while there I wanted to check out how the newer Amiibo (like Pit) look. I noticed that the Marth Amiibo didn't have derpy eyes like the ones I had seen at launch, but the eyes looked perfectly fine. Also the Kirbys had totally acceptable eyes unlike those at launch (they were all misprinted a bit too much to the left or right, don't remember). Also Peach's hands looked less bulky/different.

So I guess there are second enhanced printings?

Just so you know, I live in Europe, they had 7 Marths, 6 Villagers and like 20 Wii Fit Trainers. ;P
 

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
Member
SotS said:
Pokemonlover903 said:
What are your plans for wave 3, I will head to target first and get 5 Rosalina figures, then I will get 3 Lucario from Toys R Us, I have the rest pre-ordered

Do you have five pre-orders? Surely you know there are dozens of others with the same idea. Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I just don't see it happening otherwise. o_o;

I have pre-ordered...

Shulk
Ike
Megaman
King Dedede
Sheik
Sonic (meeeeeh, not sure on keeping this one)

From Wave 4 I NEED YOU DON'T KNOW THE AMOUNT OF NEED:

Robin
Lucina

I really want Ness, but I need those two. Lucina won't be a complete deal-breaker if I miss her though, since I've got this sweet Figma pre-ordered already. Will still make me sad if I miss the pre-order window. :<

And since I'm already listing off most amiibo, my collection as of right now is: MARTH <3, Link, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Samus, Fox, Pit. I'm definitely going to get a Luigi at some point,

but he's a safe buy for another month or so. Past that, I don't care for any other character out there right now, really. I mean, except for Villager. And for that I tell myself, "Keep dreaming, sucker, you're not getting it."

I have all Amiibo except villager and wii fit trainer, and I have all wave 3 preordered, except for Rosalina, Sheik, Bowser, Toon Link, and Lucario, I'm. Planning to go to target, then toys r us on launch, I will get 5 rosalina sand 3 Lucario, if anyone wants one of the Rosalina I get ill give them one, I want to get at least 3 though
 

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Member
Pokemonlover903 said:
I have all Amiibo except villager and wii fit trainer, and I have all wave 3 preordered, except for Rosalina, Sheik, Bowser, Toon Link, and Lucario, I'm. Planning to go to target, then toys r us on launch, I will get 5 rosalina sand 3 Lucario, if anyone wants one of the Rosalina I get ill give them one, I want to get at least 3 though

This is what I was asking about though. Have you seen how much Rosalina is worth? A US pre-order goes for $100 -- or more -- on eBay/Amazon. I've seen people try to get a pre-order in on her for the past month. You're probably not going to walk in to five of her when some people can't even pre-order one.

And maybe I'm wrong! Hopefully I am. I'd like to walk in and get one. But I resigned her to the Villager pile in that I'm not getting her.
 

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
Member
SotS said:
Pokemonlover903 said:
I have all Amiibo except villager and wii fit trainer, and I have all wave 3 preordered, except for Rosalina, Sheik, Bowser, Toon Link, and Lucario, I'm. Planning to go to target, then toys r us on launch, I will get 5 rosalina sand 3 Lucario, if anyone wants one of the Rosalina I get ill give them one, I want to get at least 3 though

This is what I was asking about though. Have you seen how much Rosalina is worth? A US pre-order goes for $100 -- or more -- on eBay/Amazon. I've seen people try to get a pre-order in on her for the past month. You're probably not going to walk in to five of her when some people can't even pre-order one.

And maybe I'm wrong! Hopefully I am. I'd like to walk in and get one. But I resigned her to the Villager pile in that I'm not getting her.
Yeah I heard she was rare, I hope to snag around 1-3 I want 5 to trade 2 of them, I heard target never had preorders, and that it was just a glitch on their website
 

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Member
Nah, they definitely had pre-orders. It was just at really wonky times, like 4AM. The button has popped back up a number of times since, but it doesn't actually let an order go through.

I actually have two Shulk pre-ordered. I can't decide on if I want to try my luck and trade one of them + Cash for a US Villager or to just sell it for more funds. =\
 

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Member
Why don't you guys just get EU versions? They are literally the same figure in a slightly different package?
 

Athena

The Cooler Danchou
Advanced Member
Member
And there's no region-locking either, so you can import figures from Europe or Japan and still use them just fine. I know a guy on an FE site I hang out at ordered a Marth Amiibo from Japan because he couldn't get one in the States. European/Japanese Amiibos are very likely going to be more expensive than their US counterparts because of our higher VAT (I only paid US$13 for the Zelda I picked up in the States whereas Amiibos retail for €15 (converts to about US$17.35), but that's still much more reasonable than a lot of the Ebay prices I've seen in the US for Marth and other limited figures.

I was gone for about a month so I don't know how the stock situation was over here back then, but I know we have a large stock on newer figures that people have been having a hard time finding in the States, like Pit and Captain Falcon. And some of the upcoming Wave 3 figures that are limited by store in the States (like Rosalina and Shulk) aren't limited in that way outside of the US which also makes them easier to find.

I'm hoping to pick up Ike and Rosalina myself once they come out next week. :D
 

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Member
Am I the only one that's not interested in collecting these things? I don't want to spend $12 on something to just stand there and look pretty. They haven't really done anything interesting gameplay wise with Amiibo, it's mainly just pointless skins/costumes.
 

Pokemonlover903

Sylveon is love, Sylveon is life
Member
Bolt the Cat said:
Am I the only one that's not interested in collecting these things? I don't want to spend $12 on something to just stand there and look pretty. They haven't really done anything interesting gameplay wise with Amiibo, it's mainly just pointless skins/costumes.

I like to train my amiibos, and use them in various games, im excited for my new 3ds so I can train them on the go :D
 

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Member
Pokemonlover903 said:
Bolt the Cat said:
Am I the only one that's not interested in collecting these things? I don't want to spend $12 on something to just stand there and look pretty. They haven't really done anything interesting gameplay wise with Amiibo, it's mainly just pointless skins/costumes.

I like to train my amiibos, and use them in various games,mom excited for my new 3ds so I can train them on the go :D

Smash Bros. doesn't sound like an exciting use for them either, I don't want the game to play itself.
 

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Member
Well now that people know that AmiAmi sells Amiibos for pre-order securing a Lucina, Charizard, Palutena and Zero Suit Samus just got more difficult. This is flipping stupid. Is every amiibo from this point going to be rare? WTF.

Sonic, Shulk, Megaman along with the new ones for Mario Party 10 had JUST been announced and in less than 24 hours AmiAmi had them up for preorder and they sold out. Good god this is so aggravating.

Is Nintendo going broke or something? Everything collectible is selling out in minutes.

Rosalina
Skull Kid figure
Majora's Mask 3DS XL
Pretty much every amiibo that isn't from Wave 1, although Zelda and Luigi are still easy to obtain.

ARGH.
 

Teal

黄前さん らしい ね
Member
MrSquarepants said:
Everything collectible is selling out in minutes.
They aren't really selling out. It's just the preorders. Not even nearly all of the Amiibo that are produced are even up for preorder. You just have to go to normal stores to buy them.

... well, at least everywhere else execpt in the US it kinda sounds.
 

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Member
Teal said:
Why don't you guys just get EU versions? They are literally the same figure in a slightly different package?

Think of it like Shadowless Base Set cards. There's not even a change in the art, just a single difference on the "packaging". Does it make sense to pay so much more because of it? No, not really. It's why I won't even buy imports; I don't want to play more than the $13 per amiibo. But because I keep mine sealed (the packaging looks so nice!) I can totally see where people are coming from in doing such. It's just a collector mindset.

Bolt the Cat said:
Am I the only one that's not interested in collecting these things? I don't want to spend $12 on something to just stand there and look pretty. They haven't really done anything interesting gameplay wise with Amiibo, it's mainly just pointless skins/costumes.

Obligatory: "Yes you're the only one in the world"

Actual reply: There's nothing lost in you not buying collectibles. You're just not that type of person. But for many who do, it's because it (excuse the cheesiness) brings happiness. Looking at all the characters you've spent time playing as over the years in a physical form. Maybe it brings you back to childhood. Perhaps you just really like a character. And then some people just like the thrill of collecting it all. It all comes down to "It makes me happy."

That said, I don't hope for less valuable uses from amiibo, but I kind of hope they don't all end up being used like in S.T.E.A.M. If they are, I'd like for it to be something you can buy from the eShop as well. I don't open mine, and I'm not too keen on getting two for the purpose of actually using one -- I am buying them for the sole purpose of collection. I'm fine with tiny things being tacked on along with it; it's not my reason for buying them and thus it looks like a little bonus.
 

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Member
My shelves as of now:

yrc5sYm.jpg
(Apologies for trashy, huge photo, iPod Touch is my only camera haha)

Have no friggin' clue where I'm going to put Wave 3. Or 4, but I'm just gonna' wait on wondering about that.

Or my Figma in April.

Oh jeez.
 

SotS

Cycling the Stress Away
Member
but the boxes are so nice

:<

If I had a full glass shelving unit to put them on I would have been taking them out as I got them. But my room is out of space as is. Curse my brother's bird cages! No it's fine they're actual animals and not plastic
 

MrSquarepants

Heavenly Illusion Star
Member
Teal said:
MrSquarepants said:
Everything collectible is selling out in minutes.
They aren't really selling out. It's just the preorders. Not even nearly all of the Amiibo that are produced are even up for preorder. You just have to go to normal stores to buy them.

... well, at least everywhere else execpt in the US it kinda sounds.

Yea but Amiami sometimes foreshadows what will sell out in other places. Although since most of them are friggin scalpers, a large amount of people have the "rare" amiibos so they're only selling for about 20-30$ which is not too terrible unlike the Marth and Villager ones which they didn't make many of so they go for about 60$ ish.

UK is selling them out too though, Little Mac and Diddy Kong went by quick. Dunno why Diddy Kong... he's still easy to get around US stores...

I still think Lucina will be annoying to get cause of damn scalpers. I certainly hope those Mario Party ones won't be rare. That would be stupid.
 
Top