Pokemon Am I the only one DYING for a new Pokemon Snap?!

GyaradosPrime

Aspiring Trainer
I don't think I can accurately convey how much I love that stupid, simple, horribly addictive game. The graphics are terrible and there really isn't any voice acting or cut scenes or crazy special effects like you see in most new games due to its age. But nothing gives me a more satisfying sense of fulfillment than getting a higher scoring Gyarados or Scyther picture. Unfortunately, though, as everyone who has played the game half as much or more than I have has realized that it gets harder and harder and harder to beat your own pictures. This makes the game lose its fun, and your stuck trying to get better pictures of that stupid manky at the top of the cliff or jittery zubats that no one cares about.

Its time for more!! Its time for a better more expansive Pokemon Snap for the Wii. Aiming with a Wiimote would be at least 83 times better than using the stick on the N64 controller, i think everyone agrees with me there. Here are some ideas i have so far

Instead of 64 pokemon or whatever it has, there would be at least 500. maybe get a bunch of people to vote for every pokemon and the top 500 or so make it in

I'm thinking of something like 40 different levels or MUCH bigger levels split up into parts. Volcano 3, 4, 5, etc.

Underwater levels with schools of magikarp and remoraids and what not. Maybe some sky/cliff side levels, because we all know the little cart thing you ride around in is a technological wonder

Different lenses so we can finally get a good picture of Lapras who likes to be 2309734 miles off shore.

Somehow, the cart wont be fixed to a track and it would be more of a sandbox style game, but to make things fair you have a limited amount of fuel and you need to get to the portal in timely fashion. running out of fuel makes all your National Geographic quality photos go unsaved.

Getting farther in the game grants you ungrades in lenses, usable items like better pester balls and apples, maybe a low powered gun to shoot them a little bit farther and more accurately. you can also upgrade your fuel tank to let you go farther off the path in the courses to new sub areas where harder to reach pokemon are located

Have you ever taken the best picture of your life of the two pidgeys beating up the meowth on the beach level and good ole' proffessor oak decides that its a Meowth picture and the quality is terrible? that needs to stop. you should be able to choose what pokemon a picture is counted towards.

Online picture contests. sometimes you take a picture that looks really good and somehow it doesn't beat your score from the last picture. well let other pokephotographers decide!

More in depth scoring process.

I really don't see an age group that wouldn't enjoy this, and im sure im not the only one who is thinking this. im just ranting haha. this will probably get moved :(

A lot of people really loved Pokemon Snap, I'm sure you're not alone. It seems kinda weird that they haven't already, it's control scheme would work beautifully on the Wii. Ah, well. Maybe we'll see a Wii U or 3DS version of it sometime in the future.

It's one of those quirky games in the Pokemon genre that I think would have done a lot better if they had invested more in level content. I'd certainly play an updated version, although I can't say I'm pining for it. I'd prefer an updated HGSS game with the B&W text changes. No more CAPSLOCK.

Yeah, it really seems like Snap is the remake of choice among the more hardcore Pokemon fans. If executed correctly (Which admittedly I'm skeptical about given the track record of most other Pokemon spin-off games...) this would be fantastic. Motion sensitivity, wifi, potentially over 500 Pokemon... How about importing your Pokemon from BW and being able to take pictures of them? The possibilities are boundless.

GyaradosPrime said:
Different lenses so we can finally get a good picture of Lapras who likes to be 2309734 miles off shore.

Somebody obviously doesn't know how to get a really close lapras picture of a lapras. nub.

http://www.totalpokemon.com/images/game/snap/Pokémon/lapras.jpg

I think instead of 500 pokemon, 648 should be included and everyone should vote the pokemon they dont want to see.

always voting of the luvdisc,

hatedisc

There is sooo many things they could do with the rest of the gens since the original. They could do like rival fighting scenes with Zangoose and Seviper or Flygon and Salamence. There would be alot of areas where you unlock more Pokemon as you progress through the game. I was sort of thinking of a level maker thing where you can put Pokemon that you've scored say 1000 points on a picture of there Then create rivers, volcanoes and have the cart in like a free mode so there would be so many possibilities of interactions between different Pokemon.

I actually had a dream of a Snap remake... It was a course with a Jurassic period feel and there were Turtwig with Aerodactly flying above and of course the poliwag in the stream nearby.. then I woke up.. I cried for a whole five minutes because it was so real and awesome!

Anyways, if they do remake it I hope they don't put fuel on it because it, to me, would ruin the game.
As for age groups, my father still plays the original snap with me on the wii and he's nearly fifty, and not to mention, despises Pokemon, but loves snap!

Personally I would like them to put the original courses on them, untouched, you know, to be nostalgic. Then put tons of new levels with all of the pokemon.

@ShadowDark, I would love that but I don't think a build-a-level would be possible.(Though I want one :p)

An interesting take on it might be to make it an RPG like the GameCube games and, as opposed to catching Pokémon, try to take pictures of them while it attacks you! You could even have a Pokémon to protect you! They could also have digital cameras and a feature to save to the SD card. I think 3DS would be the best system because you can turn around and such.

I feel like you could get more content on a wii disk than a DS cardridge, but I'm not that familiar with the 3ds hardware. Plus downloadable content. And if they dony make iit free roaming then limited fuel would suck but without it on ffree roam you coukd just hover by Pokemon and just wait for a good picture aand that woukd be easy. It puts a sense of realism in the game. This is such a unique game it has so much potential lol

3DS is basically a portable Wii but better. It has downloadable content and all that. It would probably be a full length game, though.

This is an excellent idea; I'd totally buy it. I think it would be a good idea for the 3DS. Take pictures like you normally do, while Pokemon are bursting out at you in 3D. Then, you could save the images to your 3DS, and upload them to Facebook. :p

FlamingDriscoll09 said:
This is an excellent idea; I'd totally buy it. I think it would be a good idea for the 3DS. Take pictures like you normally do, while Pokemon are bursting out at you in 3D. Then, you could save the images to your 3DS, and upload them to Facebook. :p

Exactly! You could be like, "...and this is a picture of the time I found a Gyarados at Niagara Falls." It would be like Pokédex3D but with a story.

@AlienMLC

Then, you could Photoshop the pictures and put yourself in them 0_0

..or maybe the game could be AR card compatible. That would totally rock!

The thing with AR cards is that they have to be at least somewhat from the top. But it would be cool nonetheless. I'm close to completing Pokédex3D, so Snap would be a nice followup. They could call it Pokémon Snap! Flash!

Pokédex3D is a downloadable software on 3DS where you can collect Pokémon and see them in real life with AR markers. The 3DS screen is bigger than a DS screen.

You should, especially with the price cut. If they're remaking Pokémon Rumble, I don't see why they couldn't surprise us with a new Snap. Also, TPCi did announce a new Wii game a while back, didn't they? I would prefer a new Battle Revolution, though.

Back