News America's November Set: 'Crimson Invasion,' Two Ultra Beast Premium Collections!

I feel like everyone is missing a crucial detail of these cards...They have "Ultra Beast" in the top corner. If I were a betting girl, and I am, I am going to assume that there could be cards that will only work for "Ultra Beasts" specifically, be it a stadium or equip cards, perhaps even items that will aid the Ultra Beasts in their heavy energy requirement. Does anyone else get that feeling? Remember Plasma Pokemon? They were the same way, standing out among the rest.

Just an observance. But Worlds has been pretty exciting today.

Nihilego will be good in standard with super scoop ups, makes Muk viable. Guzzlord could be a funny quad deck, could be used in standard turbo dark decks. Buzzwole is Machamp tier unless they get some fighting support.

I expected the HP limit to go over 250 HP.

On basic pokemon? Wailord EX already sees a bit of play as a 250 hp basic just by virtue of how good that statline is.

It would be super disappointing if they made guzzlord have that much hp, because they couldn't give it good attacks while also having that much HP, and anybody wanting to destroy people with their favorite ultra beast wouldn't be able to do so.

Buzzwole needs 3 fighting energy to one-shot it, and it can't one-shot zwole in return, so you could just let guzzlord feed on pack filler and swoop in with the ohko after you get setup.

Feeling like there might be something untapped with Buzzwole, too. What's some currently known cards that'd support it well? Strong Energy is obvious, but you know.

I feel like everyone is missing a crucial detail of these cards...They have "Ultra Beast" in the top corner. If I were a betting girl, and I am, I am going to assume that there could be cards that will only work for "Ultra Beasts" specifically, be it a stadium or equip cards, perhaps even items that will aid the Ultra Beasts in their heavy energy requirement. Does anyone else get that feeling? Remember Plasma Pokemon? They were the same way, standing out among the rest.

Just an observance. But Worlds has been pretty exciting today.

And I bet there'll be new cards too that will block Ultra Beasts from using GX attacks or Abilities, or block effects of any of their attacks altogether. Aaaand I hope it'll be an ability of the least competitive Pokémon ever, like Ledian, Jumpluff, Sunflora, Delibird, Linoone, Delcatty, Grumpig, Luvdisc, and many more unloved "filler" Pokémon. :p

Nihilego-GX combo'd with Alolan Muk-GX is a scary thought. 150 damage off a Darkness Energy and Double Colorless Energy seems pretty good, plus 10 damage from Poison, 30 damage from Choice Band, and a potenial 20 off Confusion combined with a Kukui could OHKO a Gardevoir-GX (which is a very unlikely scenario, so it would be better to plan a two hit knock out.) Or instead of the Choice Band you could give Alolan Muk-GX a Bodybuilding Dumbells too make him a 260 HP monster. Plus the regular Alolan Muk could make a nice one-off tech, as it helps with Volcanion-EX and Tapu Lele-GX. Plus Chaos Tower removes the Confusion and Poison off your Mon. I honestly think that could be a pretty cool rogue deck, though I don't know if it has the potenial to be a huge threat.

Well this is the smallest English set of the SM era so far which means.... probably a quarter or more of it will be secret rares, since there's just as many chase cards as usual. :rolleyes:

I was thinking that there needs to be an attack that does damage as well as telling you to search your deck for any card, and put it in your prize zone.

It is one of those "I am going to punish myself for bigger reward" type of attack. Sure you have to knock out one extra pokemon, but you know what the prize is going to be, and it was the card you picked from your deck.

If you happen to knock out the pokemon with that attack, you basically are going to search your deck for any card and put it directly to your hand, provided that you are picking the card you are going to place in your prize zone.

Even trainer cards could have a cost like, put the top card of your deck into your prize zone, return 5 energy from discard pile to hand, or draw 5 cards, or opponent 5 cards etc.

I have honestly never liked 5ban's work at all, but I think their style is perfect for Nihilego; card looks great and has a nice, otherwordly feel to it.

Pokémon (16)
4x A. Grimmer
3x A. Muk GX
3x Nihilegeo GX
2x Lele GX
1x Yveltal
1x Darkrai GX
1x Seviper
1x Tapu Koko
Supporters (13)
4x Sycamore
3x N
2x Guzma
1x Acerola
1x Brigette
1x Kukui
1x Sophocles
Items (17)
4x Ultra Ball
4x Puzzle
4x SSU
1x Stretcher
1x Rod
3x Choice Band
Stadiums (3)
3x Chaos Tower
Energies (11)
7x Dark
4x DCE

Guys will there be a Cellasteela GX because if there is that would be awesome he would probably be a good defence card

ATTENTION MODERATORS
Excuse my pickiness, but if Guzzlord has Glutton GX, and Buzzwole has Absorption GX,
Nihilego should have Simbiont GX.
Just sayin'.
ATTENTION EVERYONE ELSE:
I like Guzzlord. I like @JeroenM 's idea of 56 dank energy, er, dark energy.
@JeroenM , thank you for this wonderful idea.
Nihilego's GX attack is pretty nifty, maybe stick one in Garb.
Buzzwole is okay, I suppose. Knuckle Impact w/ choice band can get the KO, but can't attack on the next turn... I dunno.
I do like Guzzlord GX though.
The question on Guzzlord, though, is how do you damage the opposing Active Pokémon without KOing them so you can use GX attack?

While the cards look like garbage at first glance, I personally believe that the ultra beasts have a mechanic that makes this a good thing (specifically that special energy we know nothing about)

3 energy attack that hits for 160 with a can't attack drawback, just like Lapras GX and Volcanion EX, both of which are really strong pokemon in the meta.

"While the cards look like garbage"

what?

Obviously, fighting is a worse type than water or fire for that kind of attack, being worse than some of the best pokemon around right now doesn't make it garbage.

Back