[Alternate Format] Complete Palace

Luispipe8 said:
I'll try to re build it and see how it works. And Hydreigon not that much because it's very similar to Aromatisse, the one that DESPERATELY needs to be at least an EX, or even be Banned, is Garchomp. With Muscle Band/Silver Bangle can OHKO many things and a lot of EX, including the "arbitrary" ones.

I'm currently thinking about Kingdra and Garchomp. The latter is obvious, as it's a really huge hitter and even as an ex it's really strong. I don't want to ban it, but maybe giving it 2 or even 3 Stars would resolve the problem. I don't want to complicate it to add it 1 Star AND also treat it as an ex...

For Kingdra: I think as an ex it should work fine. Or should be untouched?

EX Should do it, Pooka already proved that Kininja is a thing. It's both a heavy-hitter and spreader all in one.

UPDATE - Feel free to help finishing the list!

April 2014
(Work In Progress!)​

Let's start the work on the new list!

The format is now supporting ALL sets!!!

Now let's see the list!

1 Star

• Holon's Castform
  • Unown R (LA)
  • Unown Z (SW)
  • Crobat G (PL)
  • Pachirisu (GE)
  • Feraligatr Prime
  • Emboar (BW 20) (Inferno Fandango)
  • Machamp (SF)
  • Blastoise (Base, BC) (New)
  • Alakazam (Base) (New)
  • Arceus (Colorless / AR5) (New)
  • Donphan Prime (New)
  • Crobat Prime (New)
  • Kingdra Prime (New)
  • Reuniclus (BW) (New)
  • Holon Transceiver
  • Cyrus's Conspiracy
  • Pokédrawer +
  • Seeker
  • Pokémon Collector
  • Hypnotoxic Laser
  • Virbank City Gym (New)
  • Eviolite (2 Stars -> 1 Star)
  • Darkness Energy (Special)
  • Metal Energy (Special)
  • Double Rainbow Energy (New)

2 Stars

• Claydol (GE)
  • Azelf (LA)
  • Cleffa (NG) (New)
  • Sableye (DEX) (New)
  • Magnezone Prime (New)
  • Garchomp (DE 90) (Dragonblade) (New)
  • Cessation Crystal
  • Luxury Ball
  • Junk Arm
  • Boost Energy
  • Scramble Energy (New)

3 Stars
  • Uxie (LA)
  • Luxray GL Lv X
  • Broken Time-Space
  • Holon Circle
  • Dawn Stadium
  • Lost World (2 Stars -> 3 Stars)

4 Stars

• Sableye (SF)
  • Mewtwo LV. X
  • Spiritomb (AR) (3 Stars -> 4 Stars)

Banned

• BW-on EXs and M-EXs
  • Promo/Jumbo Cards
  • ALL Trainers from sets released by Wizards of the Coast (Base, Jungle, Fossil, Base Set 2, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation, Neo Destiny, Legendary Collection)

The following Pokémon are treated as ex (You take 2 Prize Cards if you Knock Out an ex Pokémon. All effects which affect Pokémon ex cards will affect these cards too. Their name is ALSO changed so they do not work with LV. X cards.)

• Virizion (EP, NV)
  • Terrakion (EP, NV)
  • Cobalion (EP, NV)
  • Thundurus (EP)
  • Tornadus (EP)
  • Landorus (NV)
  • Articuno (ND)
  • Zapdos (ND)
  • Moltres (ND)
  • Reshiram (BW, PF)
  • Zekrom (BW, PF)
  • Kyurem (NV, DV, PF)
  • Black Kyurem
  • White Kyurem
  • Keldeo (BC) - both
  • Genesect (PL)
  • Yveltal (XY)
  • Xerneas (XY)
  • Mewtwo (LT)
  • Ampharos Prime (New)
  • Typhlosion Prime (New)
  • Tyranitar Prime (New)
  • Machamp Prime (New)
  • Raichu Prime (New)
  • Ursaring Prime (New)
  • Snorlax Plasma (New)
  • Kingdra (PF) (New)

No longer on the list

• Evosoda

Erratas

• Mysterious Fossil: Can evolve into ANY Fossil and Restored Pokémon.
  • Aerodactyl (Fossil): Pokémon Power works only if it's the Active Pokémon.
  • Slowking (NG): Pokémon Power works only if it's the Active Pokémon.
  • Dark Vileplume (TR): Pokémon Power works only if it's the Active Pokémon.

Alright, things are starting to slow down a bit for me, so I can get into this now.
I have a few questions, however:

What is the point of 3-4 star cards? That essentially bans them because most of them are only useful in multiple copies (especially Stadiums). Like, nobody will build a Lost World deck now because they would need 2-3 of that Stadium incase the opponent is also playing Stadiums.
I really do like the idea of stars though, I just think it should be limited to each card costing 1 or 2, and no more then 4 in a deck.
All I mean is, give deck builders some breathing room. As I said, there is no way I'd ever use 1 Uxie LA when I could instead add +3 Donphan Prime to my list.

Following this, I'd make Gabite (DRX) cost a star and leave Garchomp itself alone (or make it an ex, idc). That way, in decks that could abuse it's ability, they'll be almost out of stars by the time they put in the 2-3 they need.

edit: Also, the Wally's Training link in the OP leads me to shiny Sigilyph on Bulba. :p

Want to know what our worst nightmare is? GothGor/Dusknoir/Mew can still work with old Mew-ex. :/

Keeper of Night said:
Alright, things are starting to slow down a bit for me, so I can get into this now.

First, I'm glad you finally can join and/or contribute in this project! It is really appreciated!

Keeper of Night said:
What is the point of 3-4 star cards? That essentially bans them because most of them are only useful in multiple copies (especially Stadiums). Like, nobody will build a Lost World deck now because they would need 2-3 of that Stadium incase the opponent is also playing Stadiums.

3 or 4 stars cards are the most powerful cards in the TCG, or the ones with a huge OTK/FTK potential, which means that you can defeat your opponent within one turn, even the first turn. Take Holon Circle as an example: with Golduck Delta, you can create a lockdown.

However, we are opened to decide which card should stay in the 3 or 4 star list. If you think Lost World should be a Star 2 card, let us know and we will discuss that!

Keeper of Night said:
I really do like the idea of stars though, I just think it should be limited to each card costing 1 or 2, and no more then 4 in a deck.
All I mean is, give deck builders some breathing room. As I said, there is no way I'd ever use 1 Uxie LA when I could instead add +3 Donphan Prime to my list.

Following this, I'd make Gabite (DRX) cost a star and leave Garchomp itself alone (or make it an ex, idc). That way, in decks that could abuse it's ability, they'll be almost out of stars by the time they put in the 2-3 they need.

I agree that most card should be in the 1 or 2 Star list. As you can see, most of the cards are already there, or treated as an ex. However, there are potentially dangerous cards that should be added to the 3 or 4 star list if we don't want to ban them. Of course, the place of the cards is still for discuss.

If you support the idea, we can add all the 3 Star Stadiums to the 2 Star list instead. And also we can make Garchomp to a 1 Star card or an ex. It's up to you to decide.

Keeper of Night said:
edit: Also, the Wally's Training link in the OP leads me to shiny Sigilyph on Bulba. :p

Oh, thanks. I'll fix that!

Luispipe8 said:
Want to know what our worst nightmare is? GothGor/Dusknoir/Mew can still work with old Mew-ex. :/

That's an interesting suggestion. However, it will be much slower as without Darkrai EX, you cannot retreat Gothitelle for free. (So only the ideal lock will work, the early lock won't.)

Not potentially, but aggressively dangerous. Maybe make Accelgor and/or Mew-ex 2 star Pokémon. Gothitelle is not that big of a deal, but maybe Vileplume(Undaunted, I believe, since it works on the Bench) and Trevenant could be 1 star for their versatility.

Keeper of Night said:

3 or 4 stars cards are the most powerful cards in the TCG, or the ones with a huge OTK/FTK potential, which means that you can defeat your opponent within one turn, even the first turn. Take Holon Circle as an example: with Golduck Delta, you can create a lockdown.
Well, yes, but there's still the problem of what I said before that if you can only use one stadium, you'll have lost 3 of your stars when your opponent plays one of their own.

However, we are opened to decide which card should stay in the 3 or 4 star list. If you think Lost World should be a Star 2 card, let us know and we will discuss that!
Lost World shouldn't be higher then 2 stars. It never was overly broken before, but is unplayable in copies of one. Making it 2 stars would let Lost World decks be able to have 2 copies of their stadium.

Keeper of Night said:

I agree that most card should be in the 1 or 2 Star list. As you can see, most of the cards are already there, or treated as an ex. However, there are potentially dangerous cards that should be added to the 3 or 4 star list if we don't want to ban them. Of course, the place of the cards is still for discuss.

If you support the idea, we can add all the 3 Star Stadiums to the 2 Star list instead. And also we can make Garchomp to a 1 Star card or an ex. It's up to you to decide.

3 Stars •Uxie (LA)
•Luxray GL Lv X

•Broken Time-Space
•Holon Circle
•Dawn Stadium
•Lost World (2 Stars -> 3 Stars)
Luxray makes sense, but as a LV.X anyway, people won't ever be playing more then 2 even without stars. I'd make it an ex.
Uxie is meh. It's usually only played in copies of 1-2 anyway. I thinkit could be moved to 2 stars.
All the stadiums should be moved to 2 stars, so that decks that use them don't have to rely on one copy.

4 Stars
•Sableye (SF)
•Mewtwo LV. X
•Spiritomb (AR) (3 Stars -> 4 Stars)
I think we should just ban Sableye lol.
I'll say the same thing about Mewtwo that I said about Luxray, as a LV. X, people can't play ore then 2 of it anyway. And, since you've eliminated a majority of useful basics anyway, the ability isn't OP. The attack is terrible too lol.
Spiritomb is rather OP, but if you made it an ex instead, I doubt people would want to still lead with it's frail HP. :p

Ultimately, my suggestion would be:
Move everything in the 3-4 star categories down to 2 stars, ban Sableye, and make Spiritomb and Luxray ex pokémon.

New Special Rule: You can't have more than 1 Pokémon LV.X in your deck.

UPDATE - Thank you Keeper of Night and Luispipe8!

April 2014
(Work In Progress!)​

Let's start the work on the new list!

The format is now supporting ALL sets!!!

Now let's see the list!

1 Star

• Holon's Castform
  • Unown R (LA)
  • Unown Z (SW)
  • Crobat G (PL)
  • Pachirisu (GE)
  • Feraligatr Prime
  • Emboar (BW 20) (Inferno Fandango)
  • Machamp (SF)
  • Blastoise (Base, BC) (New)
  • Alakazam (Base) (New)
  • Arceus (Colorless / AR5) (New)
  • Donphan Prime (New)
  • Crobat Prime (New)
  • Kingdra Prime (New)
  • Reuniclus (BW) (New)
  • Holon Transceiver
  • Cyrus's Conspiracy
  • Pokédrawer +
  • Seeker
  • Pokémon Collector
  • Hypnotoxic Laser
  • Virbank City Gym (New)
  • Eviolite (2 Stars -> 1 Star)
  • Hard Charm (New)
  • Darkness Energy (Special)
  • Metal Energy (Special)
  • Double Rainbow Energy (New)

2 Stars

• Claydol (GE)
  • Azelf (LA)
  • Cleffa (NG) (New)
  • Sableye (DEX) (New)
  • Magnezone Prime (New)
  • Accelgor (DEX) (New)
  • Uxie (LA) (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Cessation Crystal
  • Luxury Ball
  • Junk Arm
  • Lost World
  • Broken Time-Space (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Dawn Stadium (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Holon Circle (3 Stars -> 2 Stars)
  • Boost Energy
  • Scramble Energy (New)

Banned
  • Sableye (SF) (New)
  • BW-on EXs and M-EXs
  • Promo/Jumbo Cards
  • ALL Trainers from sets released by Wizards of the Coast (Base, Jungle, Fossil, Base Set 2, Team Rocket, Gym Heroes, Gym Challenge, Neo Genesis, Neo Discovery, Neo Revelation, Neo Destiny, Legendary Collection)

The following Pokémon are treated as ex (You take 2 Prize Cards if you Knock Out an ex Pokémon. All effects which affect Pokémon ex cards will affect these cards too. Their name is ALSO changed so they do not work with LV. X cards.)

• Virizion (EP, NV)
  • Terrakion (EP, NV)
  • Cobalion (EP, NV)
  • Thundurus (EP)
  • Tornadus (EP)
  • Landorus (NV)
  • Articuno (ND)
  • Zapdos (ND)
  • Moltres (ND)
  • Reshiram (BW, PF)
  • Zekrom (BW, PF)
  • Kyurem (NV, DV, PF)
  • Black Kyurem
  • White Kyurem
  • Keldeo (BC) - both
  • Genesect (PL)
  • Yveltal (XY)
  • Xerneas (XY)
  • Mewtwo (LT)
  • Ampharos Prime (New)
  • Typhlosion Prime (New)
  • Tyranitar Prime (New)
  • Machamp Prime (New)
  • Raichu Prime (New)
  • Ursaring Prime (New)
  • Snorlax Plasma (New)
  • Kingdra (PF) (New)
  • Spiritomb (AR) (3 Stars -> Ex)
  • Vileplume UD (New)
  • Garchomp (DE 90) (Dragonblade) (New)
  • Trevenant (XY) (New)

No longer on the list

• Evosoda

Erratas

• Mysterious Fossil: Can evolve into ANY Fossil and Restored Pokémon.
  • Slowking (NG): Pokémon Power works only if it's the Active Pokémon.

Updated the list:

- There are no 3 or 4 Star Lists anymore.
- Uxie & Stadiums went to 2 Stars
- Accelgor is added to the 2 Stars list
- Hard Charm is added to the 1 Star list
- Vileplume got an errata and treated as ex
- Trevenant, Spiritomb & Garchomp are treated as ex
- You can only have 1 LV.X card per deck

Luispipe8 said:
Dat Lv.X rule... That's discrimination towards my deck... TT.TT

That, or they will have the same rule as ex-s: your opponent takes 2 Prize Cards when a Pokémon LV.X has been knocked out. I'm still unsure about which one, thought.

Sheodon said:
Updated the list:

- There are no 3 or 4 Star Lists anymore.
- Uxie & Stadiums went to 2 Stars
- Accelgor is added to the 2 Stars list
- Hard Charm is added to the 1 Star list
- Vileplume got an errata and treated as ex
- Trevenant, Spiritomb & Garchomp are treated as ex
- You can only have 1 LV.X card per deck

I like these rules. Lv.X could go either way though, ex or only per deck.

BOTH!!! Ok, please not both, that would be terrible. D: But well, given that they're different than ex's, I believe that's fine. So, I'll try to fix what's left of my previous deck and then post my Skittles deck.

Hey! I just made an account to post here, but I wanted to see how my Darkrai deck would do in this thread! I am looking to make the flow of this deck a bit better. I have playtested this deck with a friend some, and won most times (7/1).

Pokemon

• 1 Darkrai Lv.X
  • 1 Darkrai EX LT
  • 1 Darkrai GE
  • 2 Deino DE
  • 1 Zweilous LT
  • 2 Hydregion DE
  • 2 Pawniard PF
  • 2 Bisharp PF
  • 2 Zorua XY
  • 2 Zoroark BWP

Total Pokemon: 16

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

• 2 Roller Skates XY
  • 1 Red Card XY
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt XY
  • 1 Shadow Circle XY
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PS
  • 3 Colress PS
  • 2 Ultra Ball P.B
  • 1 Computer Search BC
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher EP
  • 3 N DE
  • 1 Bianca EP
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Professor Juniper DE
  • 1 Superior Energy Retrieval PF
  • 1 Castaway ex-CG
  • 2 Eviolite NV
  • 1 Energy Search BC
  • 1 Rare Candy P.B

Total T/S/S: 35

Energy

• 8 Darkness Energy
  • 1 Rainbow Energy XY

Total Energy: 9

Anyways, please review! I just recently got into deckbuilding and put together some cards that I thought would work.

The point of this deck is to get out Darkrai EX/Lv. X. If that fails, use other attackers.

1) Please read the format you're posting in, because it's not Unlimited. Just read the OP and modify the list if you want to be part of this.
2) If you want feedback on your deck as a simple Unlimited format deck, ask in the Deck Garage, not on the first thread you see... XDD

Nano Shinonome said:
Hey! I just made an account to post here, but I wanted to see how my Darkrai deck would do in this thread! I am looking to make the flow of this deck a bit better. I have playtested this deck with a friend some, and won most times (7/1).
Pokemon
  • 1 Darkrai Lv.X
  • 1 Darkrai EX LT
  • 1 Darkrai GE
  • 2 Deino DE
  • 1 Zweilous LT
  • 2 Hydregion DE
  • 2 Pawniard PF
  • 2 Bisharp PF
  • 2 Zorua XY
  • 2 Zoroark BWP

Total Pokemon: 16

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums

• 2 Roller Skates XY
  • 1 Red Card XY
  • 1 Team Flare Grunt XY
  • 1 Shadow Circle XY
  • 4 Hypnotoxic Laser PS
  • 3 Colress PS
  • 2 Ultra Ball P.B
  • 1 Computer Search BC
  • 4 Pokemon Catcher EP
  • 3 N DE
  • 1 Bianca EP
  • 2 Virbank City Gym
  • 4 Professor Juniper DE
  • 1 Superior Energy Retrieval PF
  • 1 Castaway ex-CG
  • 2 Eviolite NV
  • 1 Energy Search BC
  • 1 Rare Candy P.B

Total T/S/S: 35

Energy

• 8 Darkness Energy
  • 1 Rainbow Energy XY

Total Energy: 9
Anyways, please review! I just recently got into deckbuilding and put together some cards that I thought would work.

The point of this deck is to get out Darkrai EX/Lv. X. If that fails, use other attackers.

First of all, I'm not sure if this it the ideal topic to post your Deck, especially because your Deck is currently illegal for this alternative format. EX Pokémon from Black and White and X/Y Series are illegal in this format, which means you cannot use them in your Deck.

Also, in order to balance the gameplay, we added some cards "stars". This is an important aspect of the game, because a Deck can only contain up to 4 stars, if you exceed the limit, your deck is not allowed (again). Let's see the upcoming new list, April 2014 in order to fix the Deck.

- Eviolite is a 1 Star Card, you use 2 copies: 2 Stars
- Virbank City Gym is another 1 Star Card, 2 Copies: 2 Stars
- 4 Hypnotoxic Lasers: 4 Stars

Which means that you exceeded the limit by 4 Stars, since you use 8 Stars. You must remove 4 of the aforementioned cards, and the Darkrai EX should be replaced by another card, and voila! The Deck is allowed here. :)

(If we're using the March list, then Eviolite is a 2 Star Card, and 2 copies means 4 Stars, so the Deck is exceeding the limit by 4 again because Virbank is not limited there.)

Guys, what do you think about the Owner's Pokémon? Do you think they should get some buff or some kind of help/errata? Currently they seem a bit useless since they lost all of their supports (trainers).

And currently I'm really thinking about DCE. What is your opinion about that card? Is it balanced? Should it get some kind of limit?

LV.X is still a question, but I'm actually getting used to the 1 per deck idea now.

Also feel free to share any idea to the discussion if you have!

And currently I'm really thinking about DCE. What is your opinion about that card? Is it balanced? Should it get some kind of limit?
This is easy. Limit each deck to 4 max special energy. That way, in decks that would use, say, DCE and Plasma, they have to choose and they wouldn't be as fast due to lack of acceleration. Decks that only use DCE... I don't know if they're imbalanced or not. So far, it seems fine to me.

•Vileplume (UD): Pokémon Power works only if it's the Active Pokémon. (Also treated as an ex.)
Lets fix this real fast.
Vileplume, when having to be active, is just a much much worse version of Gothitelle. Yet I don't see Gothitelle listed as an ex. Vileplume stops both players from playing trainers, Goth only stops the opponent.
I would either:
Make Vileplume an ex (or cost 2 stars?) and change the errata back.
Make Gothitelle an ex, and put Vilepume back to normal status with the change that it needs to be active.

Back