Pokemon Am I the only one DYING for a new Pokemon Snap?!

The 3DS wouldn't be a horrible option, camera wise. It has a built in gyroscope so you could move the system around and aim it where you want.

Granted, the Wii U has this as well. I wouldn't mind seeing Pokemon Snap reach both systems in a similar vein to Super Smash Bros if they can include different things for each system/game. I've been dying to see this game come back ever since I saw the Wii and it's pointer/picture capabilities with the SD card and such. Now, it's extremely long overdue.

dmaster out.

I can see it on both systems.

3DS could be like that one game uuuuhhhhh you shoot the faces as you move the screen around...um...but ya. You would move the 3DS around irl and it would reveal more of the environment. So it would be like, there is a Poliwag to your right...you can't see it because you need to turn your camera to the right to see it.

Wii U could be you have you hold the controller up to the screen and that is your camera. For ghost Pokemon you can only see them on the controller so that you have to examine the area instead of just looking on the TV for what you want to take a picture of and then take the pic. just makes it more interactive ;D.

To tie in with the release, they could bring back Todd Snap as an animé character for a little while (or whoever the main character is in the sequel). I always liked Todd.

^Thats what his name was? He only had one line lol. "Ya" was it...every time you picked a level he would say it :p

Also...this game CAN'T get boring. You get all the Pokemon as high as they go and then...restart...it's actually really fun restarting :D...or you could spend days trying to hit the Zubat holding the Pikachu...I did it once...ONCE.

The hardest thing for me in the first was getting Slowpoke to evolve. I think I got Pikachu a few times but Slowbro just once. And Todd was in the animé for a while and actually did talk.

Haha I never owned the game but my girlfriend does and she was shocked that i knew how to get the balloon pikachu and she didn't. I've only done it twice :(

I could never delete all that hard work its just too much haha. Plus all of those so-good-its-never-happening-again pictures. I do like the idea of the 3ds using its gyroscope to let it bebe more interactive, but from what ive heard the 3d aspect only works in the small "sweet spot" and if you hold it anywhere else you end up with a headache. Does the 3ds even have that kind of proccessing power? I feel like itit would lag and you would get horrible pictures because of it

I loved Pokemon Snap! It was the first game I ever played on the Nintendo 64.

If they ever made a new one for the Wii, I would totally buy it!!! =] This is such an awesome idea!!

Because of this thread I have been playing pokemon snap on my N64 for 3 days now xD

Some things that I thought of.

A pure legendary level, maybe like the mew one in clouds. Starts out on the ground, you see Groudon to your right and the sea to your left with Kyogre in the water. They strike at each other with you in the middle. Then you are picked up by Rayquaza to the clouds. Mewtwo and Mew are on both sides of you, then they fly off. A dimensional hole opens up in front of you and you end up in the _____ place that Giratina is in. Palkia and Dialga are there battling. Giratina pops up and stops them right as they use there signature attacks and this sends you back to your dimension. Once there things become dark and you see Darkrai's red eyes ahead. He is about to unleash a Shadow Ball at you but then Cresselia rushes in and they battle in front of you. Deoxys then comes in and takes you away from the battle, during this he changes to all of his forms. He returns you to the ground where you go through a temple. You hear the Regi's then Regirock smashes the track you are on and you fall through the ground where Registeel is and he picks you up and puts you back on the track. Regice is a bit up ahead where he shoots ice beams everywhere giving you an amazing picture. Then you come to a dead end where Regigigas stones glow in front of you and he bursts out of the temple while he lifts you off the ground. He places you on the ground, where the end of the level is...

That would be the greatest level ever...and I'm sure I forgot some poke's...we should come up with our own levels :p

I would love this game, but I'm not sure I agree with the Wiimote idea. Pokemon Snap is a game like no other, and it should certainly be given the spotlight. I mean really, what other picture-taking games are out there featuring roaming wildlife? An updated version of this game (almost life like graphics) can be a huge difference maker in turning this game from great to fantastically awesome.

They could also add a challenge mode featuring taking pictures of the pokemon with specific actions and doings.

Lanturnitis said:
I would love this game, but I'm not sure I agree with the Wiimote idea. Pokemon Snap is a game like no other, and it should certainly be given the spotlight. I mean really, what other picture-taking games are out there featuring roaming wildlife? An updated version of this game (almost life like graphics) can be a huge difference maker in turning this game from great to fantastically awesome.

They could also add a challenge mode featuring taking pictures of the pokemon with specific actions and doings.

There are many picture taking games..but successful ones is a different story. HECK I never thought that taking picture of pokemon would be fun...but it's one of my favorite games :D

What's wrong with the wii mote idea? I feel like its perfect. I think, like how some shooters come with gun shaped wii mote addons there could be a camera shaped addon that has a little window with a crosshair that you can peek through! I think that would be neat

GyaradosPrime said:
What's wrong with the wii mote idea? I feel like its perfect. I think, like how some shooters come with gun shaped wii mote addons there could be a camera shaped addon that has a little window with a crosshair that you can peek through! I think that would be neat

Personally, I never liked the Wiimote to begin with. I'd rather button mash.

Lanturnitis said:
Personally, I never liked the Wiimote to begin with. I'd rather button mash.

Same here. I've always just liked playing off buttons and didn't really care much about movement.

@catutie ~ That legendary level would be awesome. I was thinking like Articuno and the Birds fight Suicune and the dogs and having Ho-Oh and Lugia emerge to stop them. They could also have a scene with Cobalion training Keldeo and the others and the Lati twins start flying overhead in a corkscrew motion.

Yeah, maybe they've been busy making it for years and delayed the release to include Gen V Pokémon.

I like it because its different. I think it would be more realistic. But I can see how it would be annoying after a whole. I still think it would be fun if they tried really hard and it to where it wasn't difficult to manage

I really wish they would stop with Rumble and maybe focus on this. Although I'm pretty sure they don't even have making a new snap in mind, I like to think its being thrown around as an idea at Nintendo. I can't stop thinking of possibilities they would have, but I supposed that's the problem. With so many things they can do, they can't do them all. I honestly think they could at least do a level for every Legendary and that's it. Maybe have some more levels like the Valley or Cave (Zubats...EVERYWHERE) as well.

ShadowDark said:
Same here. I've always just liked playing off buttons and didn't really care much about movement.

@catutie ~ That legendary level would be awesome. I was thinking like Articuno and the Birds fight Suicune and the dogs and having Ho-Oh and Lugia emerge to stop them. They could also have a scene with Cobalion training Keldeo and the others and the Lati twins start flying overhead in a corkscrew motion.

O_O Sir you are a genius :D

That's it...they need to let fans come up with level idea...it would just be the greatest game ever if they did that :D

Back