News America's November Set: 'Crimson Invasion,' Two Ultra Beast Premium Collections!

Lanstar

The Cutest of Ladies
Ugh... I sense with Nihilego-GX, a nasty bunch of strategies coming about. Fortunately, its attacks are high enough cost that it isn't quite the spammable card Lele is. Plus, running psychic can be a hazard, with Garbodor and other cards that exploit its weakness.

But with Noivern-GX locking items and Seviper to increase the damage... I hope that it doesn't become the meta here. :/

Trnr_Black

Aspiring Trainer
Guzzlord in a Turbodark deck seems like it would make for a pretty incredible setup. Consistently get 4 dark onto the board by t1 or 2 without playing max elixir...

Someone help me understand how Nihelago's GX attack works to one's advantage? You're giving your opponent more prizes, right? I guess if you play it just right, you can deny key cards?

DKQuagmire

Who else but Quagsire?
I'm pretty excited with Nihilego. This card would work wonders for Alolan Muk GX , and 4 copies of chaos tower in your deck.

Kyrushi

Squirrel
Considering the fact they're specifically called Ultra Beasts, we definitely
should expect some items/stadiums that effect these cards specifically. Which considering how good Nihilego is that's pretty scary to think about.

BKRapper

Aspiring Trainer
I started reading Nihilego and was unimpressed... Until I got to the GX attack and I literally went "whoa, whoa, whoa!?"... that's a pretty dirty gx attack. definitely want to see if it sees play.

Connor Ritter

TCG Player
Advanced Member
Guzzlord in a Turbodark deck seems like it would make for a pretty incredible setup. Consistently get 4 dark onto the board by t1 or 2 without playing max elixir...

Someone help me understand how Nihelago's GX attack works to one's advantage? You're giving your opponent more prizes, right? I guess if you play it just right, you can deny key cards?

It requires your opponent to take more prizes to win. If they have 4 prizes left and you use it, it adds 2 more prizes so now they have to take a total of 8 prizes to win rather than 6.

Prob only allow ine uktra beast card in a deck. Like in old days withbone type cabt remembee

If you were only allowed 1 Ultra Beast in a deck like ACE Spec cards from B/W era it would be marked on the card saying so. This is more like Team Plasma Pokemon with that label.

Blergsid

Aspiring Trainer
i looked at buzzwole first and thought "okay, mediocre attacker, seen more damage for 1 energy attacks." then guzzlord "good card, high potential, possible tech in some expanded dark decks to quickly take 4 prizes after softening something with yveltal." then nihilego. "anyone who uses his gx attack deserves to die in the same flames of hell as durant and wailord players." well, at least they all have good artworks, cant wait to see their FA versions.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Nihilego GX is awesome. Poison and confusion are nice status effects. Combine him with either Alolan Muk GX or in a deck on his own with different kinds of acceleration such as Max Elixir and Seviper. The GX attack is great too since it forces the opponent into an eight to nine prize game of you can feed the opponent at least one non-GX Pokémon.

Buzzwole GX seems to be underrated based on previous comments. Remember that we have decent acceleration options in terms of damage output and energy attachment for Fighting Basic Pokémon at present. The GX attack is great early game

Not entire sold on Guzzlord, although I like this art best.

Swampert Full Art

#GROOKEYGANG
I hope SM5 is a brighter set, so far SM base, Guardians Rising, and Burning Shadows have all been dark (at least the packs arts have) and it looks like this set will be as well!

SceptileSquad

Leaf Blade!
ok wait what

Nihelego-GX's GX attack: say your opponent has 6 prizes left, you use Parasite-GX, does that mean your opponent has to take 8 prizes now, or can they take 6 to win the game but have two cards that they can never use?

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
ok wait what

Nihelego-GX's GX attack: say your opponent has 6 prizes left, you use Parasite-GX, does that mean your opponent has to take 8 prizes now, or can they take 6 to win the game but have two cards that they can never use?

Parasite GX will force them to draw eight prize cards based on how the card is worded.